Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I did a mile plus walk today (about 40 minutes total). yea.

Leona, you look great!!!!! Sorry to hear it might be GYN problems....yuk!!!

Everyone have a great week!!

Ruthie

Yay Leona!

Looking good chicka!

I had another fill on Sept 18th.. up to 3cc now.. but I have the bigger VG band. I lost 6 more lbs. so have lost a total of 40 since my highest weight this year. YAY ME!

As far as exercise, I am volunteering at a local stable..manual labor..it is a riding program for handicapped children and adults. It is a great cause and a free work out! I volunteer 3 times a week.. works out great.. if you are short on cash to join a gym etc, try volunteering somewhere.. seriously.. try to find something that will make you active.. you can go to volunteermatch *dot* org and they will help you find something in your area.. that is where I found my place.

Hope everyone is well!

DonnaMarie :)

Leona: WOW!! Keep it up!! You can really see it around your middle!! I also hope that your gyn problems aren't anything that causes too much a hassle for you. Please keep us updated.

Kari: Seems like I just miss you every night!! So glad you are feeling better! I'm struggling with needing this fill and with the desire or should I say lack of desire to exercise. UGH!! Let us know all about your fill when you get it. I think we are the two last people on here to get fills...lol...I will be the final one...anyone else not have one yet??

thanks everyone for your awesome words of encouragement! I am so glad my middle is going away! did I say that I just purchased my first 14/16 shirt this weekend? I started at a 22/24! I think it was just the make of the shirt...but it made me feel good!

Kari... glad you are feeling better too!

Hello everyone!

Leona - you are looking awesome! Great job! I pray everything is okay with the GYN.

Glad to hear our "sickos" are doing better!

I went to my first support group meeting tonight with my surgeon's group of patients. I meant to go last month, and I totally forgot about it until 9:00 pm, so I was very excited to make it tonight. Throughout most of the meeting, I was completely not relating because most of the people are by-pass patients. They all talked about feeling so full and not wanting to eat and then my surgeon said (and then confirmed with everyone else) that most don't even have an appetite for 6 - 9 months. I began to think something surely must be wrong with me because I have never lost my appetite and I have yet to feel "full". There were 3 other lap banders there so I talked to them afterwards and they were all thinking the same thing as me, so it was really good to talk with them. Both have had a 2nd fill and are finally feeling more "fullness" and less appetite, and my doctor walked by as we were talking "the same language" and really affirmed us at how well we are doing. I told him that I'm scheduled to see him on Wednesday and am wondering if I'm needing a 2nd fill and he thought so. I asked him if he thought I would be okay because of my torn muscle (yes, it still hurts terribly, but the "support" I am wearing helps tremendously!) and how hard it was to do my last fill, and he said it would be fine. So, it looks like I'm getting my 2nd fill in 2 days!

I definitely got my exercise today! I walked 2 stores for about 2 1/2 hours - right after I got cortisone shots in my heel this morning. Then, I was on my feet for several more hours after, so I am SO sore tonight!

Keep up the great work everyone! Have a great night!

Desiree

I finished my puzzle tonight. Yeah!! I am up late again. I can't seem to find the right thing to help me sleep. I am going to take some Tylenol in a minute and try to get some sleep. Oh I did get the kitchen cleaned up too. I am getting things done tonight. Go me!! Well I hope you guys have a great Tuesday and I will talk to ya'll later. I am off to bed. Nighty night all. Hugs

Leona! Looking Awesome Chica!! So proud of you!

Just checking in to say hello before I head to work - then I have a 3:45 appt. with my nutritionist. After that I'm taking my son and his friend to dinner at Applebee's. I am hoping my friend can give me a perm tonight, but if not tonight then Thursday.

My exercise lately has consisted of walking around the school I work at...I need to get on my bike this week and for sure this weekend.

Have a great day!

Thanks Leona! I really do feel better :)! I can really see the before and after differance on your pictures! My middle is my trouble area too, it really is just so nice when it melts away.. and so much easier to buy clothes!! Congrats on the 14/16 shirt! A great NSV!

Mary, Im sorry I always seem to miss you online! I've hired someone to come do a lot of my bookwork in my office most days so Im not on the computer as much as I was. Im finally getting time to do some other much needed and negected things. Its going to to be nuts timewise for me until the beginning of December. We have 5 construction projects going ... cccrazy. I will definitely let you know how the fill goes, and yes I need it BAD lol, last night I ate a peice of .. ugh dare I say this.. thick crust pizza with pepparoni and I didn't have a bit of a problem.

I need to go shopping today for new tennis shoes, my feet seemed to have grown during my last pregnancy. I thought it was the extra weight but no, my feet are actually longer?? Before my first daughter I wore a size 7 shoe, then after I wore a 7 1/2-8, and now I think I need an 8 1/2. I was talking to my aunt on my fathers side and she said her feet have never stopped growing (she's thin btw) she said about every 7-8 years she goes up 1/2 a size. lol is my family weird or have any of you experience this? Im guessing the former lol. Well good luck exercising everybody! I hope everyone posts some kind of activitie today!! (big hugs)

DRINKING: So, who knows what the story with alcohol is? Is it allowed? Will it affect us differently with the band?

I'd rather find out by other's trial and error - not mine.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Cinci. Just got my 3rd fill. He put in .4 this time which puts me at 2.65 in a 4cc's band. I had lost 12 pounds in a month. I'm so thrilled. You'll never believe what happened to me. Dr. Curry gave me my fill and I had parked in the parking garage for the first time. I usually park on the highway. I go in and I"m confused from the getgo. The parking garage is several stories high. I hadn't felt good anyway. I came up last night to rest after the drive and stayed in the hotel and at 5:30am this morning my gall bladder woke me up and I thought I would die. So that had been going on all morning. I go in, get my fill, and he says he will take my gb out for me and I go back to the garage where I THOUGHT I parked. There in the exact same end spot is empty, no car. I start panicking. I've never had a panic attack but today I think I had one. Then I notice it says doctors parking only. So now I'm thinking, I'm 5 hours from home, my new car (and my husband before I came up here had my windows tinted, illegally dark, 5%, and had chrome rims and low pro tires put on it, it's a 05 Grand Prix) so here I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, where's my car, where's my car. I walk over to the elevator not knowing where in the hell to go and there's a button you can push to talk to the attendant. I tell him my car is gone and by then I was yes, in tears. He says, stay put, I'll be right there. 10 mins. later he arrives in a little golf cart, me crying, he says what happened. I tell him I parked in a Doctors parking by accident and they've towed away my car. I was only in there for maybe 20 mins. He said Maam', we haven't towed any cars so then I scream, Oh my God, someone has stolen it. He finally gets me calmed down and tells me to get in his golf cart and he takes me up to the next level, and low and behold in the exact same end spot is my car. You talk about feeling like a complete and utter idiot. Poor guy, he laughed his ass off. Moral to the story, don't go to your fills by yourself. geeeeshhhhhh.

Hi all,

Leona - way to go looking good!!!

Mary - when's your first fill? Mines this thursday, I thought I was last to get a fill - maybe not? I'm in the uk so they don't do fills as quickly as they do in america.

I'm desperatley in need of my fill now, I can eat anything and everything and AM!!!! can't stop eating!! it's not a huge quantity of food but it's all the wrong stuff...Junk food!! i'm hoping my fill will stop this and put me back on track..can't even get myself to the gym that i've paid a lot of money for!! Never mind...positive thoughts, positive thoughts!! I WILL GO TO THE GYM TOMORROW!!

I'l report in to let you all know and feel free to tell me how bad i've been if I haven't gone!!!

Indianlight - you have lost quite a bit of weight for not having a fill yet. You will be surprised after your fill how much more weight you will lose. You are doing great. I sometimes don't eat the right kind of foods either. I bet most of us don't.

Well everyone my poor hubby is having a really hard time with his tooth. He stayed home from work today and slept most of the day. I wish I could do something for him but I have no clue. He did watch a little TV tonight but he is back asleep now. I guess if he is sleeping then he is not hurting so I will leave him alone. I didn't go anywhere today but I have planned an outing tomorrow with my mother. We are going shopping. Not for clothes yet though. We are going to the bookstore and to Linens & Things. I hope to go back to the gym on Thursday with my mom and do some exercise.

I am going to try and post some pictures on here. It might not work. If I do it will be my hubby and daughter and my hubby and me on our 25th Wedding Anniversary. If it dosen't work I will have to try later.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/baylor_mom/detail?.dir=edca&.dnm=c091.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/baylor_mom/detail?.dir=edca&.dnm=6a73.jpg&.src=ph

hi all! its been a while but it sounds like a lot of people are doin great! congrats on the 14/16 shirt, excellent!

the car story was great.

well, my first fill is tomorrow and i am excited and nervous. i am eating more and more but im curious to see if i've lost wt being on mushies. tomorrow will tell. it's been hard to keep up with the gym, 3x's in last wk, with school starting. it seems like i'm always tired. part of the prob is that my dh works midnite to 8 and is up and getting ready when i am trying to sleep. so i don't end up getting to sleep til around 12:30 or so and up at 6:30 i need more beauty sleep! lol!

someone posted about alcohol! so far so good, teachers are the biggest drinkers ive ever met and i am one of the ringleaders!!! i have been sticking to lite lemonade or juice and vodka. remember no pop or beer. that's one of my questions for the dr. tomorrow i REALLY miss beer! i also need to ask when we can try ivf again. anyway, sorry to ramble. i'll try to be better.

dez

in vitro fertilization - my dh has a VERY low sperm count and our fertility dr says its the only way we will ever get preg. i guess after 9 years with no birth control he's right. lol! so anyway, i have never been able to get my bmi under 41 so we can do the procedure. i've gotten as close as 7 lbs away but the last few just stuck like superglue! as soon as i am healed and my wt drops down i want to try cuz i am gettin old! my eggs are drying up as i type. besides, i have NO desire to get in the guiness book of worlds records for oldest mom or wrestle my kids for their baby food cuz i lost my dentures! lol!