Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hello Everyone --

I hope that you all had a great 4th of July! I know I did. I guess you can say that I had my first NSV. I was able to enjoy most of the "traditional" cuisine (BBQ) on this festive day of independence, in much smaller portions of course. I got on the scale this morning and didn't gain an ounce!! I don't think I can recall a holiday that I didn't gain weight. This was awesome for me :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .

I have noticed that my appetite is just now starting to pick up a bit. I'm not sure if it's because I'm excercising more or the swelling is down. I think probably both. I get my first fill next week. I think the timing is perfect!

How is everyone else doing?

Melissa Lea

If I don't drink my Isopure shake in the morning, I am hungry all day. Guess that will be my mainstay for a while. Since I start the day off with that, I do better. Still only down 12 lbs, but have not gained. I have my first fill on the 11th, if they can get it precertified.... stupid people. (I won't even get started on that... have had the appointment for over a month and they just sent the paperwork in today.) Anyway, I am ready for my fill! Sure my portions will be smaller after that.

I did eat a South Beach Diet Bar today, and could not get the whole thing down. Was really full. Guess that is good!

Have a great day all!

I can eat anything. I'm hungry all the time. I try to drink a Protein Drink in the morning. I am now eating an Activia a day. It is supposed to make you regular after 2 weeks. I'll try to keep that end under control. :grouphug:

I am ready for the fill. I don't even think I have a band. Still too scared to test it, but I know I could eat more than I do. It's just my self control that is holding me and it is wanning fast. I've started having a big pretezel each day and chew, chew, chew. It doesn't seem to faze me at all.

I get my fill on the 12th under floro. The PA at the surgi center is doing it. I didn't want to wait to make a doctor's appointment, which they discouraged. I think he is now letting them do his fills.

"I am ready for the fill. I don't even think I have a band"

Barbara - that's EXACTLY how I feel. While I am drinking more than eating, when I do eat <eggs, cottage cheese, beans> I don't feel full,

I feel "MORE!"

Once again, I'm going to just be thankful I had such little pain, and that I am healing - and that I'm 2 weeks in to this.

At 55, it feels like this is my last chance to have any kind of a normal weight in my life - so ... one day at a time. Giving Thanks for the day.

I'm ready for fill. I'm hungry and my family would say cranky--they've been great, but everyone has their limits!

I feel full if I eat really slow--but I get hungry in a few hours. I allow myself a piece of fruit between meals but nothing after dinner. I go to bed tummy growling!!!

So good to hear I'm not alone!!!!!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Randi,

I'm starving all the time to but I believe it is because we are not eating solids yet. You aren't are you?

===

I am now eating an Activia a day. It is supposed to make you regular after 2 weeks. I'll try to keep that end under control. :grouphug:

Hey Barb, don't know if this would help, but I"ve been taking a chewable benefiber in the morning and it has helped me tremendously...

Solids??! I'm doing Protein Shakes, Soups, v-8's. I have tried eggs, and some refried Beans twice. The rest of the time I'm drinking - or sipping. I know I'm not getting enough Water in, so that's my goal now, to drink lots more water. I keep thinking I'm getting enough from diet snapple, etc - but I need to drink just the water. I'm calling tomorrow to get a fill appointment, which will also be my first appointment since the band. I'm hoping for around the 20th - so it will be one month.

I was on liquids for 18 days and yesterday introduced potatoes. I know it wasnt thebest choice, but warm-they feel so good going down. i also realized I cant have cold anything first thing in the morning, I get like a huge cramp. Very painful. I lost 34lbs, but got on the scale today and it said I gained 3 back so I bet the body is holding on to whatever it can get. I am so nervous about what wont settle well as pbing and vomitting hurt a ton!

Hey All !! Just got back home from getting my first fill. Doc put in 1cc as of now i feel no difference, but of course i am on liquids today and in the morning and then i can eat lunch ...so i guess I shall see for lunch...and by the way for all you new bandsters...the fill was a breeze....i didnt feel a thing...when the doc said ok you can get up...i was like your done already....in fact him feeling around for the port with his hand was uncomfortable didnt feel a needle. I am now down to 266..YeaH for ME !!

How are all You other june 5th bandsters doing...Would love to hear from you...and of course all you other june bandsters.

Ok... I was brave today and tried chicken. After two bites I felt miserable and I actually had my first PB. Hurt badly, so don't think I'll be doing that again soon. Really wondering if I need a fill, if I go to solids, I should be restricted.

Everything else is going well. My port side is feeling better, and my hernia surgery is feeling better, so I should be 100% soon!

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Yeah June Bandsters!

You may want to go on liquids the rest of the day if you PB. I think chicken has to be really moist and covered with something to be able to eat. We got a rotisierie chicken and I took two bites and said this isn't going to work. I gave the rest to my dog. I had chineese last night and it had chicken pieces in brown sauce. I could eat that with no problem. Anything dry, especially chicken, is a no go. I also tried to eat a snow pea, which I just love. I chewed and chewed and then swallowed. If I had had a fill I would have been in trouble. I guess that and string Beans are out after Wednesday. I was so scared. I didn't do any harm. I just knew that it would have been disaster if I had had a fill.

Let us know Cindy how the fill goes. I get mine on Wednesday and I'm both excited and scared. I think the real work begins once you have a fill.

Yep it was a rotisierie chicken from Walmart that got me. I felt horrible. I have been drinking liquids since. Sucks that the first two bites I took today put me on liquids the rest of the day, but oh well.

Chicken is the enemy!

Ok...I need help. My instructions are clear liquids(juice, Jello, broth). As of today I can add yogurt and Protein Drinks. I know they say SIP your drinks and only have 4 oz. at a time, but everyone also says liquids go right through. So, why do we have to sip and limit the amount of Water, for example? Am I being stupid(highly likely)? I admit I have swallowed gulps, not sips of water and I had no problem. I just can't see getting my daily water intake in by sipping small amounts. I'm only a week out, so of course I don't wanna stretch my pouch or hurt my band, so someone please explain it so I understand.