Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird Observation - Diet Soda's

Since we are not supposed to drink carbonated drinks (which I don't) I figured I would let a couple of bottles of diet coke and diet 7 Up (20 oz bottles) sit in my frig uncovered so that it goes flat and I can enjoy the taste.

Diet 7 Up lost all carbonation in one day, flat as a board, zippo bubbles (believe me I shook the crap out of the bottle).

Diet Coke is going on day 3 and its still loaded with carbonation WTF??? never ending bubbles.

Whoooda thunk :faint:

That's funny. What is the point of drinking carbonation now, you can't get that deep down dirty burp anymore....fizzle....pop.

I know, but I miss the taste of cola or lemon lime and I'm willing to miss out on the burps, plus it helps me not grab candy *blush*

Oh you're killing me. Diet Coke was my #3 drink. I've always drank more Water & tea than soda, but for the first LOTS of weeks after surgery, I was craving carbonation like no one's business. Not a particular soda, and a drank caffeine free anyway, but just something carbonated... I wanted to feel the burn!

NJChick I have drank diet sunkist exclusively for years. I like the taste flat or carbonated. So I did the same thing except I left two bottles open on my cabinents for three days and they still had carbonation.

I can tell you for a certainty DON"T PUT THE SODA IN THE BLENDER.

I did. OOPS it wasn't as flat as I thought.:heh:

M

I can tell you for a certainty DON"T PUT THE SODA IN THE BLENDER. I did. OOPS it wasn't as flat as I thought.:heh:

M

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!! I believe you :funnypost:

Why are we not supposed to drink carbonated soda??? I have and I still burp as usually. I've also gone for the fluoroscope fill and have my band at the max according to the doctor now.

It doesnt bother me either, although I rarely drink soda. Not that I'm virtuous or anthing, I practially live on coffee.

If you reckon diet coke's bad. Ever found a year old cheeseburger? Ick, it looks the same as the day you bought it. (well it wasnt a year old, but we found it behind the wheelie bin, must have missed)

No problems here with the carbonation either. I give it a l-o-n-g pour over ice. It takes awhile to pour a glass, but the carbonation is just tingly and not explosion inducing.

I love the advice about the blender! My mental picture is just brillliant.

Why are we not supposed to drink carbonated soda??? I have and I still burp as usually. I've also gone for the fluoroscope fill and have my band at the max according to the doctor now.

From what I understand it can irritate the pouch and the gas can cause the pouch to stretch. My doc said NO carbination, but others are different.

My doctor also says NO to carbonation. I do admit though my favorite drink is a fountain coke. I don't do bottled sodas much because they are too bubbly, but I found that as long as I take it slow as in 1 Coke a day then I have no problems. I can still burp, I just have to be careful. I try never to have more than 1 soda a day (as in NO refills), but on occasion it does happen. :D