Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I'm new to the board. :clap2: I'll be going to Scripps in San Diego, CA on the 11th.:)

I'm starting my 10 day liquid diet on Sunday.:faint: Not really looking forward to that but it's whats got to be done.

Good luck Ubermom!

Anyone out there have ideas for exercising through/despite pain. I wrapped up my waist this morning and took some pain med. and could only walk around the block because every step was throbbing on my left side! I really want to be good and exercise, but it hurts!

OFPS,

If you want to check out doctors in the US that do fills for patients that had the lapband surgery in Mexico, check out www.FillCentersUSA.com.

The site was put together just for the reason that people may not be able or willing to return to their doctor in Mexico for after-care. One word of warning though - If you get the surgery done in Mexico, go back to the doctor for at least your first fill. US doctors don't perform fills the same way so they creep up on the "sweet spot", whereas the doctors in Mexico, work from the ideals that you need to get to the sweet spot within 2 or 3 fills. They also use floro to do the job which is better than the "guessing" that the US doctors do using the palpitation method.

Good luck in your decision!

Janelle,

Watch what you do! The doctor said not to do anything that would require excessive use of your stomach muscles, until after 3 weeks. The stitches are only holding the port in place until the scar tissue develops around the port holding it to the muscle.

I'm very careful about my movements, and I'm not getting on my excercise bike, until after my 3 weeks are up.... My exericise is currently limited to walking ONLY, until day 22:)

I'm going to talk to Dr. Ortiz's office to see about scheduling my first fill for the week of August 7th.

Here I am at Day 10 and I'm down 24 lbs since surgery! Woo Hoo! :)

Over the last 5 days I've seen my weight loss slow to about 1-2 lbs a day, but even at 1 lb. a day, I might find myself about 60 lbs. down by my first fill. But I'll be happy with 40-50 (so if I gain once I get on solids I won't be disappointed).

Darrin,

I wasn't doing anything strenuous. I just stood up from sitting on my couch. I have been super careful today, but it still burns, and I had to sleep on my back last night. It is scarey. I wish I knew where my port was. None of my incisions are red, so I know they are fine!

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss. I have only lost 7 pounds. I hear that men lose weight faster...But I am not discouraged. I am happy with any weight loss! I love the yogurt. Never thought I liked it so much!! I have found a couple low carb ones that are pretty good. I will have a Protein Shake for lunch and dinner. Since we can only have a few ounces at a time I will probably have to sip on them the rest of the day. What are you going to do? I have a good Protein Drink powder I bought at costco. It is also low carb. I will be following a very low carb diet once I start solids.

All the best to you and your family!

Janelle --

Your port is generally wherever your largest incision is. As much as we all try not to use these abdominal muscles directly post-op, it's sometimes unavoidable. It is possible that you might have torn a stitch, but remember, they put more than one!! Don't freak out about it. I'm sure you are fine.

My port is where the largest incision is. When I lay down flat on the bed, I gently press around that incision and I can make out my port. My doc put it pretty deep (yippee!! for me). If I didn't feel my port, I honestly don't think I would believe I had the band at this point.

Melissa Lea

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Congrats to ALL the June 2006 Bandsters :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:) :not_ripe: :Banane20: :Banane45: WE DID IT !!!!!! :Banane45: :Banane20: :not_ripe::bananajump:

June 2, 2006

Jude (Jude 048)

Kim (Kimsretro)

Salemkitty

Sissi

Zipota13

Julia (Hulia_Goolia)

June 5, 2006

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

Poodles

Reeneea

June 6, 2006

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

Rebndave

Juliegeraci

June 7, 2006

Maria (Maria 75)

Hedwig

Aimee (warmmorningsun)

AnneMarie

jlogantx

Amus71744

Loving-It

Suchadiva

June 8, 2006

Regina (rroswelltx)

Devnerbrodie

Gladdy

June 9, 2006

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

Mary Ann

Barbara12375

Pinkylee

Ubermom

June 12, 2006

Hootiebelle

Imearly

June 13, 2006

Barbara (Barbara465)

Amus71774

JulieLu

hate2w8

Kennystang

June 14, 2006

Kelly (KellyLuvsDave)

Leila

Suefwd

June 15, 2006

Rvillelegs

Ofps

June 16, 2006

Sparkey 1995

Juliyisra

J-Ro

Julissa1974

June 19, 2006

Lasonyadj

Jen (Time4Change)

Lasonyadj

Alberta

June 20, 2006

SunnyDee

Texasterry

Tracy (Bubbyville)

RandyL

Lucymann

Mystyblu

Sonriose

Stella

Skip9823

June 21, 2006

Pplqueen

June 22, 2006

ChakoLady

Janelle (Chako_lady)

Violet (Plainsneech)

Terri (IBLoser)

Darrub (DScgeudke)

Divanita2006

Darrin

Avilla

Plainsneech

June 23, 2006

Ndbeekeeper & Husband

Stephanie MG

Diane_Louise

June 26, 2006

BeacheeGirl

Lizzie (lizziegrace)

Tribon

June 27, 2006

Dancing Queen

Blj5362

June 28, 2006

Laura (Housecatgirl)

Arvel

June 29, 2006

Christa94

Socalgal3

Nannepuddn

Devana

Please private message me if your name is not on the list. This is not intentional. Melissa Lea

Socalgal3 and Chako Lady, My left side hurts really bad, too. Right around the largest incision.:) I hope that pain goes away. I can deal with the shoulder pain and whatever else but every time I stand up or lay down or walk around I find myself holding my left side because it burns so bad.:faint:

There's a rumble in my tummy! First, I figure I'm hungry, so I have some broth or diluted juice or Jello and the grumble continues. So, I figure it's gas and take some Gas-X or Gaviscon. RUMBLE RUMBLE. So, I walk..gurgle gurgle and I lie down rumble rumble....HELP! How do I settle the tummy down, just have nothing for a day or what?:phanvan

well it has been 2 weeks and 1 day since I got into this whole deal and I have lost 34lbs and am very weak but slowly doing more. I am still breastfeeding and trying to care for everyone including myself. I am -today- missing food. Last week I missed chewing so ice has been my friend! I start full liquids tomorrow as I had the complications and had to start over. I am so excited about yogurt, applesauce, etc. Today I must admit I did chew and spit some food as I missed the whole chewing business, but you know what- not really worth it and hard to not swallow! Oh well I hope you all are well.

My tummy gurgles a lot...but, I don't think it is because I am hungry. I am still having a bit of a problem with "wanting" food. I did have a few bites of Mac & cheese today. I chewed it really well and it went down fine. I am fine as long as the food isn't around. I am only supposed to have Clear Liquids, 1 1/2 cups of yogurt and 30 gr of Liquid Protein a day until July 13th. Then I can start on solids. This has been a very long time to go without solids. I am really trying!!! I walked a lot today and drank more Water (Darrin says you lose more weight if you drink more!). Still feel a little burning in my lower tummy. If I pulled a stitch, it must be healing. I worked very hard not to use my abdominal muscles today. Using my arms and legs more to stand up.

I went to the health food store and bought a liquid Vitamin that doesn't taste or smell as bad as the Centrum. I'm hoping along with it and adding Protein to my diet I will get more energy! I know I already feel better, even with only losing 23 #'s.

We are going to do this! And with a support team of 81, we can't fail. We should all make a guess on combined weight loss of our June crew! That would be fun. If everyone loses 50 #'s, that would be a 4050 # loss! Wow!

Good luck everyone!!!

I have that nausea feeling also not enough to actually throw up but enough to make you feel horrible. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it.

So sorry to hear of some of the discomforts of our Junies. I don't have any suggestions. I myself am suffering from Constipation. I just can't seem to make the final push and my stomach goes into severe contradictions when I go to the bathroom. I think I'm not getting enough liquids so that's the plan for the day. Water, water, water.

I still feel great. No real pain except some pulling on the sides. I'm not trying to eat around the band or try things I don't think I should. I'm much too scared for that. I'm starting real food this weekend. I think I've been eating too many things with cheese.< /p>

Everyone take care. We need to pull ourselves together so we can get on to the next step - fills!

I put a thread on here about the tummy growling. Everyone says it is normal and to get used to it. Our tummy thinks it needs more, because we have been giving it more for years.

For nausea, I have been using phenagren when it gets really bad. I drink milk to settle an empty tummy.

The port pain is normal. We have a device in there that our body is not used to. It will take more time to heal on that side since we have it stitched in and such. Most people say it will take 3+ weeks. Mine still hurts and I am almost a month out. So that is normal.

Don't worry June Bugs! We are all "normal". Too bad our definition of normal is: Sore, starving, and waiting for a fill! :love: