Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lean Cuisine Anyone?

Interested in knowing... I had my first lean cuisine yesterday for lunch (butternut squash, wheat Pasta with asparagus) I had to eat it slow but I was able to finish most of it and it was very satisfying. I haven't seen these mentioned on any thread and was wondering if anyone else has tried them. I am a great cook but I find that what I make is either to heavy for me or I loose my desire to eat it after I make it. This is a nice variety and low on calories. I pick the ones that aren't high on sodium and its easy for work. Let me know your thoughts?

I love eating the healthy choice brand...but i dont even come close to finishing it!! usually last me the entire day...I always choose the ones that have meat and eat it first to try and get the protien in! And yes there are so many to choose from it's also very convenient if your in a hurry or just sick of cooking lol:thumbup:

I can't stand Lean Cuisine. I mistakenly bought 3 last year and threw out the first one I tried after one bite. I then attempted to feed them to my boyfriend, who'll eat anything, and he said "I can't believe the crap you women will eat to try to lose weight" and refused to eat it, lol. So the other 2 went in the garbage, as well.

If you have a Safeway in your area, one thing I enjoy there is their frozen vegetable lasagna. It's pretty low in calories and has lots of veggies in it (i.e., fiber). I think one tray would feed a sleever for a week, lol.

I like the chicken Caesar and shrimp alfredo ones. I started eating these on lunch for my own 'custom blend' insurance-hoop-jumping-diet.

Edited by DougNichols

Thanks guys for answering, my thing wasn't about it not tasting good, I like them I just wanted to know if others were taking the easy way out by eating them. I certainly don' eat them every day but I think they are okay. The ones I've chosen are around 220 - 240 calories, no less than 5 grams of Fiber, and no more than 26 grams of carbs. Being that its the only real meal I eat I think its fine. Stick to the ones that aren't heavy in sauces and more veggies and I think we are good to go!:drool:

Interested in knowing... I had my first lean cuisine yesterday for lunch (butternut squash, wheat Pasta with asparagus) I had to eat it slow but I was able to finish most of it and it was very satisfying. I haven't seen these mentioned on any thread and was wondering if anyone else has tried them. I am a great cook but I find that what I make is either to heavy for me or I loose my desire to eat it after I make it. This is a nice variety and low on calories. I pick the ones that aren't high on sodium and its easy for work. Let me know your thoughts?

I live on these for suppers. . .I eat a very small Breakfast, 2-4 oz of something for lunches, rice cake or something for Snacks, and a lean cusine for dinner. . . love them cause they just right! sometimes i can't finish one, but most times i do and they are great! love em' . . .

You have an awesome weight loss so far schaf921. Interested in knowing did she say there were any in particular that you should stay away from or did she just give you a limit as to carbs, calories, etc? If so, what were the limits. I only ask because I had my surgery out of the country and they do things differently there, I don't have a nutritionist monitoring me so I rely on you guys to help me out. Thanks

I am so jealous of you! I can't wait to have 200 calories fill me up!

She didnt give me specific ones but I will grab my sheet from my meeting and post whatever she wrote. I still cant eat a whole one though.

I've tried a few, and I think since surgery my tastes are just too picky to eat pre-packaged, heavily processed foods. I cook a lot, and haven't mastered scaling down portions, but I freeze a lot of foods, and make many meals out of my cooking adventures. During my losing stage, I didn't touch them because of the carb counts, and there was no way I'd be able to even half of one. It was just a waste of money for me.

But, if they work, they work. It just wasn't my thing. I can now enjoy about 2/3 of a hot pocket, or one of the little pizza pouches by weight watchers, but I'm still left feeling like I've just consumed my entire daily allotment of sodium. For me, they just taste preservative ridden so I steer clear of them.

Tiff, I have trouble with anything overly processed or artificial flavorings, etc. There's a certain taste in some of the packaged frozen foods that is overwhelming to me. I used to eat Lean Cuisine meals and Healthy Choices. In fact, my husband and I dieted on Health Choice meals for about a year when they first came out. We both got our fat levels down with them but I got to the point where I would rather have eaten the box than the food inside.

But I'm all for whatever works for somebody else! I think if you've found something that works for you and you're getting decent nutritional value doing it, then two thumbs up!

I had half a Marathon bar for Breakfast and somebody else would probably gag on that. :001_tongue:)

My NUT basically threw out this (I am in NO way a cook). 800-1000 calories - 60-80 grams Protein. 3 meals of 3/4 to 1 cup + 2 Snacks.

BF - such as Greek yogurt, south beach bars, shake, eggs, Kashi Cereal, Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls

Lunch/Dinner - such as Lean Cuisine/Smart One/Healthy Choice - 1/2 sandwich + fruit, 3oz meat + 1/4c produce or whole grain

Snacks - 1/4 cup of nuts, shake, south beach bar - any Protein supplement

Is ok to get fruits/veggies from V8

Basically keep it to less than 10g of sugar per serving as best I can. Hope this helps - obviously this was geared towards me but may help if you are similar.

You're really doing great schaf! Congrats! I think I should up my calories too. Not sure how, but I really think I should.