Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill, Freaking Hungry

My first fill was today. Yippee! :clap2: I now have 1.0cc in my band. :biggrin1:

*vent on* :)

I'm on liquids for the next two days and all I'm doing is running to the bathroom and listening to my stomach growl. Today is Clear Liquids and tomorrow I start full liquids. I know that I will make it, I just haven't been this hungry in AGES.

*vent off*:success1:

Ok, I'm off to the bathroom. :rolleyes: I think I saw every one available in the hospital today, even the Men's room.

Audra

Congratulations! I have my first fill tomorrow!

I think I'd find Clear Liquids only would have me starving hungry too, fill or no fill. You can do it after surgery because you're swollen and recovering and you wouldnt have a huge appetite anyway at that point. But after a fill, its not the same, I've never felt restriction in the same way that I feltt that swollen artificial restriction. I still have an appetite and get hungry.

My doc doesnt require any change to eating habits before or after fills so I just eat normally and I guess I'd find out soon enough if I overdid it. But if you're on clear liquids, good on you for sticking with it, but dont be suprised to feel you could chew the ass out of a low flying duck. I'd say that's pretty normal.

But if you're on clear liquids, good on you for sticking with it, but dont be suprised to feel you could chew the ass out of a low flying duck. I'd say that's pretty normal.

Your're not kidding about that! This is nothing like immediately after surgery. The instruction paper that I got at the post-op appt. states that I'm to do clear liquids the day of the fill (all day), full liquids the second day (starting at noon), mushies the third day (starting at noon), and then back to solids on the fourth day.

Luckily I'm going to bed soon so hopefully I can ignore the stomach rumblings for a bit longer. Tomorrow will be the real test when I'm have a room full of students. If I can make it through that then I know that NOTHING can hold me back.

Audra

Audra, I "KNOW" that you can make it. If the Mavs can beat the Spurs three straight, you can do this. hehehe As the saying goes, This too shall pass. Just think of all the time and effort and money and pain and hunger you've put out over the years.......You can do liquids for a couple of days, no sweat.

Are you going to try and make it to the DFW luncheon on the 20th???

Thanks Randy!

Yes, I know that this shall pass. Hallelujah! Things are better today, now that I'm on full liquids. It's definitely different than right after surgery.

MMMMMMMMM Campbell's Gold Label Tomato and Basil Soup! :hungry:

I'm not sure about the DFW Luncheon on the 20th. My calendar is open but I have field day at school on the 19th and then our end of the year faculty party that evening. :biggrin1: I don't know how "alive" I'll be by Saturday. But if I don't make this one, I'll get there eventually.

Audra

Works for me, Audra. Have fun at the field day, but not too much at the faculty party. (I wonder what it's like to have three months off at one time...)