Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op not doing well at all!

First of all by back feels like its blown out second they keep telling me to walk so I can move the gas around and burp but that's not working I keep feeling like I have so much tightness in my chest I'm beginning to regret this any advice? Pain killers are not working cause I am a past methadone user... I'm only like 3 weeks off

First of all by back feels like its blown out second they keep telling me to walk so I can move the gas around and burp but that's not working I keep feeling like I have so much tightness in my chest I'm beginning to regret this any advice? Pain killers are not working cause I am a past methadone user... I'm only like 3 weeks off

Also they removed a hiatal hernia in my stomach

Ah you poor thing.. It does get better. The gas/wind is awful. There are meds that ease wind. Also try to lie on your side it helped me. I didn't find pain meds helped with gas but did with the other aches and pains. I used to swallow sure while I drank which doesnt help. Remember to breathe out before your swallowing your drinks etc...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

B-You have tons of support here! I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. Are you getting all your fluids in?

I know sometimes when I am dehydrated, I get a little constipated and that makes my back hurt a bit like what your saying yours feels like.

Mis is right though, if you are 3 weeks out you should call your Doc and make sure that everything is going well. You did have a double procedure and that might affect it but just to be sure it never hurts to call.

Please let us know how your doing, and reach out any time you need to.

Ah honey its hard to see the positives when your in pain..I'm not flooded with support.. You can message me anytime to chat if that helps... To be clear when exactly was your surgery....

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Oh hang on....You are 3 DAYS post op! Got ya...3 weeks off Methadone. OK.

Are you able to take Tylenol? That will help you. Also...please try some warm tea, and a hot Water bottle or heating pad under your back where it's hurting. That will help to move the gas around and out. Blow your horn honey!!!! I almost rose 2 feet off my bed the first time I passed gas, I was laughing so hard my stitches hurt but it felt AWESOME!

Gas-Ex helps lots, and if your sore ice pack on the port site. Rest but also get up and try to walk around as much as you can when you can even to the bathroom and back. It does help to move the gas.

sugar free ice pops were another life saver for me when I had trouble with getting all my fluids in. They are soothing to your insides.

Again reach out if you need to!!!

Organic ginger does wonders for gas. If you can't find organic just get regular, cut up a slice and steam it with some tea. I hope you feel better soon.

The walking will help each time walk a little further. I also used a heating pad and phazyme for gas it works better than gas x. They are small and easy to swallow. Warm liquid in the morning helps to get the gas pains moving from over night. Good Luck.