Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I've been lurking for many months reading and listening to so many of you. This is my first post. I have set my surgery date with Dr. Aceves July 6th. I decided sooner better than later. No lie I am scared. I have 4 kids. But somehow I feel guilty that I'm not the best I could be. They deserve better. So I'm doing this for me but also for my kids. I've got the time off from work, I've got my parents lined up to keep my kids and my husband is coming with me.....all I keep thinking about is I don't think I'm going to fit in the seat. It's been years since I've flown and I really dont think I wll fit. What will I do??? This is the kind of embarrassment I want to alleviate for the rest of my life. I guess I can sum it all up by wishing I can have one more try for a healthy life. I want to get through this as uneventful as possible and work hard to get back to a healthy weight. I want this tool to work for me. Well that is my wish. Thanks for everyone's knowledge and support and I'm so glad Wassa invited me to join here.

Kauser

Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family.

If you don't mind answering, how much time have you taken off from work?

Hi Ash, thanks. Um I have tons of time built up, so I am taking 3 -4 weeks off. I know I don't need near that much but I thought I would spend time with the kids since they're out of school.:shocked4:

Hi Ash, thanks. Um I have tons of time built up, so I am taking 3 -4 weeks off. I know I don't need near that much but I thought I would spend time with the kids since they're out of school.:shocked4:

WELCOME and good for you -- it will be easier, too, for you to get through the clear and full liquids if you're not working and having to worry about what to take to eat that day.

You'll love Dr. Aceves. I'm sure if WASa invited you she's already filled your ears full with how wonderful Dr. Aceves and his staff are -- I can attest to that fact too!

The armrest between the seats comes up and that will allow you more room. Just ask for a seat belt extender when you enter the plane.

We will be there the week before!!!!!! We will keep you posted in a new thread.

You and your husband can buy 3 seats and that way you'd have plenty of room. When you check in at the terminal, tell the person at the desk you need a seat belt extender. You can also ask the flight attendant when you board. Welcome and congratulations on getting a date.

Congratulations and welcome to Sleevetalk.

Am I the only person who got all my Protein in on clears?

I am glad that unflavored GNC Protein powder didn't bother me at all.

No I didnt have a problem getting in my Protein at all but then our post op period has been pretty much alike

I envy you both ... I am so tired, I actually took a 4 hour nap today -- that is SO unlike me ... and I could have slept longer, just felt guilty sleeping as long as I did. And, I could go back to bed now and probably sleep all night. Will be glad to start mushies when I can eat eggs and cheese and see if that changes my energy level--because right now it sucks big time.