Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Official What You Will Need For Your Upcoming Weightloss Surgery Thread!

Wow these are all excellent ideas! Keep them coming. :) I will get that list prepared soon. I ended up not having a lot of time this weekend. It just makes sense to wait until more ideas are brought up first anyhow.

Awesome, you all rock!! :D

Bring your bed pillow from home, hosp. pillows are terrible...

I'm only going to bring my iphn (to update u all) and underwear. That's it. I will bring a pillow for the car ride home. :0)

I have not had my sleeve yet, but I have had two laproscopic surgeries and a c-section and I found that a body pillow was WONDERFUL! It allows even support of the whole body while in the side lying position. It can also be pulled tight to the body with both the arms and legs for those painful coughing moments.

I was sleeved on Monday honestly only things I needed were my mom && dad great support system they helped me at all times. Also had my phone listened to some Adele lol && I was great left Tuesday at 5 pm

I was sleeved on Monday honestly only things I needed were my mom && dad great support system they helped me at all times. Also had my phone listened to some Adele lol && I was great left Tuesday at 5 pm

Welcome to the losers bench!

thanx so much fye not quite sure im losing any pounds yet but im hoping to lose some of this pain where my drain is located lol was not expecting this! trying to stay positive the worst is over each day is getting easier for me<3

Welcome to the losers bench!

Thank you all for the great suggestions!! I am scheduled for 11/11/11 ( I know, right?) I can't wait. I now have my necessities list made and ready. This site roKKS!!!!

Any bra type suggestions? I'm rather well endowed and will need to keep these puppies off of my incisions! :))

Any bra type suggestions? I'm rather well endowed and will need to keep these puppies off of my incisions! smile.png)

I'm not sure how endowed you are but if you can get a nice soft sports bra. fruit of the Loom makes a great cotton/spandex blend that's breathable and lightweight... but it's also excellent with support. It is sold in a 2 pack for less than $15, great deal! Good luck!!! smile.png

Would need any type of spray bottle if your mouth gets really dry? or that is not necessary ?

Would need any type of spray bottle if your mouth gets really dry? or that is not necessary ?

My mouth did feel really dry but really I would just sip my Water every few minutes to relieve that. :)

My suggestion would be 'no'... when they don't give you Water (the first day after surgery) -- they really don't want you to have any water... maybe ice cubes to suck- but you have to spit them out.

When you're cleared to drink-- a straw and glass are fine.

chipped teeth? oh hell no! :(

When I came out of surgery my lips were peeling, and dry, with some raw nicks. I couldn't drink anything for most of a day and a half, just use "sponge pops". When I was under, they put the bougie and breathing tube down the hatch, the surgery was 3 1/2 hours, so the lips got pretty banged up and dried out. I even signed a sheet staying that I understood that I might wake up with cuts or other injuries in.on my mouth...even chipped teeth! Its the anastesia(sp) mostly I think....