Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Leona, I'm glad to hear your Mom is having no issues! That is very reassuring for me.

Time 2 live - I'd be getting anxiety too! You'll be okay... be excited, your life will change and it will be "TIME 2 LIVE"

July is so close!!! I am so excited I think I might puke! LOL

Dr. Sanchez doesn't have a preop diet, but I think Sherri and i decided to do one just to make things easier on Dr. Sanchez. :grouphug: Just to make sure everything goes well.

I am taking pictures today. I have done a few other pics. I will be adding them to my website that I am making for my weightloss.

Whats up girlfriend. Are you like me and enjoying those Protein shakes. ummm ummm good.

Well, according to my ticker we only have 11 more days until surgery. whooo hooooo.

I bet your forgetting things and mis-spelling words and typos are because you've been working so many hours and then the low calorie thing. I think you'll be all right when we arrive in Mexico.

I still need to buy a couple of things but other than that I guess I am done. I'm trying to get all of our crap in the 2 carryons so our luggage won't get lost, no luck with that so far.

Take it easy and I'll holler at you later this evening.

Sherri:heh:

Yes I am going to Monterry. I got nervous for a while reading various problems people have, but I am over that and ready. I know this is one of the safest surgeries and it is quick 40 min to 2 hours usually. Most people are up and going at least the next day and many the same day. It will help with BP, joint problems and not to mention the money I'll save at resturants.:clap2: I also believe it may very well extend my life and certainly improve the quality.

Good luck to the two others having theirs on the 3rd.

Denise S.

Dr. Sanchez

Dr. Sanchez doesn't have a preop diet, but I think Sherri and i decided to do one just to make things easier on Dr. Sanchez. :grouphug: Just to make sure everything goes well.

Probably an excellent idea! :clap2:

Is it really only 11 days? No wonder I can't get any work done around here.

Yes I am going to Monterry. I got nervous for a while reading various problems people have, but I am over that and ready.

I get scared sometimes reading these threads. I just recently realized that everyone is different and just because something happens to one person, doesn't mean it'll happen to me. Then I also think that their are some things that could be worse. I'd rather slime or PB with the band, instead of having a heart attack from being fat.

I'll be thinking of you and the others!!!

I'm so jealous of all of you "beginning of the month bandsters" I'm all the way towards the end. Just promise you all wont' toss me out to the August bandsters.... LOL

Fishy and Sherri...are you as nervous as me?? LOL I had my neighbor/trainer come over for coffee today (mind was decaf...yuck) and he is so proud of me and cannot wait till I am home. I had an incident today where my dog got out of the house and made a run for the 6 lane freeway 6 blocks from my house. And I ran after him. I ran the whole way! I can't believe it. I would have never had been able to do that before. And I never thought I could run that far. I am not making light of the situation, but I have told people that if I was there at 9/11 on the streets below the towers, I would have died, cause i would not have been able to make it enough blocks from the time the planes hit till the towers came down. (don't hate me for that analogy. But that is stuck in my head when I see the pictures of people running for their lives.) Now I know I can take care of myself,and more importantly be of help to my family in a crisis situation. you have no idea how that makes me feel. And my neighbor/trainer saw me running after the dog. He literally hugged me and cried when I got home. He was just amazed! And he knows what this means to me.

11 days!!! OMG!!! LOL We take the kids up to North Carolina tomorrow night, and return Saturday night. then we are childless till we get back from Mexico. What do we do with the time?? LOL

About 6 weeks ago I told my supervisor I was having this surgery, and she told me that she and her fiance had been thinking about doing this for a long time. I told her what I knew about Dr. Ortiz, and sent here the link to this site.

The next day, she says "Guess what?" :clap2:

Both she and her fiance had their surgeries yesterday with Dr. Ortiz, and are doing great! Very pleased with everything - the hotel, the facility, the staff, etc.

So I guess I'm not as nervous as I could be - nice to get the extra assurance from someone you know and see on a daily basis.

hey just got my date yesterday 7/14/06 !!!!:clap2:

already getting nervous :cry

started the pre diet today:hungry:

268 at cons.

dr heiker an kalien/texarkan tx

I would have been here sooner, but I could not find you guys. Luckily Time to Love Me helped me out.

So, I am going to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey on July 6th.

Diet- I have been doing South Beach for the last 2 weeks and managed to lose 13 pounds. Its a little too late for most of us, but I really liked it and really did not feel deprived. I only have to do 2 days of liquid before the surgery, but I feel like maybe I should add another day just in case?

Steve- You plan on doing an Ironman? WOW. What a great goal. I ran cross-country in JH and HS, and always wanted to run a marathon. You have inspired me to train for one (well maybe a half one). :faint:

Anyone else out there for the 6th?

Olive

5'3'' Highest weight 233

Time to love me,

I'm even later than you. I was having the same thought about being kicked to the august group :) The people at the beginning of the month are going to be getting fills by the time I get banded! I'm here for ya!

Hello everyone.

My surgery date is

July 5 :clap2:

I can't explain how nervous I am. I can't wait. I've finally told everyone in my family. They are all supportive.

It's not the same kind of support that you can get from people going through the same thing.

I hope to get to know you all. I'll have a lot of time to post while off from work.

Time to love me,

I'm even later than you. I was having the same thought about being kicked to the august group :) The people at the beginning of the month are going to be getting fills by the time I get banded! I'm here for ya!

Right back at cha!!!