Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This might sound strange to some, but for those of you who have been through surgery, how long does your throat hurt after? I have been asked to sing a solo in church August 9th and my voice is pretty delicate anyway, so I'm worried I won't be in full voice by then.

My surgery is Tuesday, July 14th

This might sound strange to some, but for those of you who have been through surgery, how long does your throat hurt after? I have been asked to sing a solo in church August 9th and my voice is pretty delicate anyway, so I'm worried I won't be in full voice by then.

My surgery is Tuesday, July 14th

Hi,

I don't remember that my throat hurt for more than a couple days. It was more the swallowing that was my issuse and that only lasted about a week, so I think you should be just fine. Good luck with you upcoming surgery. Just know that all the things you are feeling are quite normal to be feeling. Excite, scared, unsure, can't wait, what do I expect when I get there. These are all normal and you will be just fine. :biggrin0:

My throat didn't hurt at all, and i had 2 surgeries back to back. So, I'm not sure what others experience, but I had zero throat pain.

My throat just felt a little scratchy like I might be catching a cold or something that evening but by the next day it was totally gone. I would say you would be good to sing definitely in 3 weeks without concern. carol

I also had surgery two days in a row with no throat pain at all.

No issue here either....at all.

I had pain wiht my C-section......but I was told that was because they had to do it so quick and I was not completely out when they started all the stuff....I also came around a little in it.....they even came to ask me what I remembered....... but that was because they were trying to save the baby and I had just had the band removal...... but no issues with my sleeve!

No issue here either....at all.

I had pain wiht my C-section......but I was told that was because they had to do it so quick and I was not completely out when they started all the stuff....I also came around a little in it.....they even came to ask me what I remembered....... but that was because they were trying to save the baby and I had just had the band removal...... but no issues with my sleeve!

This is totally off topic, but I love the name Emerson! My husband and I are already talking baby names even though it's a couple of years off before we really have to decide on one. We seem to agree wholeheartedly on a boy name, but he's skeptical of my girl name! Can't wait to get this weight off so I can be a mom. :001_smile:

We chose emerson so it could be a boy or girl......My oldest "normie" wanted to name her Emma....so it would have worked! but without being as trendy as the name Emma is today.

All my biological kids had unisex names so that my adopted children could understand it was the same baby as in my my tummy. It was because Colin did not understand when his "aunt" had been calling her tummy patrick....suppossed to be a bioy but we were all surprised when it wasn't.....to this day 6 years later he still asks about Patrick and where is he.......

I had surgery for something different and my throat only hurt the first few hours after surgery. Of course I had morphine going so who knows how much it really hurt. I never remember it hurting after leaving the hospital.

My lungs were a little congested but I had just quit smoking before surgery so it may have been that. I would have been more than fine to sing in the timeframe you are talking about. That is if anyone would have wanted to hear me :001_smile:

That is if anyone would have wanted to hear me :001_tt2:
haha! too cute

My throat hurt for a few days after surgery, but definitely not for 3 weeks. Am sure you will be fine and your solo with be beautiful. Plus you'll have lost weight by then, too!

How is it going down there now? I know you're there; what did the doctor discover about your issues?? I'm waiting to find out.:001_tt2:

My throat hurt for a few days after surgery, but definitely not for 3 weeks. Am sure you will be fine and your solo with be beautiful. Plus you'll have lost weight by then, too!