Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I am mainly a stay at home mom, but I am also a licensed physical therapist assistant and will begin doing visits in patients' homes in Sept. I wanted to make sure I was totally healed and adjusted to my bandster way of eating, etc.

Bingo Died.. LOL just kidding... Ok so I have had such a busy two days.. sorry you guys do you forgive me? Hope so...

Fill

Appointments

Full

Sweet spot

Ok and I am going out of town tomorrow so here are two more and then i will post again on sunday night...

Restriction

Pb

Ok so about me.... I went to chuckycheese today with my kids. School starts next week so I wanted a day to play... We had so much fun and they were so tired when we got home they just crashed.. I have lost another lb so I am up to 23lbs. I have noticed that I am able to eat more, but trying really hard not to.. I think I am needing a fill, but I am not sure, maybe yall could tell me,

My food today..

Bfst: Small cup of rasin brand Cereal.

Lnch: Small salad and one pc of pizza from CC's

Dinner: a toco salad in a mug.. (beans, meat, cheese, sour cream) and 6 chips.. I have just nocticed I am not feeling the tightness of being full. So is that a good thing? I am able to eat everything bread, rice, ect... But I am still losing??????/

when did you guys decided it was time for a fill?

If this works I will be amazed. The site has been down all day. I think we might have lost some of our posts but I am not sure. Since this is up and I am actually typing on it must means it is back up. Yeah!!! I missed talking to you guys. I hope everyone had a good day. I am off to bed now to read but I will connect with you all tomorrow hopeing this site stays up. COOL

I'm glad it's back up and running as well! At least we could still PM each other!! I was having LBT withdrawals!

I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I'll be on late tomorrow night or Monday morning ;)

:whoo: Yay LBT is working again. I think its my new substitute for chocolate, im definitely addicted lol. I'll be out of town until Monday also, hope everyone has a good couple of days! But more importantly I hope I lose another pound by the time I get back! Joking Ha ha.:ranger: Talk to you all soon, Kari.

JMO, I think you deserve a gold star for going to chuckecheese. Every time I go there I swear I'll never go back or if forced (by gunpoint or a screaming 3 yr old) I will partake of the adult beverage they offer.

You guys will get this-I had a baby shower this morning and I only ate about 1/3 of my entree and not only was I full but I didn't even want to eat anymore. I tell my husband this is he says-well good that's why you had the surgery right? Thanks honey-no really, thanks. I was so excited to not WANT to eat more I practically skipped out of the resturant!! I have given my husband a choice of the following answers when I report any kind of improvement:

1.That's great and my don't you look thinner.

2.I love you and have you lost more weight?

3.I am so proud of you, go shopping and I'll watch the kids-wait-I can't believe how much weight you've lost.

What do you guys think?

I am a makeup artist for Bobbi Brown at Neiman Marcus St Louis. I have been with NM and Bobbi for 11 years and am also the Business Manager. LOL I am growing old with Bobbi....thank goodness for eye cream!

Hey JMO,

I got mine at 4 1/2 weeks because my losing had slowed down some and I didn't want to take a chance and gain any of it back. I think I had lost about 25 at time of fill and I got a 1.5 fill 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling some restriction, although I didn't for 1 1/2 weeks but I still only lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks since fill. I am scheduled for 2nd fill on Tuesday which will be 6 weeks postop. I wasn't sure and still am not positive if I'm going or not but if I do it will just be for about .3 or so, I don't want to press my luck. I can still eat everything but bread but I don't eat very much. I've had my first t.o.m. since surgery and let me tell you girls, it's been pure hell, worst cramps and heaviest I've ever had and the longest. That could be why I haven't lost much this week.

I could tell I needed one because I could hold more. My doctor, Dr. Sanchez said 5 weeks but the way they scheduled me it was a couple of days shy of that and Dr. Curry went on the side of caution since I'm a 10 hour round trip away for a unfill but said if it wasn't enough in 2 weeks I can have more. Hope he has better luck finding my port this time, don't want 3 pokes this time before going to fluro for 4th poke. LOL

Let me know when you go for a fill and how much since we had surgery pretty close to same time, would like to compare and see how are fills compare. Wish you luck and the fill isn't bad at all.

I'll be banded July 10 by Dr. Ortiz - who else is getting banded in July?

:dance:

I was banded on July 21st and have only lost 10 pounds, I am going for my first fill on 8/23/. I can eat anything and have no restriction, I am so ready for my fill.

I had my first fill last Thursday. That day I could really feel the band in there...he put 3cc's in and mine holds 4cc's max. When I woke up Friday morning I felt good and it wasn't such a present feeling, if that makes sense. I am definitely noticing the amount I can take in has decreased. I had the doc numb the port area before he gave me the injection, so I didn't feel a thing. I am a little bruised from him pushing around to find it and the injection, but other than that, it's great.

Had my TOM two weeks ago and it was fine - no bad cramps or anything. I only lost 1.8 that week compared to my usual 3-4, but at least I still lost. Sorry to hear people are having a hard time with their TOM.

I'm going out of town today and I have two of my Bullet glasses with milk in a cooler and my Slim Fast and Protein powders in little containers. I'll get ice at my destination and my friend is bringing the actual Bullet machine so that we can have shakes for our lunch. A little pre-planning is all it takes ;)

Have a great day everyone!

I am a little bruised as well in my port area but I didn't get numbed. I don't have any issue with needles.. but I must say, He stuck me 6 times!!!! But it really wasnt painful.

I have the larger VG band so I am probably going to need another fill. He already scheduled me for Sept 18th. He put 2cc in me but I am not sure how much mine totally holds. The first day I felt really restricted but not so much now. But then again, I have been on just liquids for 2 days per his request. I am on regular food today. I will let ya'll know.

My boyfriend finally comes home today. He was gone for a week.. guy's vacation in Maine. I wonder if I will look any smaller to him when he sees me? And trust me, he notices things like that. lol Wierd I know!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hugz,

DonnaMarie:)

bdclark:

I was banded July 17 and I am hungry a lot. I can consume quite a bit of food but I try to control it. Per my docs orders I'm supposed to eat no more than 30carbs/day and at least 70 Proteins. I have to admit, I'm no longer keeping under 30 carbs :) . It's hard at this moment but I"ve been encouraged by LBT buddies and doc/nutritionist, once I have the fill, things will be better. Last time I was weighed (at docs office) I had lost 8 lbs since surgery day. It fluctuates according to my scale but I've stopped weighing myself here at home and will go by docs scale. Hang in there, we're all most to the next step.

MDG

:myscared:Hi all...

I had a very strange thing happen to me last night & I wanted to put it out there for comment.

I was banded on July 27, 2006 & have been on the post-op diet as required by my surgeon---& doing very well on it, too. This week is the week for going back to a regular diet of solids so last night I decided to give it a try. I became VERY emotional about the whole thing & I can't really put my finger on why:noidea:. I don't know which I am:

a. Afraid of I'll eat everything I can lay my hands on;:hungry:

b. Afraid of regaining the weight I've lost to date;:funscale:

c. So thankful to finally be able to eat "real" food again:clap2:;

d. Afraid of not being able to stop eating;:)

e. I'm just food phobic;:D

f. Afraid I'll physically hurt myself by eating;

g. I'm just a nut case:crazy:.

My 1st fill is on Sept 9th.

:help:

Hey Guys!

I own a public relations firm with my friend. We mostly work with non-profits doing thier special events/major fundraisers. We also have some for profit, aka "paying" clients! ha!

For the newbies, Stesti and I were banded the same day by Dr. Wagner in STL and we try to go to all of our appointments together (but we have a rule, no numbers can be said outloud!)

I get my first fill Tuesday. I am down around 25lbs or so. We just moved so I have been away from LBT because I have been trying to be good and unload all the boxes.

I joined 24hour Fitness and begin my sessions this week. I love that they are open late.

Also, I made an awesome roast for my parents, sister and hubby today, It is from the Southern Living cookbook. I roasted carrots, onion, red potatoes and parsnips on a pan, they were so good! I do not like roast so they got to enjoy it.

I have alos found South Beach bars to be very filling and they have 19grams of protien!

Oh and my infection is cleared!! Yea!