Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Remedies to Thwart Digestive Distress

This was posted in the USA Weekend and I found it interesting and thought some of you may as well.

Get rid of gas: Eat a teaspoon of olive oil on an empty stomach each morning to prevent gas.

Cuse constipation: To achieve regularity, consume 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar two times a day mixed into an 8-oz. glass of Water

Avoid Heartburn: Before meals, mix the juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt into an 8 oz. glass of Water and drink. After meals, try a teaspoon of honey to soothe your heartburn.

This is from the book: Clean Cures: The Humble Art of Zen-curing Yourself.

There was also an article right about it about butternut squash - it helps to fight cancer, reverse smoking damage and help maintain a healthy heart. One cup provides 3 gms of Fiber and 400 mg of potassium.

This was posted in the USA Weekend and I found it interesting and thought some of you may as well.

Get rid of gas: Eat a teaspoon of olive oil on an empty stomach each morning to prevent gas.

Cuse constipation: To achieve regularity, consume 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar two times a day mixed into an 8-oz. glass of Water

Avoid Heartburn: Before meals, mix the juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt into an 8 oz. glass of Water and drink. After meals, try a teaspoon of honey to soothe your heartburn.

This is from the book: Clean Cures: The Humble Art of Zen-curing Yourself.

There was also an article right about it about butternut squash - it helps to fight cancer, reverse smoking damage and help maintain a healthy heart. One cup provides 3 gms of fiber and 400 mg of potassium.

YEAH to the squash, now go bake a souffle! And sabe some for me. I make it at T but this year dont really think it is going to happen :confused1:

Joon - they have Christmas in July -- so why don't you have Thanksgiving in June (or is that Joon?) ... bet all the TG trimmings will be easier to find in June ... and you'll be on solids by then and able to enjoy tiny bits of all your favorites.

Hmmm ... don't recall seeing any turkey-shaped jell-o during my shopping excursions ... maybe they can make you turkey broth Soup instead.

hehehe. turkey jigglers.... Ok so here goes an unladylike question. Why cant I fart? they keep saying I need to fart but no farts are coming even though there is plenty of rumbly gas! I have been walking all around upstairs downstairs everywhere and not even a little poot. Also, um...where is the dinner I ate sunday night? it has not made any sort of appearance either yet. /getting a bit worried, anyone else experience this?

Joon - sorry I am not able to answer your question about not being able to fart -- I didn't have that trouble at all. I know they were constantly asking me if I was "passing gas" and the answer was always a "oh yeah!" ... ask one of the doctors about it.

As for your Sunday night dinner, I am sure it will make an appearance shortly -- mine showed up 2 days after I got home - be prepared and don't make the mistake of thinking it's a "fart" when it's actually something else -- also, don't be alarmed by the color - it's due to the blue dye and the bile in your system -- thus the term "peacock poop"

After any surgery one of the side effects is the bowel kind of shuts down temporarily. Before they will discharge a patient, surgeons usually want to know that it has "reawakened" and passing gas is the sign it is waking up. So the always ask about that.

I had a problem too like many others, with thinking it was a fart on the way out, but it ended up being purple peacock diarrhea. Thankfully this happened after I was at home, and not in the airport or on the airplane. That would have been very embarrassing not to mention messy. So a word to the wise...beware of "fake farts" after surgery! Be prepared!