Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

blowin up the bathroom

DallMike- how did your surgery go with Dr. Nick? I am getting mine in a few hours from him. I am very optimistic as he has a great reputation. Any complications for you thus far?

Hey Coach! Good luck! Dr. Nick and team is great. I had mine done at Baylor Plano and really like it there. The surgery went fine. They gave me some versed in pre-op so I never knew anything until I woke up in recovery. I had a very dry, sore throat for 2 days from being intubated. Big tube, small throat. I had them remove the cathether 15 minutes after getting to my room and was walking the halls soon after that. The morphine PCA pump is your friend. Stayed overnight. Felt great.

The first few days home were very painful. I was taking liquid lortab every 4 hrs and 500mg liquid tylenol too. Poor liver. The first night my wife sacrificed one of her control top pantyhose to give my belly some support. The next day she bought a binder from Daughtery's drugstore. That has been a lifesaver.

Each day was better. By the end of the 2nd bottle of liquid tylenol I thought I was fine and almost back to normal. I squatted down to put on my tennis shoes and when I put the right one on I felt something pull and pop. OUCH!!!! The last 4 days have been very painful. Got another bottle of liq lortab and just finished it. Now I'm on liquid childrens motrin, but taking adult 800mg dose. Slept in the recliner last night. Today is my first day at work in 2 weeks.

Reading VS Talk, I do not seem to have had the typical painfree after 4 days experience, but mine has not been abnormal either. Hope you get off easier than I did. Oh, Dr. Nick uses a 36fr bougie and I asked him to give me a tight one. Who knows, maybe he did? I've lost about 20 lbs since the surgery. I recomment Pure Protein shakes and slimfast. vanilla seems best. I tried a Muscle Milk lite vanilla and they were good too. Isopure RTD is a waste of money. NASTY. I love chicken noodle Soup minus the chicken and noodles. Same for beef stew. Progresso Lite is good.

Bottomline, take a deep breath and do it. Then be very careful and follow orders to the letter. No regrets, I'd do it again.

Great info DallMike--I am also getting it at Baylor-Plano this afternoon. I plan on taking it very easy this week. Thanks for the food info-----I hope I am able to keep some of that stuff down.

Let me know how it goes. Hope this doesn't interfer with your coaching! Where do you coach? The wife and I were just talking about going to watch some games, but our kids are all out of school.

I just had, two weeks ago, Dr. Nick out of Baylor Plano. I'm also having pain two weeks after. if i move the right way it feels like i just got kicked int he stomach by Brock Lesner. and walking and standing also hurt. i tried the binder but it keeps pulling and scratching my incision areas. so i've been done with that. have you noticed anything about a big indention with your surgery? i've noticed it. i have a huge what i call my divot near the spot where they pulled out my stomach. that's also the spot of the pain. i've stopped taking the Hydrocodone(SP?) out of fear of addiction. Not that I'm addicted but i don't want either.