Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Thanks Mary and Sherry for the compliments. Congrats Sherri on losing more poudage. You're doing great.

I havne't weighed myself for a few days because I've been eating so bad. I've been supa good with the exercise though and even tonight I did another 40 mins of extreme cardio. I can see major changes in my body so im happy with that.. but I have to get a fill to start losing poundage. Tonight on the treadmil It felt really really good, like hot and good. LOL I don't know how to explain it, but I want to keep doing it. I wonder if its the elusive runners high I've heard about?? Anyways I hope I experience it next time too. Hope you all who are having a hard time getting exercising can get inspired. Seriously im starting to really like the exercise a lot.

Kari,

I know what you mean. I miss my mega exercise. I could walk up to 6 miles easy.

I have to keep it to about 2 miles a day now. Sometimes more.

I switched my food addiction to exercise. I still move a lot doing activities cleaning , shopping (o dear) and I love organizing.

edie

A little algebra problem

((goal weight times mega exercising) divided by normal intake of calories) equals under goal weight

My hubby want some booty . He wants my jeans to tighten up a little.

My dr approved for me anywhere between 140 to 160 lbs. Hubby pushes (hopes) for 155.

I am the very least measurement for large bone frame. Heard that before lol.

edie

Ya husbands do like some booty lol. Its funny my assistant at work is just the nicest person, and the best help I've ever had and she has the opposite problem that I do. She STRUGGLES and I mean really has to try hard to keep weight on. She's 6 ft. and weighs only 135. I feel bad for her because ppl always assume she's anorexic or somthing. She's really pretty to boot. We always joke that if we could somehow blend our metabolisms we'd both be the perfect woman lol... at least body wise lol.

What I don't miss:

I love being able to sit anywhere and on pretty much anything.

I used to fear outdoor furniture.

I needed to sit the other day and even sat on a outside footstool. It felt so cool not having the fear I would break it.

edie

What I don't miss:

I love being able to sit anywhere and on pretty much anything.

I used to fear outdoor furniture.

I needed to sit the other day and even sat on a outside footstool. It felt so cool not having the fear I would break it.

I like this...I can relate to what you mentioned...

What I don't miss:

The sides of my thighs don't touch the edges of the chair when I sit at work.

I don't miss not being able to see my feet when I look down.

I don't miss my size 4X clothes...

I don't miss having to have the seat all the way back in my Blazer and having my stomach still touch the steering wheel and pushing the gas peddle with my toes.

I could go on and on...

Well, July Bandsters, my double total knee replacement surgery is two weeks from last night. I am sure I'll be pretty scared when I'm going in to the hospital, but if my knees feel like they did last night for the next two weeks, they have to go. I will not be allowed to take my Naproxen anti-inflammatory pain med after Tuesday, so it will get worse befor it gets better. They are doing both because I don't have a good one to rely on while the other one rehabs. I have 9 weeks off this summer to rehab. I will be having my surgery at St. Mary's in Duluth, MN and then come back here to Superior, WI to the St. Mary's branch and staying in their Swing Bed Rehab Unit for about 1.5 weeks. They are doing minimally invasive surgery meaning they spare the quad muscles and the recovery will be not as traumatic.

I hope the weight loss will kick in again, too. I haven't been able to exercise at all because of the pain, so when I'm exercising for rehab it should kick things into gear. I have been stuck at the same weight for over a month.

I'll have Internet access at rehab, so I can check in with you all.

I can't believe our 1 year bandiversary is only 1 month away!

Best wishes Stephanie,

I will be thinking about you and praying for a swift recovery!

I am getting another fill on Saturday. I have gained about 3 lbs EVEN with swimming every morning. I am also changing my workout routine. I added a class called PT Boot camp for the next month. I might move to more land workouts as summer comes and I'm not having to go to work so early in the morning. But for at least the next week or so, it well be 3 days of swimming and 2 days of land workouts. I am hoping I can jumpstart my body into losing again!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I am surviving my mom being gone. She comes home on Tuesday. Yeah. I have been stuck at home just ordering clothes on the net.I really need some new clothes. I think I got addicted and my hubby finally had to say stop. I think I got enough. I am also addicted to lemonade. I like it even better than diet Sprite. I do go and get a diet Sprite every now and then too. I am losing a little but I usually weigh on Wed. but I might weigh tomorrow and let you guys know. I don't know much else. I hope everyone is doing good.

Steph I know that you will do fine. You are in my prayers.

Lets all remember Sherri as she is on a trip with her hubby to hopefully work things out. Good luck Sherri.

I will be around later.

Hugs

Ohh Steph Im so excited for you to have your new knees, its going to be like a new lease on life for you.

Jane, I totally know what you are experiencing. I've been exercising my butt off .. or at least trying to but I had a complete unfil due to being swollen shut.. I get my fill back on June 6th, but I've gained 3 pounds! Uggghh lol. I admit tho its been fun gaining it lol. omg im a food addict, thank goodness for this band.. id be right back to my ATH if it weren't for it.

Today my goal is to not eat any carbs because believe me I ate plenty of them over the weekend! Gosh im glad for this July thread, we all have to go on one of those cruises together some day when we get to goal. :myscared: Hope everyone has a great day!

Stephanie: Hope all goes well with your knee surgeries. Just do what you are told with rehabilitation (P.T.) and you will be fine. That's my field you know!

Beth: Good to see you back. I also went crazy buying some stuff from CATO over here near Corinth. I love that store. Really cute, inexpensive clothes.

Jane: You are doing well. I do understand about the "plateu and gain a bit/lose a bit time". I think I've broken through that for now, but am meeting with a trainer TONIGHT to discuss her working with me. I did swim a bit in my pool this weekend, but need to get my fanny out there more and really work.

Kari: Okay, don't let that unfill give you too much of a license now, girlfriend. Really, after these weeks I've had with liquids, etc., and being too tight, I would have given anything to have all the liquid out and be able to EAT!!! But, I've eased back to food again, and seem to be doing okay. I guess with my restriction being so gradual over such a long length of time, I didn't "get" how little I would be eating. These past couple days, I've adapted. Now, I just need to make sure I get enough calories/protein. My body was in that "starve mode" I think.

The cruise idea would be great!! It may take me awhile to get to my goal....hoping by next summer to be there. But, I don't have to be right at goal to go on a cruise with ya'll. I know some other people on the boards had a cruise planned for June. We'll have to see how it went. Then, maybe we can start planning in 6 mos. If we plan early, we will get better rates and can pay a bit at a time. That's what I did with the girls' cruise I went on in November. What do ya'll think?

I went shopping at the Mall yesterday. I tried on lots and lots of shorts. I was looking for some with pocket flaps on the back. I need some extra fabric back there NOW. lol

It was fun having so much of a choice. Shopping used to be discouraging. Now I felt the like I had so much to chose from.

I didn't find anything but it was FUN.

EDIE

I think that if I went shopping at a store I would just have to buy something. Especially in a smaller size. I went to a few stores and bought a few things but I really raked in shopping on line. My hubby is still in shock and definitely put a stop to it for now. I think I have enough to last the summer. I don't work so it is kind of his money although he does let me get what I want most times. Sometimes what he doesn't know won't hurt him. lol