Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Texas Sleevers???

Hi Carameldiva.... I just got sleeved by Dr. Spiegel on Jan. 11!!... everything went very smoothly and fast with my approval and depending on your pre-op diet ,surgery dates were available within a week or two.. I also love Dana..she helped me alot with my decision for the sleeve..Good luck with everything!

I used Dr. Vadim Sherman in Baylor College of Medicine. He is absolutely wonderful. I had my surgery on 3/24/09 and have lost 40lbs. I am located in Conroe, Tx and would love to chat and meet up with others from this group.:thumbup1:

Hi my name is Christa, I haven't been sleeved yet will be in June.,,I see you live in Conroe I am so close to you, I'm in Porter. Anyway I am actually seeing Dr. Wilkenfled at Texas gastric banding right there on 242 and 45...have you heard anything on him? Look forward to chating with you through this journey.

Thanks so much for your response. Today is my last appointment.. they say that I should here something within a week. With my job you have to make your schedule 6 weeks in advance, so our schedule is made already until the end of march.. I have taken off feb 1-10th hopefully my surgery will be within that time... I pray that it is.. LOL.. my pre op diet is 3 day liquid. how are you feeling?? WOW im so happy for you 20 lbs on your 1st post op visit.

P.S. Please keep me posted on your success!!

Hi Carameldiva.... I just got sleeved by Dr. Spiegel on Jan. 11!!... everything went very smoothly and fast with my approval and depending on your pre-op diet ,surgery dates were available within a week or two.. I also love Dana..she helped me alot with my decision for the sleeve..Good luck with everything!

Hi!

I live in Houston and was sleeved on November 30, 2010. My surgeon is Dr. Dexter Turnquest. He is located in the 1960_Champions Forest area. I live 45 minutes away, but travel to him because he is AWESOME! He came with rave reviews. You can barely get in his office, because people love this man so much. He is down to earth and is a top notch surgeon.

I am in the process of organizing a Houston support group. Just need a good location. I will let you know!

Hello fellow Texans,

Im in the Houston area. I have not have my sleeve yet. Just curious who did you all go to?

We should all get together one day.:thumbup1:

My doctors office was waiting on my primary doctor to fax them the needed information so I politely called my PCP and spoke with the receptionist and she said she would fax it over now. My job schedule requires a 6 week advance notice. I already put in for feb 1 thru 10th on good faith. Prayerfully next week I will hear something so that I can at least have it before I have to wait until the next schedule is put out.... I understand that the office staff have a load of cases to do but at the same time I do not want my caseworker to stop the ball from rolling. Patience is truly a virtue. I am staying prayed up that God allows the insurance to give a speedy O.K. for this life saving procedure.. I have

Hi I am here at fort hood in killeen and having the surgery at the army hospital I have a tentative date of march 24th i have to do fasting blood work tomorrow morning as long as no red flags come up that will be my date i am so excited but so nervous and gets going to be different i am going to georgia for spring break and bringing my mom back with me to watch the kiddos while i have surgery cause dh is going to be in california for ntc

Hi Natalie

I would be interested in joining your support group.

I was sleeved on 09-2010 and actually live in the 1960 area you mention.

Let me know when you organize a group.

thanks

Hi!

I live in Houston and was sleeved on November 30, 2010. My surgeon is Dr. Dexter Turnquest. He is located in the 1960_Champions Forest area. I live 45 minutes away, but travel to him because he is AWESOME! He came with rave reviews. You can barely get in his office, because people love this man so much. He is down to earth and is a top notch surgeon.

I am in the process of organizing a Houston support group. Just need a good location. I will let you know!

I would like to join the support group and I live in Tomball, TX off Spring Cypress near 249. Could we just meet at a restaurant the first time and discuss locations?

Hi EvanMarks - I was just reading this thread (I'm a Native Texan) and came across your post. I was curious, how are things progressing with you? Have you decided or been approved for sleeve surgery? Good luck!!!

NtvTxn

Hi y'all

I live in The Woodlands just north of Houston.

I had been researching the Lap Band. But heard this guy talking about his Sleeve, and it sounded like a much more enjoyable life style post op. My primary care Dr reccomends Dr Hadar Spivak. If anyone has used him, I would welcome their feedback. The problem is, I have both Medicare & Medicaid. I don't know if either of those will pay for the Sleeve. I hope I don't have to settle for the Band or By Pass. It sounds as though I could eat more normally with the stomach functioning more normally. But just smaller with the Sleeve. I like that the hunger hormone is removed with that part of the stomach that they take out . As well as the fact that the part of the stomach that remains, is the part that is least susseptable to stretching back out and becoming larger. Also, I have a clotting disprder and take Watfarin (bloodthinners/anti-coagulants) So even minor surgeries are more risky because I would have to go off them for 7 days. While taking daily injections of a fast acting blood thinner called Heperin. Then the day before the surgery, stop the injections allowing the Heperin to leave my system as it will in 24 hours. That way I would theoretically only be at risk of a clot (Stroke/Heart Attack) for 24 hours. It takes seven days for the Warfarin and Plavix to leave my body, and seven days of taking it to regain a theraputic level again. So I would resume the Heperin injections while waiting for the Warfarin & Plavix to reach theraputic levals. The Heperin acts as a bridge to minimize the risk. I've had 2 heart attacks. No fun at all. So I'm concerned about that. I wonder if anyone else has had the surgery having been on Warfarin and or Plavix? I look forward to getting to know you and hearing your experiences.

Evan

Please post if you start a support group. I live in the Copperfield area and would love to attend.

Anyone here from Austin Tx...I am going in for my surgery 3/28/11 and I am soooo excited!!

This thread has been going for awhile and I'm late to the party,but I'm in NE Tx near sulpher springs. I too would love to chat or meet fellow sleevers. Originally from fort Worth and will be back home there again one day. VGS 9/18/2011 lost about 90pounds so far.

Hi Jovigrl - Congrats on your weightloss, you're doing great!!!! Welcome to the TX page! I was glad to run across it. Like my screen name says, I'm a Native Texan! We are currently in Wisconsin, but our house is for sale and we'll be headed home as soon as it sells. The company my husband works for has an office in Las Colinas, thank goodness, they are letting in relocate, it isn't a transfer. (due to our aging parents) How are the wild fires in your area? Are they close? We lived for a short time in Mineral Wells (Palo Pinto County) right after we got married. I cannot believe how bad this is. They said on the news a little while ago that the area burned is about the size of Rhode Island! Yikes!! Anyway......have a great day and again, "good for you". I hope you get back to Ft. Worth, one of our favorite places!!!

This thread has been going for awhile and I'm late to the party,but I'm in NE Tx near sulpher springs. I too would love to chat or meet fellow sleevers. Originally from fort Worth and will be back home there again one day. VGS 9/18/2011 lost about 90pounds so far.

Hi Jovigrl - Congrats on your weightloss, you're doing great!!!! Welcome to the TX page! I was glad to run across it. Like my screen name says, I'm a Native Texan! We are currently in Wisconsin, but our house is for sale and we'll be headed home as soon as it sells. The company my husband works for has an office in Las Colinas, thank goodness, they are letting in relocate, it isn't a transfer. (due to our aging parents) How are the wild fires in your area? Are they close? We lived for a short time in Mineral Wells (Palo Pinto County) right after we got married. I cannot believe how bad this is. They said on the news a little while ago that the area burned is about the size of Rhode Island! Yikes!! Anyway......have a great day and again, "good for you". I hope you get back to Ft. Worth, one of our favorite places!!!

Hey girl,

Very happy to hear from you. No the wild fires have not touched us here in the piney woods, but last time I was in FW the big digital signs around 820 west were flashing the warnings and that was last month. I forget how truly big our state is. I love it!

wow Los Colinas is such a nice area and so busy. I love going there and glad you will be living there soon. I understand the aging parent recall, I moved to NE Tx to help my mom with my grandparents and really miss being home. Thanks for responding and keep in touch. Let me know how the move is going. May your house go soon and for a good price. Welcome home!