Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need advice HELP should I cancel surgery tomorrow?

Ok after I got the clearance from insurance(they told me it would be at least 3 weeks before I even would be scheduled) my surgeons office called Tuesday Sept 21st and gave me a surgery date of Monday Sept 27th. At that time she told me to start on a liquid diet I had already had Breakfast and lunch by then, so I started the liquid diet the next day the 22nd, my dilema I struggled and slipped twice since then now my Surgery is tomorrow and I am scared, But the other dilema is if originally I was told I would need to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and I was scheduled for surgery with only 5 days of a liquid diet how important is it really? my BMI is 43 wt 267 ht 5feet 6inches need help dont know if I should cancel tomorrow and rescedule.

You should let your doctor know, but their is no reason to cancel the surgery. The reason they put you on a low fat diest is to make the liver smaller so that it's easier to access the stomach. It shouldn't be a problem, but tell them just in case. Good luck for you tommorrow

Ok after I got the clearance from insurance(they told me it would be at least 3 weeks before I even would be scheduled) my surgeons office called Tuesday Sept 21st and gave me a surgery date of Monday Sept 27th. At that time she told me to start on a liquid diet I had already had breakfast and lunch by then, so I started the liquid diet the next day the 22nd, my dilema I struggled and slipped twice since then now my Surgery is tomorrow and I am scared, But the other dilema is if originally I was told I would need to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and I was scheduled for surgery with only 5 days of a liquid diet how important is it really? my BMI is 43 wt 267 ht 5feet 6inches need help dont know if I should cancel tomorrow and rescedule.

I did not have to do any pre-op diet prior to my surgery. I was told to fast 8 hours prior to my surgery time. The doctors could have advised the liquid diet so you could get used to it prior to the surgery. I'd call the doctor. But I'm sure you'll be okay.

Hi Ninaboo, tell the doctor is you wish, but the time you have is way enough to deplete your liver of glycogen, which will decrease its size enormously. Many people have this op with no preop diet at all so don't worry too much.

Jane x

I would call and ask for their advice. I don't have to do a pre-op diet, except for 24 hours before surgery, Clear Liquids, and then nothing 8 hours prior to actual surgery time.

Thank you for all your help I am feeling less crazy now... I Will talk with my surgeon in the morning and see what he thinks.

And I agree with all the above, but I would also like to throw in, that there is probably not a one of us that didn't have some kind of doubt either before or after (the 'what have I done to myself' syndrome). This is major surgery, it is a complete lifestyle change that you will be forced into because of physical changes, but isn't that why you decided to do this in the first place? I did. We ALL know the fear of going into the unknown. But I can guarantee you that anything you put on this board, will be answered in some way by someone. We are here for each other. We all have common ground here.

Take care, and best wishes for tomorrow.:thumbup:

thank you all for the great information and encouragement I dont know where I would be without this Forum..!!