Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im saying bye bye to my hair!

Well I went tonight and got my hair done. I love it. She cut it to just a little below my shoulders and moved my part to the side. And I got a little more highlights. I cant believe how much thicker it looks. I feel sooooooo much better. I am deffinitly going to keep up with this style. Thanks every one for all your support.

We are going to work on the picture tonight. So hopefully we can figure it out. Oh and by the way what is a Frito pie? Sounds good. Isnt anything with Fritos in it good?

There are variations on Frito Pie, but think of it basically as a chili type base with the Fritos in it. Sometimes cheese on it too. Very yummy!

Waiting for pictures of your new 'do!

Terry

The doctor told me that its a real simple fix. Buy Biotin supplement. He said it is available at Walmart or GNC.

My doc said to save my money and don't buy any supplements because there is no medical evidance that Biotin or any other supplement works.

From all the info I've gathered here, the norm is that it will start to grow back in about a year.

I am a slow loser, have had my band 14 months. Have only lost about 34 pounds and just the last month my hair has started to fall out!

I have waisted a lot of money already. I used the Biotin and Nioxin. But nothing at all helped. It has slowed way down in the last 3 days. But I agree that its a waist of money and you just have to ride it out and it will stop. Oh and im thinking about that Fritos and chilli thing. Yum.

See, I think the Nioxin does work. It completely changes how my hair feels and how much hair I lose when I wash or comb.

:rant: Last week after dealing with this same problem as all of you gals I went for it and had hair extensions put in! I am sooooo happy with them!!! My mother is a hair dresser and she can't believe how natural they came out no one can tell except for the fact it is long and thick again. I had real human hair in three shades put in -they use a keratin based type thing and a tiny Iron to attatch it. They only do very small strand sections. My head is still a little sore but I love them! It took 7 hours and it was $1500 . It will last up to six months as long as I follow the guidelines. I was so depressed about my hairloss . It was thin, brittle and sparse. It was not coming back the way it was and I have even developed some psoriesis (they say from stress) on my scalp since banding. I saved the money took a deep breathe and went for it. The reaction has been incredible from family and friends. I feel so much better about myself now. Girls look into it and only the best hair and salon - you can not tell at all! There is no reason to live with this ---that is why God invented extensions and the lapband.....;)

That's honestly what I'd do too if it happened to me. I feel I'm losing "more" hair than I was but I've always been a terrible shedder. The amount I lose is more than average but in no way could I say my hair is actually thinning. I always lost lots, now I just lose a lot more. I think it might be because my hair's to about midway between my brastrap and shoulders which is the absolute longest my hair grows - so presumably much of it is at the end of its growing cycle and falling out naturally.

I also had bio ionic straightening done back in March and I do wonder if as with any chemical treatment, I simply lose more now becuase its weaker and breaks. It feels in reasonably good condition though.

I wouldnt tolerate having to go short, I'd die first. It really doesnt look good on me. I'd have hair extensions for sure, regardless of the cost. I'm only 38, I'm not ready for short hair yet.

JJB, did you ever get pics up of your new do? I was out of town and didnt get to follow up with you until now. I'm SO glad you loved the cut. Let me know if you need help posting the pics!

I have the pictures I just dont know how to put them on here. My husband took before and after pics of me. I am not good at any thing having to do with computers.

Ok, do you know how to email pics? If so, email them to me at skmorris2@gmail.com

I will resize them and either put them up for you or show you how to do it yourself. You let me know what you'd prefer.