Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I am being banded on the 14th of July!!

am sorta nervous, btu just spent the weekend with family and a family friend who has been overweight most of her life, she encouraged me by telling me how nice it will be to grow old and enjoy life and not have to have all of the health problem she experiences. I just keep her thoughts in mind when I get nervous.

Well we are actually leaving to the hotel near the airport. Our flight is in the early AM.

Today is day two of liquids. Ewww. And no one mentioned the possible disruption of (whisper and excuse me but ya'll should be warned) BMs. So, I was quite shocked and sick most of last night.:sick I guess this is common, but I never noticed all the mentions of "liquid in, liquid out." Sorry to be gross...but honestly, thank goodness I was home. If some of you are starting during the workweek, I would advise against that. Maybe try a day of liquids on the weekend and see how things go:)

But anyway, I am fine today. But apparently some people are more sensitive to Protein Shakes with whey Protein concentrate rather than the ones with whey protein isolate (we had to find these at GNC).

But as usual, I digress. I hope you July 5ers do well tomorrow.

Let us know how things go!

Olive

Good Luck July 5th banders! I am a little nervous but excited too.. I didnt do all that well on the pre diet.. was hard but I did my best. I am ready for the life change.. Love and Blessings to all!

DonnaMarie:party:

This is my first post. I am going to be banded on July 10. I am nervous and excited. Wish me luck!

Ruby, welcome to LBT. You find so much info. on these boards. There are so many kind people to chat with! Your surgery is coming quickly!!! Try to relax a little, I'm sure it's hard.. I'll be having the same anxiety in a few weeks!! Once again, welcom to the LBT and the July band crew!

First I want to wish all the July 5 people good luck and speedy recovery. Hope to hear from everyone soon. We'll all be waiting hear about your experiences. I have a week until my surgery, it's getting awfully close and I'm trying to keep myself preoccupied in order to keep from making myself a nervous wreck.

I just wanted to say congrats to everyone for july 5th... because its a great day to change your life!!! Hope the change is successful and a great one!

Hi, I will be banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 13. I'm excited, scared, happy and apprehensive all at once. I may see you there!! Good luck! By the way this is my first post, though I've been reading the forum for some time while I made up my mind about the band.

Welcome GrannyAces, I added you to our long list of surgeries!! Nice to meet you and keep in touch with the thread.. we love to support each other and everyone is so nice!

YEAHHHH IT'S YOUR TURN

July 05 - canada sunshine

July 05 - eric's mom

July 05 - leona06

July 05 - july5forme

July 05 - Donna Marie

One more time, have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. Many prayers are sent your way. :pray: :angel: Try not to be nervous... we'll all be waiting to hear from you.

ALSO CAN YOU ALL BELIEVE HOW LONG OUR LIST IS?? WE NEED TO HAVE ONE MORE PERSON ON THE 20TH AND THE 28TH SO THAT EVERYONE WILL HAVE A SURGERY BUDDY! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! WE HAVE EXACTLY 40 PEOPLE BEING BANDED IN JULY, THUS FAR.

It was kind of my fiance's idea. He started the diet with me and wanted to lose 25 pounds (we are bad influences on each other. He gain about 30 pounds since we met four years ago, I gained about 70:cry )and said when he got half way he was going to have a treat...so here he is. It is a little annoying actually. Guys just lose so much easier. I mean he does do a lot of sports and exercises more than me, but still. He actually weighs 10 pounds less than me! I have never mentioned that to him. And I sort of underreport my weight gain (not that he can't tell, but...) Its embarassing especially since he is almost a foot taller than me.Olive

Olive, Funny you mentioned the weight gain in the four years of being together. My husband and I did that. I gained 50 pounds in 2 years and he gained 45. I guess we were just comfortable... enabeling each other. :embarassed: He ate ice cream, So i ate it.. even though I wasn't hungry. I ate pizza, he ate it.. even though he wasn't hungry. The one thing I did do.. was try to exercise or take a walk. He never wanted to do this.. and this is part of the problem for me. I love to exercise.. but not alone. I've always wanted a buddy with me and every time I did.. I lost loads of weight and kept it off for a longer period of time. Also, I always lied about my weight to my husband until I had a melt down about a month ago. He was saying that my BMI seemed too low to have the band and maybe it might be dangerous for me to go ahead with the surgery.. LOL He thought my weight to be around 185.. I about kissed him and told him he was the best thing in the world! BUT.. I said... you are way off... and after him guessing 5 times.. I told him.. I thought he'd laugh or have a odd look on his face of disgust. BUT he just hugged me and said.. you look beautiful not matter how high your weight is. Yada Yada Yada... (LOL) I felt ashamed that I only weighed 18 pounds less than him. He, too, got into shape, has lost about 20 pounds and it melted off of him almost overnight. I was so jealous. I almost never get jealous! I'm alway happy and excited for people who are doing something good for their health and body or that they are motivated to lose weight, quit smoking.. or what ever the vice is. Any how.. I just wanted to say.. I hear you.. LOL it's hard at times.

Hi everybody!

Thank you so much for the well wishes sent to me and my fellow July 5th Banders!...

It's 1:30 AM and my surgery is at 9:20 AM today...I don't feel panicked, but I can't sleep! Excited maybe? I can't wait to hear from my surgery buddies post op...

*sigh* wish I could sleep...

I am on the threshold of a whole new life, just can't wait to get it started!!!

Much love to all of you wonderful people!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the good wishes. My surgery is in 6 hours. :grouphug:

I'm getting real nervous. I don't want to back out because i know i need this and i know i want this for myself.

Good luck to my fellow bandsters getting banded today.

I hope all of you who had surgery on the 3rd are recovering well.

I should be back home tonight. So I'll be sure to post either tonight or tomorrow morning.

okay everyone i'm going to go back and take my son to daycare and head to the hospital.

July 05 - canada sunshine

July 05 - eric's mom

July 05 - leona06

July 05 - july5forme

July 05 - Donna Marie

You guys are going to do great!!! I prayed about you all last night and today. I can't wait to hear how all of your surgeries went!!

July 06 - olive

July 06 - loriely

Ok you two. Make sure you get a good night sleep tonight, drink lots and lots of Water today, and try not to get too excited about your new life. LOL Ok....get excited!!