Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers YAY The party is ON

Anyone else out there with a September Sleeve????

I got my sleeve on my Birthday, Sept 29. I'm on Stage II foods (full liquids). So far everything is great. My incisions are still a bit sore, but that will pass.

I am a week out (9/27) and doing great. Only soreness is really where my port was removed during my revision. Staples come out tomorrow!!!!!! I have finally lost the 9 pounds I gained in the hospital, plus 1~.

Slow and steady!!

Debra

Hi! I had my lapband removed and got my sleeve on 9/20. I'm slowly moving ahead to purees, taking it one food type at at a time. So far cream of chicken Soup, scrambled eggs, yogurt and pudding have been okay. I am down 22 lbs since the night before my surgery!!!

I got mine on Sept. 8th -- just loving the results :)

Happy to meet all of you. :rolleyes: From the tickers it looks like we're a stellar group. Who is on stage III foods? What goes down easy?

I had to push my appt with Dr out a week due to my friends medical situation. I don't know if I can survive an extra week on stage II foods. :o

Happy to meet all of you. :rolleyes: From the tickers it looks like we're a stellar group. Who is on stage III foods? What goes down easy?

I had to push my appt with Dr out a week due to my friends medical situation. I don't know if I can survive an extra week on stage II foods. :o

Hi I had my surgery on September 2, 2010 and am on soft foods. I feel as if I'm not losing as fast as everyone else. Since surgery I have only lost 25 pounds. I know I should be happy with that, and I am losing 2 to 3 pounds a week, and have not stopped losing, but just feel like I'm losing slower then everyone else.

Hi I had my surgery on September 2, 2010 and am on soft foods. I feel as if I'm not losing as fast as everyone else. Since surgery I have only lost 25 pounds. I know I should be happy with that, and I am losing 2 to 3 pounds a week, and have not stopped losing, but just feel like I'm losing slower then everyone else.

No worries sunshine... I am in the slow losers club too. I am over 3 weeks out and have only lost about 15 Lbs since surgery day. I'm not going to stress about it though. I was gaining with my band so for that matter I am very happy!!!! :D

I've already gone down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size. I feel incredible too. Not going to sabotage my own self by comparing myself to others losses.

I saw my doc today and got the okay to move onto Stage 3 foods.. but I'm SCARED! I'm still barely getting through stage 2. Trying to eat slowly, only measure out 1/4cup and pay attention to my stomach. I've never put so much thought into eating!!! I think I'm going to make a ticker!

Hey, whadda ya think about starting our own Monday Check In here. I really would like to track my progress. It keeps me better on track.

I am resisting the urge to weigh everyday, but weekly would be A-OK with me.

Anyone interested???? :huh:

Monday check in sounds good. I just ate 2 saltines with beef stew broth an potatoes-tasted like a gourmet meal lol

No worries sunshine... I am in the slow losers club too. I am over 3 weeks out and have only lost about 15 Lbs since surgery day. I'm not going to stress about it though. I was gaining with my band so for that matter I am very happy!!!! :D

I've already gone down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size. I feel incredible too. Not going to sabotage my own self by comparing myself to others losses.

Oh no worries. As long as I'm losing I'm happy. I have lost 2 or more pounds a week since surgery, so to me that is good. As far as sizes I have gone down one size in pants, and probably in shirts, my 3x are getting big on me but to scared to try 2x yet. I still fit into my 24 pants, but they are pretty big, and yesterday I wore a size 22 which were a little snug in the stomach area, but real baggy in the rear. As far as sabotaging by comparing to other loses, I know that everyone loses differently and I just need to keep that in mind. Thanks for the pep talk, you put me right back in the right state of mind. :)

Oh no worries. As long as I'm losing I'm happy. I have lost 2 or more pounds a week since surgery, so to me that is good. As far as sizes I have gone down one size in pants, and probably in shirts, my 3x are getting big on me but to scared to try 2x yet. I still fit into my 24 pants, but they are pretty big, and yesterday I wore a size 22 which were a little snug in the stomach area, but real baggy in the rear. As far as sabotaging by comparing to other loses, I know that everyone loses differently and I just need to keep that in mind. Thanks for the pep talk, you put me right back in the right state of mind. :)

Awesome! I personally think you are doing fantastic!

Whenever I notice my scale isn't moving for whatever reason I always try on clothes in my closet and see how they're working for me. I am always pleasantly surprised to find out they are getting bigger and bigger. I have a huge assortment of sizes ranging from 22 all the way down to an 8 in pants, and from a 2X top all the way down to a Medium in tops. I've been all over the map in my lifetime! LOL

You really should try on that 2X girlie! I bet it fits great, and if not it could be already getting to big for you. ;)

Definitely! Monday check-in sounds great to me. Tomorrow I'll be 3 weeks out. I'm still waiting to feel more comfortable. Still scared to try new foods. I'm away for the weekend w/ inlaws, so I definitely am not trying anything new PLUS my new chili for dinner Friday didn't work out okay. Anyone have some suggestions for me? I've successfully had scrambled egg, yogurt, lipton cup of Soup, cream of chicken soup and potatoes.. which are so so for me. I thought Chili was a good step to move to, but i guess I was wrong. Fruits? Has anyone had luck with peaches or pineapple or oranges.. small soft fruits? At 3 weeks out? Or is it too soon still and I'm pushing it?

I have some peaches I want to try - canned with no sugar added of course. They should be soft enough. However I won't try any oranges or citrus yet because it is very fibrous. I'm not sure if anyone else might have tried it out around this time. I'm going to be 4 weeks out on Wednesday.

I still haven't lost the weight I gained last Monday so my net loss after surgery is 11 pounds at three and a half weeks. I have gone from a 26 to a 22 since I started my pre op diet August 30th so I guess I am doing something right. I try to get up to a mile a day of walking but it is so hard. I live in the country where the edge of the road is less than a foot wide and there is a steep drop-off to the ditch so walking on the pavement isn't feasible. I do laps in the pasture but it is the most uneven and rough place to walk I have ever been on - besides my actual yard that is. And it doesn't help that the only walkin shoes are those tone up your butt ones with the rounded soles so I spend my entire walk looking at my feet so I won't fall on my not so toned butt. My shoulders are killing me after four laps (.8 miles) I have to quit whether I want to or not. I have several exercise machines but every single one hurts my feet before I even get going good and I have to hop off. At least the surgery helped my IBS enough I don't have to sprint to the potty after 10 minutes. Hard to get there in time when you are a football field length away!