Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

good morning ya'll!!!

don't feel bad reeneea. i lost 2 lbs this week for a total of 11 lbs. i say that's pretty good in 2 weeks when the average is 1-2 lbs/wk. and you, you've lost 12 lbs!!:clap2: :clap2: you are doing good!! we are all doing good!! i know the pounds will start dropping when i start getting fills, so i'm not too worried right now. the gas crept up on me again, but i think it's due to my "aunt flo" visiting me. all in all, i feel like my old self. i hope everyone is feeling ok this rainy morning. be safe out there.

cutiern:D

I don[t have port pain either. My port is in a strange place, like up from waist but more in middle of stomach. I can sleep on either side. I do have a catch on my right side and had it right from waking up from surgery. That is the only place I've had pain. There is nothing there but one incisision way down low. They told me that's where the camera was inserted. I'm not complaining either! :)

You shouldn't have any restrictions drinking. There is nothing to stop anything as the pouch is unfilled and probably not swollen. I have been able to drink well from the start. We will be the ones that have to have wil power until the first fill as we will probably be able to eat more than we should with no problem. liquids are so the stomach doesn't work too hard and pull stitches.

Continued good luck.

Hootiebelle: I hope it continues to be easy for you. I have decided to go on low carb mushies because the Carbdevil has convinced me to eat more than I should the past few days. After my swelling went down, it was not easy any more for me.

I have still maintained the 12 lb weight loss, but the scale has not moved since.

Ok, so I have edited this to add the following:

Do you guys have a schedule that you follow? This morning, I ate Breakfast before drinking anything, now 3/4 of the way thru a bottle of Water, and then I will eat lunch. Do you think the eat, bottle Water, eat, bottle water will work to get in all the liquids and keep us full?

What do you do?

Hello June Band Crew

I am less than 24 hrs away from the band.

I believe I have lost @ 14 #'s on this liquid diet -and honestly it hasn't been that terrible - I am having no hunger pains BUT do fight the boredum head hunger.

I haven't felt the excitement yet - I still feel pretty calm. Hopefully I will not be a basketcase in the morning.

My mom is coming to watch the kids tomorrow - so I am going to have her measure my body and then take the before pictures. I also want a few pictures with my children before I leave.

I go in at 10:30 am and hopefully will get out @ noon on Wednesday. (need to complete a Barium Swallow and drink a certian amount of Water in 3 hours time before they will let you out.)

I will come home to Clear Liquids for 2-3 days followed by 1-2 weeks of regular liquid diet. then the lovely mushy stage to follow.

Here's wishing good luck to my other June 20th banders!!

I will check in after I get back.

Tracy

I started with such a high BMI ( 59) i expect it to be easy for a while ......I was clear liquids last week...this week full liquids next week mushies...after that week real food ..I drink something constantly Water, crystal light, some jucies..........protien shakes....:)

I agree Hootiebelle,

So far this has been easy. I want to use the word "easy" lightly though as I know it still takes will power and self discipline, especially until we reach that "sweet" spot with our fills.

Melissa Lea:hippie:

weight.png

Spivak

06/09/06

self-pay

ON Oprah today she said losing weight is a decision...We decided to get a lap band ...We must decide to do our part...and i believe if we play by the band rules to the best of our ability we can do great things for ourselves:scared:

8 hours and counting till surgery. After almost 2 years of research, tips to doctors office, waiting and wanting this so badly the hours finally draw near and now I am getting nervious. My head knows what I am doing is the right decision but my stomach is full of butterflies. Was anyone else as nervious going just before your surgery??

I agree! It's one week from tomorrow for me and I must say I have a

different attitude than I did..oh say a month ago! It's becoming a reality that I am going to have this thing implanted in me...hopefully permanently.

Then there are the what if's... What if this doesn't work for me like it does other people..What if my body doesn't appreciate me sticking something inside of it... What if I go back to eating like I do now. Sorry don't mean to be negative. Maybe I just need some affirmation. My surgery coordinator said that according to my eating habits and weight loss patterns the lap band is PERFECT for me! I am just going to keep telling myself that! THIS IS GOING TO WORK! I am going to be at a healthy weight within 18 months. There, I feel better already! :clap2:

I3 hours till my surgery, and I can't sleep.....been on the Clear Liquids and having my last sip of anything now as it's NPO now.

I'm excited, and nervous, and excited, and scared.....lol I've never had surgery and well it's a bit daunting.

Looking forward to being on the other side of the band soon.

Have lost 9lbs on the pre op and the liquid thing hasn't been too bad today except for when someone near my cubicle was eating fries.....yike I never knew my tummy could rumble so loudly lol....

I'm so grateful to this board......I've learned what to do to get ready and what to have on hand for after the surgery.

This time tomorrow I will be a June Bandster....

I'm blessed to know that God is with me thru all of this.

Thank you all for being here.

Good morning everyone! I myself am getting close also...I am finishing packing and getting ready to start my 2 day journey to Mexico! I too have a few butterflies, but I know I am doing the right thing. Got on the scale the final time this morning and I am down 15#'s and still have 2 days of the liquid diet!!!

I just want to thank everyone for their posts. You have all been a help to me on this journey!

God bless you all!

Janelle,

It looks like I will be meeting up with you at Dr. Ortiz's office! I'm scheduled for the 22nd, so I will be doing my pre-op testing tomorrow, and spending tomorrow night at the Lucerne.

I know of another person coming from Oregon, named Barbara...so the three of us will be spending a few days together!

I look forward to seeing you there.

Darrin

San Diego, CA

Hi, June folks! Congrats to those of you who are banded *and* to those of you who are yet to be banded.

I've been lurking for a bit. Was just banded yesterday and had many of the same fears I see posted here. For what it's worth: the surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The pre-surgery staff were really wonderful: warm, generous, gentle. I had to stay in the hospital overnight and that crew was fine, too. The only thing I'd suggest, for those of you who can, is that you bring with you an advocate, someone who can make sure you get an extra blanket if you need one. It's always nice and in my case, would have been a little less lonely.

In any event, it's probably healthy to have fears. I figure fears mean I'm not a Pollyanna and am entering whatever it is with somewhat open eyes, always the best way to approach anything in my book.

Glad to be among you! Yay!

Best,

Coco