Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Yikes.. didnt lose a darn thing.. in fact, gained half a pound.. GRRRRRR.. but I am totally not restricted.. he put in 2 more ccs and now I am up to 5cc.. thank Goodness.. I have the larger band and the doc did say that it is going to take some time to find the sweet spot..

I think alot contributed to the "non" weight loss.. not making the best choices, not exercising like I should, and starting Birth Control. So I am not beating myself up too much but I have my game face on again. No playing around anymore!

Just thought I would check in..

Love,

Donnamarie:phanvan

Paua:

Hmmm, probably too soon to be making judgement calls on this fill but here goes. I'm restricted but only a little. I feel tight in the mornings but by afternoon I'm hungry and by dinner time I'm really hungry. I have not felt any restriction in the evenings so pretty much everything has gone down fine. I'm mostly a coffee drinker in the morning so I can't really test it effectively (a single scrambled egg goes down fine though). I'm trying to keep things under control but it's a willpower thing right now, not the band. I'm down a few pounds since my second fill but I'm going to give this 4 weeks before calling for my 3rd fill. Who knows, maybe things will tighten up in the next few days?

Cheers,

Marie

MARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you!

HEY, I have no restriction either, am going in for my second on Monday, Oct 23....looking forward to it.

Wow, the good doctor put you up to 2.6!!! That is increidble. Let me know how it feels in a couple of days....

Paula

Way to go Steph. I weighed today and down 2 more but boy it seems to be going slower since this last fill, oh well, maybe this week will be better. Good luck July'ers, loose, loose, loose. So close to the 50 pound mark, come on 50 pounds.

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I've been so busy, I had organised my parents 40th wedding anniversary surprise party for last saturday and it was at my house, so very stressfull!! but a fantastic party and I now have 2 very ahppy parents..

As for the weight! well, I haven't been weighed for a little while, should be going to the gym tomorrow so will get weighed then and report in..

The Good news is I've had SEVERAL NSVs!!!

1) Went to get haircut and there was lots more room in the chair than normal! my thighs weren't bulging out the side as they usually do..

2) Went to theatre and same thing there, I could fit easily in seat and had plenty legroom, which means my bottoms smaller!!

3) Went on my first clothes shopping trip and had difficulty finding clothes to fit!! nothing unusual there I can hear you all say...but this was good news as i'm down 2 sizes almost 3 and that was the problem...but a good one!!

4) I got all dressed up for the party and I actually felt good about myself..even slightly pretty!! and i never feel like that..and I was happy looking in a mirror checking out my reflection..lol

I think that's all of them for the moment, but you know all of a sudden I feel worthwhile! I know you all will understand that but I would find it hard to explain to my non lapband friends...

Well done everyone, keep up the good work and lets beat this thing together!!

Beth - sorry I think it was you who keeps having the pain in the chest(if not then I apologise) I also have this pain, it usually happens when I eat too fast, or the wrong kind of food and I find I have to stop eating because it's telling me I've had enough and haven't realised I'm full and I count that as a finished meal and don't go back to it, if I was to continue eating I would PB, so maybe you should try this and see if it helps stop it. recurring

Way to go Indian,

I think the NSV are what keep us going. I have noticed even though we're not suppose to I can drink with my meals. I can tell I have restriction but my surgeon says since I can drink with my meals I'm still not tight enough.

Keep up the great work,

Well, it was good to hear from everyone. Glad ya'll are getting the "adjustments" you need. I am typing this from the hospital near my home....no it's not me...it's my 13 yr. old son. We thought maybe he had appendicitis and took him to emergency last night. Well, it rained here all day and guess what, the emergency room had about 50 people ahead of us...UGH!! To make a long story short, they did an ultrasound, and admitted him for enlarged lymph nodes. The appendix looked ok. Well, we didn't get into a room into 5:00 am!! So, I'm lacking some sleep. The doc has put him on IV antibiotics and we will stay tonight. She didn't come back in so I'm not sure what's going on. His bloodwork was fine. So, guess his body is trying to fight off something. Thought I would let everyone what's up. This is the first time any of my kids have been hospitalized. He's doing okay with the pain still being there in the right side of his lower abdomen. Hopefully, the meds will work.

Better go and get back to his room in case the nurse comes in or doc ends up coming in.

Oh my gosh Mary! Keep us posted. I'll have your son and family in my thoughts and prayers. ((big hugs)),.

Indianlight, I just have to say, your post puts joy in my day! Awwww, im soooo happy for you! Great going. :rolleyes:

DonnaMarie, Im ready to get down to business too! We can do this! :thumb:

you are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

It happened again tonight. I ate three bites and it came right back up. I am now beginning to think that I had some Water before I ate and didn't wait long enough. Although this time I hurt longer than the first time. Then when I tried to eat later I could only eat a little before I got that feeling and I stopped eating. I really don't know what is going on but I hope tomorrow I can eat again. I have never gone to bed hungry but I might have to tonight. I think that I am hungry because I haven't had much to eat but my stomach doesn't feel like having any food in it. So I am off to bed with hopes of having a better day tomorrow. Night ALL Hugs

Mary,

So sorry to hear about your son. Hope he gets well very soon. I know how hard it is to have a child in the hospital. Maybe he'll be back up to par in notime. Keep us posted on how he is doing and take care of yourself.

Mary, sorry to hear about your son!

Congrats to everyone on the NSV's.

Beth - maybe you should call the doctor - maybe you're too restricted...

Sherri - hope all is well...

Everyone else - have a great day! I have to get to work!!

Thanks everyone for your concern about my son. Hoping the doc will come in this am and let us know what's up. He's in good spirits.

Beth: YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR DOCTOR NOW! Don't wait! I'm writing this from all the posts I read on dfwbandsters, etc. You are too restricted. It sounds like you need a slight unfill. This has been going on now for a week or so hasn't it? Let us know when you get in to see the doc. It's not healthy for your band or your body to have this happening. You should be able to eat.

Okay, I'll check in with ya'll later. Hve a great day!

Hi Mary, Step, and everyone,

As you might remember I got my 3rd fil a couple of weeks ago. Although I do have restriction and have pb,d 2 times, my weight loss has come to a hault. I can also, even though I know not to, can drink with my meals, I eat 1/2 cup of rice for supper, I ate toast with Peanut Butter for Breakfast as I'm having trouble with my Protein, I feel like I need another little shot of fill, what is your guys thinking on this.

I would love some insight, I will not ever ask for advice for personal things again but I would like advice of this if someone has some I would appreciate it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day,

P.S. My son has got they're wedding planned for July 7, 2007, I'm so thrilled for him that they are waiting.

Sherri don't ever feel like you can't share your personal life with us. All of us care about you and want to help you. You are precious to us and if we can we want to be there for you. Please keep us informed on how things are going on with you.

Well guys the only time I have had the problem (throwing up) has been in the evenings. I seem to do fine for breakfast and lunch. I am trying to watch my Water better today and see if that is what it was. I hope so. I really don't want to get an unfill because I begged the doc to give me this fill and I don't want to hear "I told you so". I will let you guys know how it goes the rest of the day with the water and waiting 30 minutes before eating. I know I haven't been drinking enough water so I am working on that too. I hope you guys had a great day and I will be back later on. Hugs

Sherri Jo: I think that you need to stop drinking with meals. The reason that we aren't supposed to drink with meals, is that this washes what we eat out of our "pouch" and into the rest of our stomach. Therefore, it can cause us to overeat or eat more often because we are hungry. I could drink with my meals, too, but I don't for this reason. Rice and toast are filled with carbs. I'm not sure why you can't eat Protein, but the bandster way of eating is lean protein first, green veggie and then add in some type of fruit, starch, etc. if you are still needing it. Now, I recognize that we don't always eat the bandster way, but I would begin with this before going for another fill. My typical day begins with a Protein Shake (my own making as I can't stand the canned ones). lunch is usually some type of tuna, chicken, shrimp, etc. salad or some other type of meat, then some veggies or a fruit and 5 wheat crackers with it. dinner is protein, green veggie and then a taste of rice or potato or something...not much though. This is just an example. I have had lasagna and other stuff, too, but I make sure I don't eat much of the noodles, and more of the filling. It's good that you are upping your Water intake. Try and get 64 oz. in at least. I drink my first 8-16 before I even have my morning shake. I always drink at least 8 oz before my meal and was instructed that I can drink right up to my meal (don't need to wait). This is working for me. I do wait 90 minutes after my meal before drinking again.

Beth: If you do fine today then don't get a fill. Just make sure you are eating small bites and not too fast. I'm surprised you are having the difficulty in the evening. Most people have problems in the am and are more restricted then. The only other thing I can think of is that your pouch is already full and you are trying to put more in or for some reason your band is more sensitive in the evening due to stress or something. If you have problems tonight, again, DON'T WAIT. Yes, your doc may say "I told you so", but big deal, if he's right. You have to protect your band and your tummy!!

My son is home now from the hospital. Doctors not sure what was going on. He is taking oral antibiotics and I will speak with his regular doc today to update. If he has any continued problems, then I will take him in again.