Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyother November 2013 bansters?

I'm a week out. My date is November 26th. Thank you all for posting your experiences. It helps settle the nerves to know things to expect post-op. Can't wait!

Good luck bobbie. Im 7 days post op and feel so much better. This site has helped.me answer questions I didn't even know I had. How are you getting on with pre op diet?

Thanks Princessleah! I'm very glad you are doing well 7 days post op. I was not prescribed the pre op diet so I have not had that pressure so far. I have however cut out things like soda and eating out just to prepare myself for what's to come post op. I have been successful of dropping weight in the past but never successful keeping it off. And when I gain it back I gain even more. What has always worked best for me is the Appetite suppressants when I am on them however I get unhealthy side affects as in no sleep until the point I just crash. Otherwise I can be a healthy eater and love most healthy foods even over many junk foods. My biggest issue is Portion Control because I always feel hungry. I am hoping I can find the right fill to curb my appetite and be successful. I have a lot of motivation going for me. I am so ready to feel comfortable in even a pair of jeans again. I'm tired of the yoga pants. Lol. Keep me updated on how you are doing and if you have any recommendations based on your experiences send them my way!!! Best wishes to your road to healing and this new life venture. :)

Hey Bobbie, that's ok then, I had to only eat fat free yogert for a week prior to shrink liver. I've always had same problem, I can lose weight as obviously diets work but I can't maintain my lose. Then end up putting it all back on with extra. It's got to the point that it was difficult to get out of bed, being uncomfortable in all my trousers too and started effecting my health. I had my band fitted on 12th November and its made me look at everything differently. I've also lost 16lbs already :-D however I do still find Im often thinking of different things to eat haha. The real test is when I can drive again and go back to work. I also stopped fizzy drinks, breadyand doughy foods, started eating at table with tv off and eating really slow and chewing well. Inbox me if you want to chat about tips or general how your doing as good to have someone to talk to :-)

Starting to get hungry. Mainly I just want texture. Surgery was on 11/14 I have done a little mushie last night though not supposed to ntil thanksgiving. i have made all kinds of interesting Soups but am bored bored bored

I am day 3 post op as well. No nausea, but my incisions are itching as well. Sorry about the dog episode. It made me cringe just reading it. Take Care.

Starting to get hungry. Mainly I just want texture. Surgery was on 11/14 I have done a little mushie last night though not supposed to ntil thanksgiving. i have made all kinds of interesting Soups but am bored bored bored

I was banded 12th Nov, was suppose to wait until today to start mushy foods but just wasn't getting what I needed from thick liquids anymore. So I just have mushy food with a lot of sauce as I felt ready. I haven't had any problems and feel fuller for longer. So your not alone with that don't worry :-)

How is every one doing? Today is my three week anniversary. I feel great. Have walked every single day. That is definitely a new me -- the old me would have squirmed out of it at least half the time, especially because it's so cold! The eating is going well. I find I am craving smoked salmon. Probably need the fish oils as well as the Protein. And just had some Quinoa flakes for Breakfast. Delicious and protein-filled. I am so happy with my decision. Feeling so much healthier already! The mental part of this process is really wonderful, the release from all the food obsession, etc.

How is every one doing? Today is my three week anniversary. I feel great. Have walked every single day. That is definitely a new me -- the old me would have squirmed out of it at least half the time, especially because it's so cold! The eating is going well. I find I am craving smoked salmon. Probably need the fish oils as well as the Protein. And just had some Quinoa flakes for breakfast. Delicious and protein-filled. I am so happy with my decision. Feeling so much healthier already! The mental part of this process is really wonderful, the release from all the food obsession, etc.

How is every one doing? Today is my three week anniversary. I feel great. Have walked every single day. That is definitely a new me -- the old me would have squirmed out of it at least half the time, especially because it's so cold! The eating is going well. I find I am craving smoked salmon. Probably need the fish oils as well as the Protein. And just had some Quinoa flakes for breakfast. Delicious and protein-filled. I am so happy with my decision. Feeling so much healthier already! The mental part of this process is really wonderful, the release from all the food obsession, etc.

Hey. I had mine done 16 days ago, and I don't regret it for a second. I'm eating mushy food and it fills me up for so much much longer. I haven't been doing a lot of walking but work keeps me busy lol

Hello Everyone I was Banded on November 21st I was on a liquid diet until Thanksgiving Eve I was cooking and started my mushing a lil early, no problems with that so far just trying to stay hydrated bc Im still in the healing phase and for some reason I dont have an appetite I have to make myself eat a little. I still have the shoulder pain, but other than that Life is treating me well I was scheduled to go back to work today 11/30 but instead I came back Mon 11/25 , I went in weighting 219 Im now at 211... still more to go I can do this better yet we can do this....God Bless Everyone!! :)