Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Yeah July5forme!! Congrats!:clap2: I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling pretty good. I'm also happy to hear that your not hungry, I'm sure that will be the worse feeling in the world. keep us posted.

We're thinking of you Olive and Loriely, hope all went well. Let us know when you get in. :biggrin1:

:update: :whoo: :) :girl_hug:

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY, I AM 100% APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!!! I DIDN'T BELIEVE THEM, SO I HAD THE REP. FAX ME THE APPROVAL LETTER (STILL WAITING FOR IT). YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hello everyone,

I'm home and doing surprisingly well. I went in at 11:45 and was in my room by 3pm. I already knew I was staying over night and I was released this morning at 9:45 am and home by 10:15. I stayed in the PACU, which was a 24 hour care unit with only 7 beds in it. The lady across from me had the Lap Band right before me. It was a long night...I thought I was sleeping well, but woke up and looked at the clock quite often. Morphine and Loritab are wonderful drugs :) I had wonderful night nurses, too.

The pharmacy gave DH only one of my two prescriptions, and it wasn't the loritabs, so he is right now picking up that prescription so I can have some pain medication. They waived the co-pay for the inconvenience, so that was nice. I don't have much pain, though, surprisingly.

I even told the lady across the hall from me about this wonderful site...thanks for everyone's support. LBT is a great place :girl_hug:

stephanie,

its great to hear that you are doing okay.

Isn't it just one big sigh of relief once you wake up. You feel like okay now here we go. Now its time to go to work.

I have pain meds and i've been taking them every 4hrs. I debating wether or not i'm going to start cutting down on them.

My doctor put in this lovely thing they call a "numb ball". Anyone else hear of this. Its a ball full of local anesthetic and it has a cathater that they insert into the port incision and they take it all up. It just numbs that area for about 4 days while i heal. So my port isn't very uncomfortable at all.

I have a tough time getting off the couch or getting out of bed but the hubby helps alot.

Going to the bathroom is interesting. It wasn't anything i was worried about but it isn't very easy for me right now.

I've only had Water and 1 popsicle so far since surgery. I don't feel the urge to eat.

So everything is going alot better than i thought it would.

I'm hear if any of the soon to be banded have any questions. Private message me if you would like.

July 03 - giggle3474

July 03 - dsh0917

July 03 - pugchick

July 05 - canada sunshine

July 05 - eric's mom

July 05 - leona06

July 05 - july5forme

July 05 - Donna Marie

Eric's Mom and July 5.. Congrats, thanks for the update and I'm very happy to hear the you both are doing good. You make it seem like it was a piece of cake, which makes me feel better already!! Hope all continues to go well, keep us posted. Here's to you both melting those pounds away. :confused:

Has anyone heard from Giggle3474, dsh0917, pugchick,Canada Sunshine or Donna Marie? I saw that Leona's Mom had posted that she was doing great!! I hope all the others are too.

:clap2: Congratulations to all of you who’ve just been banded. I read your post w/intensity. I want to hear how you’re doing after surgery so I kind of know what to look for or know what I’m going to face.

I’m a mother of four (9,8 & twins at 4) and my DH is going to take 4 days off to help me but I’m nervous that the pain might last longer then that.

<O:p</O:p

And what to do w/the kids for the next few weeks while I recover. I called in the calvary of friends but still…what to do w/them once they come home???

Please keep posting and let me learn!?

Mine is just around the corner and I’m NERVOUS! What about? I was told that they will also be taking out by gallbladder while there. If they are able to get a clean recovery then they will do my banding but if not, the banding will have to wait.

I’m doing ok on my liquid diet—cheated 3 times now, but not w/much. But I don’t want to have to do this again. It was hell those first 2 days.

Congrats and thanks again for posting.

aaah. Just woke up. I think i feel alot better. I can tell that some of he swelling has gone down. There really wasn't much pain when being helped out of bed.

I'm still having ALOT of girgling and rumbling in my tummy. I don't think its hunger. I'm still just drinking and having an occasional popsicle.

ubermom,

I have a 5 year old. I think preparing him was the best thing i could do. I would just let him know that i was going to have my stomach fixed. He was excited about taking care of me. The best thing i could suggest is to put alot of the stuff you might need in easy reach so the younger ones can help out. I would hope the older children will be alot of help for you. You shouldn't worry though. the pain is going away fast and i think its just an uncomfortable feeling than an actual pain. I can walk about pretty good and do things for me son that he can't do for himself.

Great to hear that everything went well for your July5forme and also ericsmom. Both of seem to be doing fine with pain, which is what I'm worried about the most.

Hi ubermom1, I just realized we have the same band date. I also have some little ones at home. A 5 and 11 yr old. My DH will take some time off to be with me and I'm hoping my older daughter will help out with her little sister.

I am home from the hospital and doing well! I had a bit of difficulty with the pain meds. I don't do well on narcotics so I stopped taking them that night! I am only on liquid tylenol.. there is a really good one that is rapid release and it tastes like cherry.. not bad at all. Right now I feel like I have a really bad pulled muscle in my tummy. I am mobile.. able to shower, etc. I just made some Jello *grin*.. One thing I have alot of is gas! Boy am I glad I live alone. Sorry if TMI.. lol

How are the other banders from July 5th?

Hugz,

DonnaMarie :confused:

July5thforme.

I've been really good about telling my kids all about it and showing them TV shows and clips when they come on (well the older ones that is). But each time we go out to eat (which is alot) They all watch what I'm doing now on my liquid diet and they all have alot of questions.

I never thought about putting things lower for them to reach--good one.

I'm so nervous that I'm not sleeping. Last night I went to bed but, watchted TV till 1:00 and couldn't sleep so I got up and was on the computer till 4:45am. It's 10:40 I'm just getting up. I feel tired but can't sleep.

I'm glad to hear that moving around is better. It sounds like the pain isn't worse then a c-seccion recovery (I hope) and for me it was easy recovery.

Malluvia

I'm hoping that my older ones will also help out (as they usally do) but it's the fighting and bickering I'm worred about. They are at that stage and it gets to me. I'm in San Deigo,CA and our weather is awesome. I hope this will give the kids the opportunity to play outside A LOT!

The one thing that I hate and that is WAITING--for anything and this is just about killing me.

Thank you both for posting--please keep doing so :confused: and keep up the good recovery!

OO me too me too!!

I too was banded on the fifth!! I am feeling sore and tired, but otherwise great!

I cannot wait to be fully healed so I can begin excersizing and start on my journey to lose this excess weight! I am so excited I cannot even begin to describe it!

I wish all of you that have been banded already a great recovery and those that are going to be a banded an uneventful surgery without complications!

July 08 - time 2 live

July 08 - almost ready76

July 10 - fishy

July 10 - mysherrijo

July 10 - funnyduddies

July 10 - rubyband

I know some of you will be banded in the States and some will leave for Mexico, so no matter where you'll be, I just wanted to wish you all a carefree surgery and a speedy recovery. Lost of prayers are being sent your way!!!! Best of luck, let us know when you get back and how you're feeling!!! YEAHHHHH for you all

:confused:

only 6 & 1/2 more days but i think i'm going to have to back out i don't think i can do this

You can do this! You will be fine! I am 3 days out and doing very well.. trust me when I tell you that you can do it!

You have all of us here for support.. Hang in there!

Hugz,

DonnaMarie

I don't know how I missed this thread. I was wondering why there was no july bansters yet? (I started another one opps lol ) I have been a little out of the loop because I had Gall bladder surgery on the 30th..But anyways congrats to all that are banded, keep us posted and let us know what we are in for... I am so excited that my day is soon to be here. I'v got 19 days to go... hehe...

Time to love PLEEESSSSWEEEE add my name to the list (I kindof feel left out) lol

Hippmom

You can do this you are doing what is best for you. This is a very scary road but in the end it will be a very rewarding one. I just had a lap surgery on the 30th and two days later I made a 6 hr rd trip (3 hrs one way) to see family for the fourth. I quit taking pain meds on day two of my surgery. I was not in PAIN it was more like I had done a killer workout and I was sore. You can do this.. Don't back out now we are here with you all facing the same fears... (((((hugs))))) it will be OK