Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Torture, I mean diet...

Soo day two of the 14 day liquid diet. I am really missing anything about now.. saw a pop tart a co-worker left on his desk and considered taking a bite.. haha of course I didn't, but it was way to freaking tempting.

Looking for any encouragement out there.

Feeling loopy, having a hard time concentrating, and dealing with a monster headache. Other than that... working away and trying to smile. :)

Are you allowed sugar free puddings? Those really help with the head hunger. Also the Dryers sugar free popsicles help. The headache for me lasted about 4-5 days.

Nancy

no pudding... has to be all clears.. ugh.. I am hanging in. Today I just feel really awful. on a happy note today is more than half over... :001_tongue:

:wink1:You can do this girl! I have talked to dozens of people about this surgery and they all have said it is so worth it and they would do it again tomorrow. Keep us posted and stay strong!

After the first 3 days, the hunger eases. Then you are dealing more with head hunger. I won't lie it sucks being on liquids. TBH, I was too afraid not to follow drs orders. I stuck to liquids like a champ. As tough as it can be, it's so worth it.

You have waited so long for this and it's now your time! Hang in there, you CAN do it.

Best of luck to you.

I guess I was lucky. I was allowed a mixed green salad with Tomato and onion once a day which I ate as my "supper". I was also allowed 1 cup of fruit, and I could have 1/4 cup of walnuts if I couldn't hack the flaxseed oil in my Protein drink(I couldn't!). I had that as a snack at work. The only time I was bothered was last Friday with the grandkids. We usually get Icees on the way home when I pick them up for the weekend. Well they were hungry so I got them each a Krystal with cheese, I could have eaten them both cardboard and all LOL! I told them to eat them fast and they did!:confused:

I can only imagine how you are feeling. I start my liquid diet on Friday. Didn't even realize that this is labor day weekend and we have an extra day off. Which would usually be great but for us it also means either the beach or theme parks. So I guess I'll be packing a cooler with all my supplies.

Good Luck Everyone.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

So glad to see another Orlando person, not many of us that I have seen. Where are you having your surgery and who is your Dr. I am having surgery 9-8, I didn't plan on Labor Day either, Liquids on the grill??

Hi Wedding Planner,

I am having surgery with Dr Kim in Celebration. I have been planning my liquids for a week already and think I have bought every sugar free popsicle in town.

I do get at least 1 cup of raw veggies a day with a vinagrette fat free dressing. Yeah, Who ever thought I'd get excited about raw veggies? LOL.

Who is doing your surgery?

Well day 3 and I felling better today!! I am actually in good spirits! Thank you for all of the kind words and support! You guys made my morning.:) I am really happy that my boss asked everyone to keep food out of the office... for lunch he asked everyone to eat elsewhere. I really appreciate it ... I am fine until I smell food then my body rebels and wants me to tackle the person with it and run off.. hahah now that would make an interesting story on the news tonight ahah. "Crazed woman tackles customer at taco bell and runs off with burrito screaming "my precious" Hahhahaha :thumbup1:

LMAO @ Papillon. I have often envisioned myself being the same way when it's time for my liquid diet. Fortunately we are allowed a sugar free Popsicle and/or sugar free Jello three times a day with our diet. I plan on taking advantage of that every day. I keep telling myself it's only 14 days and the it'll be SOO worth it in the end. HANG IN THERE!!

While I don't have to be on a liquid diet right now, I am doing a Liquid Protein diet with my daughter to support her while she tries to lose weight (has to get back down to her initial consult weight of over a year ago). That is hard enough, but I work at a university and there is a sandwich shop on the bottom floor of the building I am in that cooks bacon in the morning and bakes bread and Cookies all day. For some reason, the odors rise to the floor I am on and I am about to lose my mind with the smells coming into my office! Sigh...

Day 9: Not so bad... When I am at work I tend to do better because I am distracted with things to do haha. I can't believe the surgery is less than a week away. The liquid diet hasn't be unbearable... it sucks, but I have been true to the wishes of my surgeon. We found out that you can have Soup if you strain it. This has made it possible to get through the day knowing I have something to eat at home that is not a Protein shake. PF Changs Soup is great! :thumbup1: So going to get some tonight on the way home.

I really need to stay positive...

My voice teacher means well but she got me all freaked out this afternoon and I just had to take a moment to breathe. She is worried about me and I know that means she cares. :thumbup: I just don't want to freak out about voice loss... I can't add that to everything else I am feeling. I am a singer and the potential changes will be hard to handle but I am also excited about the physical changes. There has to be a middle ground between nothing changing and OMG what did you do.. hahah

I do not want this to be an emotional choice, I want it to be a logical choice. I have done my research and I believe in my surgeon. He advised me that this surgery should not affect my voice and I believe him. I have also talked to several people who have had similar surgeries and they have not noticed a huge change. The most I heard about was some breathing changes after surgery that required 2-3months to Iron out. The rest of my life is worth 2-3 additional months of working on my voice. I am taking classes so I will have people to help me through.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Papillon

Hey Sleeve Sister! I'm still hanging in there too. I had a pre-op appt with my surgeon today and he says I've lost 13 lbs since I was last there. So at least this terrible diet is working! Keep up the good work with following it so well.

I'm not a singer but I know of a lot of professional singers who have lost a lot of weight and it has not affected their voice in a bad way.

(Check out this brief article on Patti Austin: Patti Austin - Austin Sheds 120 Pounds After Gastric Bypass - Contactmusic News).

I think after the surgery you will be an even better singer because of the physical changes on the outside and inside and you'll have the increased confidence that comes from weight loss. Stay positive. There's no telling where your career will go! Make sure you send a shout-out to all of us (or just me) :cursing: when you win that Grammy. :confused1: