Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After crying in my beef burrito, I'am back.

I don't know if you read my post last week. After my go around with Kaiser.I not sure what do. For days I have been myself to just forget the whole thing just try again on own. Now I am starting to get my fight back on.. I am not sure which way to go, fight the under 40 BMI with my HP,HC fatty liver, or gain some weight plus put weights in clothes. What do you think is the best route?

NIH Requirements for Weight Loss Surgery

The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a division of the US Department of Health and Human Services, is considered one of the world's foremost medical research centers. The NIH has set patient criteria for weight loss surgery which states that eligible patients should have a BMI of 40 or higher (morbidly obese) or a BMI of at least 35 with co-morbidities (obesity related health conditions) such as diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease, high cholesterol, or hypertension (high blood pressure) and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Eligible patients must also have attempted and failed at previous weight loss efforts and need to pass a psychiatric evaluation to be recommended for weight loss surgery.

I would say first thing to try is the appeal. The consider your other options.

I am sorry that you are having these issues with the insurance. I was sort of in same boat. I did not even attempt with the insurance because of my lower BMI and lack of comorbities.

do you have co-morbidities? If so, I would reeapeal.

If not, kaiser has other really great weight loss programs you could look into. they have a medical weight management class (where to do meal supplements and so on) that is supposed to be really great. Just because they say you can't have surgery doesn't mean you can't lose weight.... it just may be in a different kind of program. Plus, if you try their other programs and your body does not respond, that gives them more reason to approve you for weight loss surgery as well.

Appeal, and keep fighting. Self pay may be another option, think Dr. Aceves...

Do not gain weight in order to qualify for your program! That is counter productive and not good for your body!