Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I think I would go in with the idea of only get .1. If you gurgle with .2 then that is too much. You are probably real close to your spot so go real conservative. I've decided it's worth the extra money to me to go real slow. You also may want to rethink getting a fill this soon. I don't think the weight gain is really from you overeating and not after 2 week and not after being real tight.

Now the real cause of the weight gain. Yes it could very well be the antismoking medicine. It also could be the gratification you are seeking with food instead of cigs. Why don't you log what you are eating to be sure?

I also think it's hard to do both - weight loss and give up smoking. I commend you for trying, but I know it must be frustrating. Two big oral gratifications taken away at the same time. You might have to substitute with another oral fix. OK you guys minds out of the gutter - I was thinking singing or humming or whistling or public speaking or ....

Also might want to think of some of that hard candy that has few calories. It could be something to suck on instead of thinking of cigs. Also, I saw a suggestion to pop one of those Listerine mouth referesher sheets that disolve in your mouth. They are supposed to take away the urge to eat. I haven't tried that.

Oh but I definetly need a fill, when I went 2 weeks ago it had been 2 1/2 months and I was wide open, the .1 did nothing!!! Now I can sit and eat 7 or 8 oz of hard Protein and still be starving. I don't want to be hungary all the time. I need a fill, I just don't want one based off of fluro, because I am just too sensitive and what the machine and my body says do not jive.

OK you are like me in that restriction doesn't show up on fluro. I have to wait 6-15 days before mine kicks in. If you are that hungry then get .2 or .3. Don't go over .3

Regina: I would go with .2 and see what that looks like. I know it is a pain, but you can always go back for more. (especially since your fills were included for the first year) Living life overfilled is horrible, and you don't want to find that out the hard way.

Ok whose bright idea was the wine? I had a glass of white and then tried to eat. Wrong. First bite was a little awkward, but second was little golf ball. I'm now burbing, but not much pain. I think all the wine did was make me tipsy. Um, maybe that was the idea. Drink a glass of wine and you won't want to eat! Back to safe liquids for me.

When I read all the posts, I have to laugh. I thought this "tool" was supposed to help us learn how to get food out of our heads - and find the person that's been buried down inside.

Instead, it's all "fills" "unfills" "sliming" "esophagus" and knowing just how many cc's are in our bands, and the odd looks we get when we gurgle.

Burping becomes a way of life. Eating junk food is easier than eating Protein. <why is that crap in the house at all?> The people who have done well enough to have before and after photo's keep us thinking about being an after. Those of us who keep falling down, feel as if we've failed at another "diet"

When I think about the quantity of food I used to inhale <including salads and vegetables - it's not about sweets for me> I keep thinking I should have lost 100 pounds by now, given the limited amount of anything that I can keep down... it's a joke!!! I find myself wishing I hadn't told anyone about it, so that others expectations wouldn't influence how I feel.

I've considered having the band removed. But who wants to go in to the hospital and go thru all that again? Never mind the costs!

To those of you who are enjoying big weight losses BRAVO!

To those of you who are having problems - I am you!

To all of us, I wish we could find some peace with this, and we didn't have to be so compulsive about food, diets, fat, any of it.

Ahhh my sistahs, life is too short to live it this way - or the other way.

randi

Randi: You can always have a total unfill. I was told that if you ever want your band removed, just get it totally unfilled and see if you change your mind first. Most people will gain after a total unfill, but some don't gain even after removing the band. So, I guess that is up to you.

Did you get an unfill? How are you doing, besides being frustrated?

Randi, I'm guessing you've ruled out the complete unfill? If that's the case, have you tried the wine or hot tea trick (I'd stay clear of fruit juice if you have that much pbing).

I'm struggling now too, but it's really not the band. I'm trying to sooth a few wounds with food and lethargy. Sometimes you just have to let go of that suitcase. It may seem illogical, but this is my year to lose this weight and gain my health. EVERYTHING has to line up behind this effort. Including other people's expectations.

Speaking of which---guess what DH asked!!! He wanted to know if I wanted to get plastic surgery done so I could wear a bikini this summer? I didn't know whether to be insulted or die laughing! Talk about expectations - I'm almost 56 freakin years old! To be bikini ready I'm sure I'd need enough stuff done to end up looking like a science project!

Regina - I'd say go for the .2. All meds make me gain weight except my Fluid pills.

By the way.....This is an official Junebie Poll:

Who is drinking their Water every day?

I'll answer that one first - Not me!:faint:

Kynekee Welcome to your new home. Please tell us about yourself. Can I call you KK (I can't remember how to spell your name - if you hate it tell me, I'll get it eventually)

OOOH Poodles, I love Red Zinfindel! No wine today for me. I didn't have any calories left to drink a drop (Yikes!!!) In fact, I owe a bit back tomorrow.

Barbara465 - Congrats on that Valentine's Day Goal.

Aimee - Are you cold in Saintville? AS a fellow Gulf Coast gal -- this weather sucks!!!! At least in Michigan I didn't look like a weirdo in my earmuffs and mittens.

I admit it. I'm not drinking all my Water anymore either. I'm going to make a bigger effort from now on. We got one of those one cup coffee machines at work, and its so easy just to drink that.

Hey ladies, I'm up and about and apparently I still have my band. I am super tired so I will post more later. Just an update on today. Love ya all.

M

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is fill day for me. I'm planning to not allow anymore than .3 cc be added. They took out .5 last month and I sure don't want to go back there again.

I'll let you know how it goes. I've been back in hibernation mode. DH is not doing too well and....................blah, blah, blah. All the more motivation to get healthy! His almost daily comment, "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself". Well, it may be late in the game but this game ain't over and I intend to make this the year I truly get in shape..........and no, I don't mean bikini shape. Gotta love 'em!

Is it our age that prevents us from doing better?

It almot seems like the higher weight you are in the beginning, you take off the most quickly.

Having an unfil is an option. I'm trying to let things simmer down, doing the Protein, Jello, snapple.. trying to let myself heal. I'm not sure when I can go see him again - not till the 8th or so. Perhaps I will have relaxed a bit by then, we'll see.

I need a goal - besides trying not to lose more hair :D

RandiL

Socalgal - Congrats on such good news. Take care of yourself!

Randi - You sound in better spirits. A good goal would be to eat a liquid/mushie meal without pbing!

Cathy - my husband wanted to buy me one of those fancy one cupers and I wouldn't let him for the very same reason. Instead, I'm now hooked on hot tea.

Barbara12 - When things get really bad, I walk a mall. Galleria has some great card shops. Why don't you get a jump on this year's bday cards?

Today is jumping off day. I thought I had seen the last of 190:faint: .You guessed it - and I can't use Fluid as an excuse after the day I had yesterday. You can bet I won't see it again.