Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 48days out, last week I had a fever (about 100.0F) went to my surgeon and he told me it must be a flu. In fact one day laterI had some light syntoms. I wet to the doctor last wensday and by sturday the fever was gone by itself.

But on monday It was back, so on tuesday I call him again and he is out of the country. I talked to one of his assitent doctors and I went to the hospital and make some blood exams that showed no infection. I have no pain, nothing, a little nause now and then, but still able to eat, and the fever that keep coming back.

Any Ideas?

You might be suffering from a virus of some sorts, but it's never a bad idea to have a contrast study performed to ensure that your staple line is safely healing.

Most leaks come with excruciating pain, nausea, and vomiting, but some pinhole leaks might not cause all the "normal" symptoms.

You might be suffering from a virus of some sorts, but it's never a bad idea to have a contrast study performed to ensure that your staple line is safely healing.

Most leaks come with excruciating pain, nausea, and vomiting, but some pinhole leaks might not cause all the "normal" symptoms.

But a tiny hole whould showed an infection in the blood test and there is no infection. As you they also think this is a virus. Nausea is almost gone, only the fever is still here. No pain at all.

But a tiny hole whould showed an infection in the blood test and there is no infection. As you they also think this is a virus. Nausea is almost gone, only the fever is still here. No pain at all.

I had 3 abscesses festering in my abdominal and pelvic cavity 6 weeks after my leak repair, and my WBC was slightly elevated, but nothing to cause major alarm. I'm not disagreeing with you completely, but if it's an abscess of some sort, and the infection hasn't spread, labs won't always reveal elevated WBC.

I was actually diagnosed with a UTI, and sent home with antibiotics. Then when the pain and off and on fever didn't subside, the abscesses were detected after a CT scan with contrast.

I was just throwing out that it's better to be safe than sorry. There are isolated cases of pinhole leaks going undiagnosed for a few months post-op. I've shared the links on here before, and hoping for you that the fever breaks and you feel better soon. From the title of the topic, and your original post, it sounded as if you were concerned about a possible leak.

Best wishes.

I had 3 abscesses festering in my abdominal and pelvic cavity 6 weeks after my leak repair, and my WBC was slightly elevated, but nothing to cause major alarm. I'm not disagreeing with you completely, but if it's an abscess of some sort, and the infection hasn't spread, labs won't always reveal elevated WBC.

I was actually diagnosed with a UTI, and sent home with antibiotics. Then when the pain and off and on fever didn't subside, the abscesses were detected after a CT scan with contrast.

I was just throwing out that it's better to be safe than sorry. There are isolated cases of pinhole leaks going undiagnosed for a few months post-op. I've shared the links on here before, and hoping for you that the fever breaks and you feel better soon. From the title of the topic, and your original post, it sounded as if you were concerned about a possible leak.

Best wishes.

Tiffy,

Thanks for you reply. My doctor is traveling and I really worried. I will search to see If I can get a CT scan tomorow.

I have no great advice because I have been fortunate enough to not experience this, but it is the kind of thing that you also have to trust yourself, if you don't feel like the dr's are doing all that you think needs done speak up. You really are your best and only advocate. Good luck and hopefully they find a whole lot of nothing!

Anna

I have no great advice because I have been fortunate enough to not experience this, but it is the kind of thing that you also have to trust yourself, if you don't feel like the dr's are doing all that you think needs done speak up. You really are your best and only advocate. Good luck and hopefully they find a whole lot of nothing!

Anna

I hope you right. There's a chance that it's nothing, since I have no pain.

Best wishes.

Tiffy.

Did you have pain with the abcesses?

Tiffy.

Did you have pain with the abcesses?

Not until I had been on antibiotics for a few days. I had a nagging, discomfort when urinating, and that's why they thought I had a urinary tract infection. I did have a little bacteria in my urine when they tested it, but I had no abdominal pain or discomfort when eating/drinking until I had been on antibiotics for about 4-5 days. Then one day it hit and I could barely get out of bed, and was admitted to the hospital for a week.

ugh tiff that does not sound pleasant. you have been through quite a journey to get where you are!

I thought I remembered that a rapid heartbeat is another sign. Have you checked to see what your heartrate is? I looked in my paperwork and it said to notify doc if heartrate is greater than 100 beats per minute.

Good luck. Try to think positive!

I think it's unlikely to be a leak this late out. An abcess is possible but they are pretty rare. If it were me, I'd probably get it checked out just to be sure. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

Great news everybody. I just came back from hospital where I made a CT scan with contrast. No leaks, no abcesses, nothing found.

Fever is getting lower with the antibiotics, so I guess I have some kind of a flu.

Tiffy by the way, what is the treatment for the abcess?

Great news everybody. I just came back from hospital where I made a CT scan with contrast. No leaks, no abcesses, nothing found.

Fever is getting lower with the antibiotics, so I guess I have some kind of a flu.

Tiffy by the way, what is the treatment for the abcess?

YAY YAY that's great news ! ! !

Because of the location of my abscesses, I was hospitalized for a week, had 2 drains placed, and was on IV antibiotics for 7 days then came home with drains for a couple of weeks, and then a couple more weeks of oral antibiotics.