Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I'm glad to see everyone is okay. There sure was alot of us in July.

As you all know i was banded on the 5th and everytime i move a certain way i get a sharp pain around my port. Is everyone else who had surgery around my time still having occassional port pain?

Just curious. it doesn't last but a second but it is a real sharp pain.

Hello and welcome to all the new bandsters! Best of luck to you, there are so many things you can learn on this site and many kind people to chat with.

For those of you losing, congrats to you!! It's amazing how time flies. I'm so excited for me and everyone else.

LMO- Your time is here!!! Yeahhhhh i'm so excited for you. I'll be sending prayers your way. You will have a uneventful surgery and breeze through recovery. I can't wait to see you in bandland! Please bring a laptop or trying get online some how to let us know how your doing. I'm nervous for you that you are going alone. Take it easy... I luv ya !

So glad your doing good KMO. I said many prayers for you and have started my prayers for you LMO. You'll do great. KMO it's so glad to see you back on here and home again. I hope your other issues are all okay now.

My losing has slowed down to just a couple of pounds a week but thank God it hasn't stopped yet. I moved my fill up one week to have it a couple of days before my 5 th week. They have an opening at 4 weeks but I was afraid that is too soon.

If you need anything or have any questions please let me know. I'll have lots of time on here since my son was just in a 4wheeler crash yesterday and I'll be here trying to mend him back up. So just give me a yell.

Your banded friend,

Sherri

Sherri, I hope your DS is okay - I'm sure his accident was a very scary thing for your family.

Glad to hear you're doing well, too!

I went to an outdoor concert at our local fair (The Little River Band!!!!!) and sitting for three hours with no back support I would slouch and sit up and then slouch and sit up...so when I was sleeping last night, boy was my port area sore. I can usually roll over onto my port side in the middle of the night, but that wasn't happening last night! I'm better today, but it caught me by surprise that it was irritated.

I had my surgery on the 12th and I am still experiencing alot of pain. My hubby thinks that I am eating too much. But I have a hard time believing that because I am eating so little. (I think) How much should I be eating? I am not losing much weight either. Maybe I am eating too much. I just eat until I am full and then wait 30 minutes to drink Water. Why do I still have pain? My big scar is not totally healed yet either. Dr. said to put neosporim (sp?) on and I have been doing that. It does look better. I also don't have very much energy either. What is wrong with me??????:help:

Beth

Hi everyone. I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Mexico. I'm a little (lot) nervous :bananapartyhat: Alma is supposed to be here in half an hour with some paperwork. Hmmm.

I went to the mall across the street from the hotel and do you know what they had???? My FAVORITE candy from childhood! I was a military brat and lived in germany and when we went to the actual german stores they had these little chocolate eggs called kinder eggs (kinder means child in german) with an orange and white foil wrapper and a toy in the middle. So you guys KNOW i had to have one, right? I haven't had one since I left germany (3rd grade), but I still think of them often... it was just as good as i remember them too. I know that I probably shouldn't be eating candy, but I just had to. I bought a box to bring home to my little sister. (no i'm not going to eat them too...)

KMO- how are things going? Are you out of the hospital yet? How's the pneumonia???? I'm worried about you!

Thanks for the prayers SherriJo, I need them :bananapartyhat: !

So does anyone else think that pesos are so cool? I mean they're two colored! I'm keeping some as souveniers.

I took my before pictures. They are SO GROSS! I'll be posting them later (Like next week, or maybe when I have some afters...)

Okay, I'm rambling (I'm nervous). I'm sure I'll be on here later tonight too! My time to see the doc is 7am- bright and early!

Liz! How exciting, you will do great! Be strong and try to get some sleep tonight.

Where in Mexico are you?

I love the forgein money, it is so much prettier than American $$

Liz! How exciting, you will do great! Be strong and try to get some sleep tonight.

Where in Mexico are you?

I love the forgein money, it is so much prettier than American $$

Hi BGP. I will. I had a mini emotional breakdown at dinner, just a couple of tears. Made an international call to my parents- they weren't home. :bananapartyhat: Oh well!

I'm in monterrey right now and will be until the 2nd when I fly back home to florida.

I was thinking about you as I wandered the mall today. Has anyone checked your uric acid? Is your big toe red and swollen? I'm wondering about gout.

LMO- YEAHHHHH you're finally there. Im so happy and excited for you! This is it girl, time for your life to change.. forever. You can do this. try to keep yourself busy, that will help you stop tearing up. It helped me.

I am finally home, i came home today. If i had to stay in that hospital bed one more night, i may have needed another back surgery.. ouch.. that bed just sucked. LOL

I wish someone was there with you.. i hate that you are going this alone! Keep us posted, i'll be looking for you online to see how it went, sometime tomorrow.

Lots of luck and love are being sent your way, via ... ME lol

Take Care, KMO

Lizzilo, are you alone or is there someone there to hold your hand?

wish I was there to hold your hand..........hmmmmmmmm Mexico.........

hugs....... you will do fine...........

Lizzilo, are you alone or is there someone there to hold your hand?

wish I was there to hold your hand..........hmmmmmmmm Mexico.........

hugs....... you will do fine...........

Paulax,

I'm here all by my self! I keep thinking "I'm such a strong person", but deep down i really wish someone were here :bananapartyhat: Too bad there really wasn't anyone to bring. Oh well :bananapartyhat: Earlier i was thinking, wow, I'm in a foreign country by myself, I should do something crazy, like get a piercing or a tattoo or something, and then i remembered- I'm having surgery! Crazy enough :bananapartyhat:

Paulax,

I'm here all by my self! I keep thinking "I'm such a strong person", but deep down i really wish someone were here :bananapartyhat: Too bad there really wasn't anyone to bring. Oh well :bananapartyhat:

Well my dear, you ARE such a strong person. I feel that this is a journey I am doing by myself. I haven't told anyone other than my dh and a coupld of friends, one of whom has had the very same surgery with the same surgeon.

I admire you and have a wonderful time convalescing in beautiful Mexico.

Ha, ixnae on the piercing and tat....you have gone one better, a band....:clap2:

So glad your doing good KMO. I said many prayers for you and have started my prayers for you LMO. You'll do great. KMO it's so glad to see you back on here and home again. I hope your other issues are all okay now.

Sherri, thank you so much. I'm glad to be home and it was nice to read all the well wishes from you all. I'm praying for you, your son and the rest of the family to get through this tough time that you are all going through. Keep us posted and let us know how your son is doing.

I was there with a girlfriend but we met a lot of nice people at the hotel who were banded the day before and also met people that were being banded the same day. If someone looks like they are there for the procedure, strike up a conversation (especially if you saw them in the doctor's office)

Good luck, you will be fine.

I forgot the only thing I hated about the hotel was the beds were hard as a rock!!!