Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Talking about feelings. I feel like a lump on a log. I don't do anything all day long. I watch TV and take a nap and type on here and do very little cleaning. I keep telling myself that as soon as I get a fill and start losing weight I will have more energy and do more things. I do have some projects that I want to do just too lazy right now to do them. I don't think that I am depressed just disgusted that I am not losing at all. I am afraid to weight because I might have gained. I am going to get a fill on Thursday so maybe the weight will start coming off and I will get moving. Sorry but I needed to vent a little.

Anyone interested Dr. Phil has a show today on weight loss surgery. I am not sure what it is about I just saw an ad on TV and it said that it was about wls.

Baylormom I know exactly how you feel. I not even sure I qualify for as bump more like a blob on a log. I don't know how you guys feel but I love reading your posts for support and of course to see that I'm not alone.

What's bugging me is (not on this thread because we're all perfect and beautiful of course) the 'gloom and doom' posts. Willpower, willpower, count calories, exercise, don't eat any carbs or you'll spontaneously combust...I know-the logical part of me knows their right in some respects but I've heard this all of my life (usually from thin people) this does not motivate me at all. How about you guys?

Speaking of Dr Phil he had a show last wk where the husband kept criticizing the wife to get her to lose wt-guess how that went.

What motivates you? I am sorry to be so crabby-am I alone in this?

Sigh. Must go remove the 1 yr old from the dining room table.

Hi,

I'm finding it hard now I'm back at work to remember to drink, I'm so busy now that before I realise it's lunchtime and I need to eat, therefore no drink and i'm often finding I haven't had a drink for 3 hours. It was great when i was still at home, all I had to think of was me and my band, so I could concentrate on the timing of my drinks/food...but now I'm struggling.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have been forcing myself to get up and get moving, including going to the gym in the morning, but so far (okay, to be honest this is only day 2) it has been going well. Yesterday, I took one dog to the groomers, 1 to the vet, got my nails done, including the feet, then sat like a bump on a log, but by then it was 4. I haven't cooked dinner in so long my kids can't remember what a home cooked meal tastes like. Of course, every summer is like this for me. I go back to work on Monday, after my first fill on Friday, and am a little worried about drinking Water at work. I can't just leave 30 6th graders every 10 minutes to Pee!

Anyway, when I feel like a bump, I just remind myself of all the things I'm doing now that I didn't before. Plus, I'll just get up and go for a walk, they just opened a Kohl's and a Cost Plus right down the street, so I can walk and window shop.

Looking forward to my fill on Friday, have been stuck for 3 weeks, even gaining a little. Off to book club, have a great day!

indianlight - i start back to school in 2 weeks and i was wondering about that. i have been feeling better and notice that i drink a lot less if i am busy and believe me at school i am busy!! i also worry that i may snack more because of all the crap in the teacher's room at school. i've been pretty good since my sx but i've also been able to control my environment somewhat...

mbprn- i saw that dr. phill and i wanted to reach into the tv and choke the @#%* out of him!! thank goodness by hubby has been supportive for the most part (he still eats crap and stays uberskinny:( )

Hey Mary, congratulations on your nsv! I had one too sort of, or at least my husband pointed it out to me. My mom (who doesn't know ive had surgery) said that I looked really pretty one evening when she had us over for dinner. Later my husband was like 'babe youre really starting to look great! Did you hear your mom going on and on about it?' And I was like completely oblivious.. Then he goes 'you know when she was talking about your hair and everything' And then I go what does that have to do with losing weight?? He goes 'People don't necessarily notice your size but they notice YOU when your losing weight.' Also my husband said to me that night that I looked hot, lol I didn't even know what he was really saying and I go 'I'm not warm, I feel fine' Then he goes .. NO I mean you look HOT! lol I love my husband. He's losing weight along with me and really happy about it too :D.

While I got confirmation on my fill this Thursday. The doctor will be using the x-ray machine so I am not as scared anymore. I don't even mind drinking tha nasty barium stuff although last time it gave me bad diarhea. I hope I won't have to drink much. I am excited and scared all at one time. I want to get going on this weight loss but I don't want to get all those bad things that come with it sometimes. I guess I will have to careful. I hope the doctor gives be some guidelines so I won't be doing it by myself.

Where are the bingo words? I am excited about chatting if others are. I hope we can do that sometime. Sounds like fun.:clap2:

Hi Gang! I had two appts. today - my therapist and my nutritionist. At my nutritionist appt. it was great because we just pulled up FitDay on her computer and I could show her what I've been eating and the reports on the average amount of Protein, exercise and calories I've been taking in. She was amazed by it. She said I'm doing really well and that I "get it". Apparently a lot of people don't "get it" that you have to make the right choices. One lady couldn't figure out why she wasn't losing weight with her band - she was pureeing DQ Blizzards! H-E-L-L-O!!!

My therapy session went well, too. She hasn't seen me in a month and looked at me and said, "It's working!" I'm doing good in other areas we talked about as well.

I go back to work on Monday, but I am the secretary and can have my Water on my desk, so I can drink all day and leave to go pee whenever I need to. I feel for you teachers who can't do that...

As far as feeling like a bump on a log, I go through spurts with that. My arthritis in my knees keeps me from being as mobile as I'd like to be, but I either ride my recumbant bike or walk while I shop every day, so I'm getting activity in. I get cortisone shot in my knees tomorrow and then I will be feeling really good. I work in a really big school and need to be able to ambulate well and often.

As the weight is dropping I find myself having more energy. I was told my doctor that the key was to drink my water and exercise however I feel I can. The band is already controlling my portions, so it's the other things I have to control. What motivates me is that I just pulled out all the 4X's out of my closet and put them in the garage sale box...and that when I put on my 4X pants, they are very baggy...and when I look in the mirror and don't see so much of my skin hanging below my actual chin...and when I see people who haven't seen me in a while and say I'm starting to look different...and that I'm starting to feel happier...all that motivates me. My husband has never been very good at giving compliments or showing support outright. I know he cares and stuff, and he gives me cards on my birthday and Christmas and Mother's Day that say things like "I know I don't tell you often enough..." yadda, yadda, yadda. So I get my verbal support and "stroking" from my friends, my son, my parents, and even from this site. I also have a whole cyber community on a scrapbooking board that I've gotten to know and they support my accomplishments as well. I have sought out the support system that I need to make sure I succeed. Make sense? My zoloft and my welbutrin help with the depression and energy level, too.

Hang in there girls...it will all come into place and you'll get your energy back :D

Hey crew! Post-op 3 wk here. Just went to doc's apt. Everything is good.

Im looking forward to real food again -- still on mush but i go to soft food 8/25. YAY!

While I got confirmation on my fill this Thursday. The doctor will be using the x-ray machine so I am not as scared anymore. I don't even mind drinking tha nasty barium stuff although last time it gave me bad diarhea. I hope I won't have to drink much. I am excited and scared all at one time. I want to get going on this weight loss but I don't want to get all those bad things that come with it sometimes. I guess I will have to careful. I hope the doctor gives be some guidelines so I won't be doing it by myself.

My nutritionist and I were just talking about this at my appt. She asked if others were reporting having to do the same types of things I am. I told her how some people have to drink this barium stuff and get the fill with an x-ray machine. She'd never heard of that. The program is new at the hospital I go to, but by having my area numbed before he put the needle into the port went just fine. I layed on a table, pushed my stomach out, and he put in the 3 cc's. I drank 3 dixie cups of Water in five minutes before I left and then I went home. It's just amazing how many different ways things can be done. Good luck to you Beth! You'll do just fine. I'm glad you're feeling better about getting your fill.

JMO If you want to plan a chat event that would be fun. I'll partake if im available.

Stephanie I think its wonderful that you are exercising everyday! WTG it makes me want to dust the old treadmill off! Maybe I'd be more positive like you if I started exercising. I know in the past when I stick to an exercise program every pound counts way more in that you look better faster due to the toning effect. *sigh* Yup I think its time to start doing it. Thank you for the constant motivation!!

Indian Light, You'll get in the groove and get it figured out. Buy a water bottle and keep it full of something tasty all day like crystal light iced tea. Thats my secret weapon to remember to drink.. make it taste good and poof! I remember to do it lol. Good luck to you.

Hey Guys!

I had my first fill today. I must be a big baby because the needle really hurt. But I think it was also because it is my TOM so every little thing hurts. I almost threw up after but I think I got up too quick from the table. My Dr. has me on a 10 day version of my 1 month diet, with 2 days of clears, 1 day of cloudy, one day of mushy (hello mashed potatoes!) and 5-10 days of my normal modified diet.

I just ate a bowl of chicken Soup broth form Panera, it was so good, but I feel pretty restricted. He said I will be swollen for a while so expect this.

Also, Stesti said that it took her about 10-20 minutes after eating to feel full and I am the same way! I am excited to start seriously loosing though!!

Hey everyone, glad to hear we are all progressing nicely. I had a fill yesterday and it was not really that bad. My doctor did not want to do a fill, he said I was losing fine, but I told him I needed one because my hunger was really increasing. I took me a whole five minutes to convince him to do a fill. I received .5 cc in the band. Anyway, I was on Clear Liquids for 24 hours, and then to regular food. I don't feel any different as far as restriction is concerned. I was hungry all day, but managed to survive the 24 hours without incident. Will restriction come eventually? I have read here that it can take a couple of days for the fill to set in.

i feel like i am so far behind everyone else! i get on mushies TOMORROW!!!! :D my doc said i don't get a fill until my next appt with him on 9/27, which is 9 weeks after sx. is that normal?!? i just want to eat 1 slice of pizza...(right now i am sobbing uncontrollably) i get full after about 1/2 yogurt. does it stretch or what? just ranting and wondering. thanks all for listening

dez