Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

HK,

That makes much more sense! I should have looked at the card more closely and just asked my DH, he was EMS and probably could have explained it too. I've had multiple surgeries, and don't think they've ever done that, but can't be too careful. I'm not letting anything interfere with this band!!! Thanks

ofps

Today I scheduled a fill for July 19th... It seems every day I'm getting hungrier and hungrier, so I'm looking forward to hopefully having some restriction next week! The pedometer is working, it's really encouraging me to get up and move around more. Today was my weigh day, I weigh just one once a week on Wednesday mornings. Down 1.5lbs, I haven't been in the 260's for almost 2 years so it was nice to see! I checked fitday for a report on my loss, and their calculations told me I've been losing an average of 1.8lbs a week. It's crazy, my average daily caloric intake for the last month is 1150 calories a day - I track -everything- that goes in to my mouth, and I swim almost daily. The medications I take really mess with my metabolism, so it will likely be a relatively moderate losing pace for me. I will likely have to stick to around 1200 calories a day, and increase my exercise over time in order to lose all the weight I want to, but I know with the help of the lapband, I can do it! My mini goal right now, is to try to keep doing what I'm doing until I have restriction, like I said, every day I'm hungrier and it's harder to do, I'm hoping it doesn't take too many fills for me to get good restriction. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be lucky enough to hit it on my first fill, but won't be dissapointed if I don't, I know it can take a while sometimes.

XO

Leila

hola, my name is miguel, I re-engaged the band, this June 26th, I first had it, 4yrs ago, but I was cheated by a phony doctor, Anyways, I am happy to interact, with other people, that took the same venture, as I. Also, being able to express about everything, all the minor details, witha comunity that will, find it intresting, fro being in the same situation. see you melissa, best regards, Miguel.

banded june 26th, 2 cc, self paid, mexicali, Mexico.

leila, you are, just fine, believe me, on my second fill, 2cc. ok, I am 30, male, was 275 ls, 6 feet 11 inches, tall, of course I am, XXL, i was taking 2000 calories per day, I was reduced, to 600 cal, I dont smoke, I dont exercise either, I have a busy job, in construction material, I had a pedometer, it mas like 11000 pases... But anyways, this is only for your support, keep up the good work, as it is and you will be fine, congrats!

Back from 1st fill. I told them not to be too agressive. They said they usually put 1 cc in. When I did the barium swallow it just poured through so they put another .5 in and there was .5 already there. I now have a total of 2 cc in a 10cc band. I feel some restriction already, but able to swallow and drink Water. My doctor requires 3 days of clear liquid and 3 days of mushies after a fill. He also wants you to only have Clear Liquids the day of a fill.

So now the fun begins ....

Barbara:

Seem to remember you had port issues. HOw's that gong? Did they answer your questions? I forgot all my questions at my first post op. I'm writing them down for Friday. Honestly, I forget my name since surgery. Hope this gets better too.

:think :think :think

I've been trying to find my port, they told me it was a little lower than and more towards the middle of my body than my largest incision, but no matter how hard I poke around, I feel nothing at all. I guess it must be planted pretty deep, is anybody else totally unable to feel anything? Lately I've been wondering if they put a band in there! LOL!

XO

Leila

Oh I did get to feel the port today. It is a little to the left of my large scar, more in the center of my stomach. It was "moving" around a little so they used the camera to insert the needle. Glad I was at the surgicenter so they could find it and then check it with fluro.

They also felt that the hardness and large area of it was scar tissue. Not sure I agree, but it was better today. Isn't that the way it is - go to the doctor and the pain goes away?

I'm a little apprehensive about all of this, but we'll get through it. Going to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow. :)

Thanks to all of you for being here. It really helps to have our community of Junesters going through this together.

My fill has kicked in already on liquids and mushies. I can no longer finish a full can of Soup, so heaven help me tomorrow. I am going to eat 2 bites of tuna fish salad and see how that does for lunch tomorrow. Figure I will keep my shake first thing, since I was tight in the morning before my fill.

I am so excited. I told my hubby that I feel like my life begins tomorrow. My new banded eating life. My new cheer:

:cheer2:Protein first, veggies second, carbs last. 1/2 cup only! chew! chew! chew!

good morning ya'll!!

just wanted to let you know of a new food product...

i was looking through last sunday's coupons and there was one in there for "chiquita smoothies" and thought i would give it a try. smoothies made with skim milk, nonfat yogurt and 1.5 servings of fruit. no need to mix or blend with these. you find them in your freezer section where all the other frozen fruit are. they have 4 varieties and come in single servings (11 oz each). calories range from 160-250. now don't freak out, they have alot of sugar (26-59 gm), but that's because of the fruit in them. i drink one on my way to work because i usually don't eat any lunch on these days.

enjoy!!

cutiern:biggrin1:

Thanks. I'll look for them. I probably wouldn't drink it everyday, but a few times a week to get my fruit. I am having one activia a day to keep regular and that is working like a charm.

I do not feel too tight this morning. I was able to drink a cup of coffee. I need to get my Protein Drink in, but will probably wait until lunch. Three days of clear liquids. A little tightness in my chest, but no other discomfort. I'm going to wait to see if I get tighter as the week goes by. If not, I'll call for another fill. They said to come back in 2 weeks if you are hungry and/or not losing.

I too feel like this is the beginning of the program. Scary, but exciting.

I went to the dr yesterday for my first fill. I have the vangaurd band. The dr told me that he is usually aggressive with the first fill and that if I had problems I could come back for an unfill. He put in 5cc not .5, 5 whole CC's. Has anyone else had such a progressive fill right off?

I do feel restriction somewhat, but still on liquid/mushies. I guess the true test of restriction will come tomorrow when I can eat solids.

I am excited about moving on with this stage. I think we are all working really hard for our health and think we can succeed.

Glad to be a part of such a great group of friends.:clap2:

Have a great day.

Congrats to all of you who had your fills thus far this week. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. Especially since I have mine today :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . I so need a feel right now :faint: . It could not have come at a more perfect time.

Welcome Miguel and welcome back to banded life. I know together, we will all have great success.

Melissa Lea

weight.png

Spivak

06/09/06

self-pay