Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trial run of pre op diet

Tomorrow I am doing a trial run of the pre op diet. This will help me fill in the hunger gaps while working. Starting with a mocha Protein Shake. I did this with a scoop of chocolate Protein Powder, 1 tblsp sf/ff chocolate pudding mix,1 tblsp sf Torani chocolate Syrup and a packet of freeze dried coffee. For lunch a cup of raspberries, and a chocolate cherry cheesecake Protein shake. This was done with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tblsp sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix, and 1 tblsp cherry extract. For dinner 5 oz lean beef and a cup of sliced cucumber. I am taking some beef and chicken broth to school with me and I have sf Popsicles.. We will see how it goes.

Have a great day! I am looking forward to the pre-op diet only because that's a big giant step in the right direction and it will feel good to get some weight off prior to the surgery. Then the focus will be on healing up and leaning how to use the band properly. Getting excited!

Tomorrow I am doing a trial run of the pre op diet. This will help me fill in the hunger gaps while working. Starting with a mocha Protein shake. I did this with a scoop of chocolate Protein powder' date=' 1 tblsp sf/ff chocolate pudding mix,1 tblsp sf Torani chocolate Syrup and a packet of freeze dried coffee. For lunch a cup of raspberries, and a chocolate cherry cheesecake Protein Shake. This was done with a scoop of chocolate Protein Powder, 1 tblsp sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix, and 1 tblsp cherry extract. For dinner 5 oz lean beef and a cup of sliced cucumber. I am taking some beef and chicken broth to school with me and I have sf Popsicles.. We will see how it goes.[/quote']

Helli... Where are u finding all of ur recipes for Protein shakes? Thanks.

Tomorrow I am doing a trial run of the pre op diet. This will help me fill in the hunger gaps while working. Starting with a mocha Protein shake. I did this with a scoop of chocolate Protein powder, 1 tblsp sf/ff chocolate pudding mix,1 tblsp sf Torani chocolate Syrup and a packet of freeze dried coffee. For lunch a cup of raspberries, and a chocolate cherry cheesecake Protein Shake. This was done with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tblsp sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix, and 1 tblsp cherry extract. For dinner 5 oz lean beef and a cup of sliced cucumber. I am taking some beef and chicken broth to school with me and I have sf Popsicles.. We will see how it goes.

If it's just a day or so, go for it but any longer than that you'll be setting yourself up for something. The preop period is hard enough, I wouldn't start it any sooner than I had to. Being on the other side now, I wish I had a couple of my pre-preop days back so I could eat as much as I wanted to. I understand your excitement and all, but you should wait until you actually need to start the preop diet otherwise you're likely to get burnt out and be miserable in the days leading up to your surgery.

If it's just a day or so' date=' go for it but any longer than that you'll be setting yourself up for something. The preop period is hard enough, I wouldn't start it any sooner than I had to. Being on the other side now, I wish I had a couple of my pre-preop days back so I could eat as much as I wanted to. I understand your excitement and all, but you should wait until you actually need to start the preop diet otherwise you're likely to get burnt out and be miserable in the days leading up to your surgery.[/quote']

It is more about finding things that will help me get through so I will not be miserable or burnt out. I am finding different shake flavors and made homemade low fat broths. My pre op is three weeks and I know I will struggle part of why I am finding out what works for me now, if I cheat it is no biggie now because it is my pre pre op diet. Lol I had a boiled egg at about 10... On my pre op diet it would have been cheating, today it means I have to find a non cheating way to deal with my 10 am hunger pains... broth or sf Jello perhaps?we will see. Thanks for the advice? :)

I need you to be my personal pre-op chef! Good to get organized, that's for sure -- I am trying to work on head hunger and habits, the lifestyle changes I need to make with the help of that yet to be installed band. Not too far off now, I hope. .

Bariatric foodie.com

Thank you! I am gonna have to check that out.

i did a trail run of the pre op also and i regret i did....when the time came to really do it i was tired of the shakes and had to force myself to do them.....

i did a trail run of the pre op also and i regret i did....when the time came to really do it i was tired of the shakes and had to force myself to do them.....

I found an amazing array of shake recipes found on bariatric foodie.com. If I wanted I could have a different flavor every day, twice a day for a good month. I am just trying out shake flavors that look interesting and eating healthier. I am very much looking forward to my peanut brittle shake I will be having for Breakfast tomorrow morning. I figured if I start cutting the carbs now that will be less I have to deal with when I start the actual diet. The reason for most people's headaches during the pre op diet is carb withdrawal. This way I can deal with the energy issues many seem to deal with and not the no carb/sugar headache.

I found an amazing array of shake recipes found on bariatric foodie.com. If I wanted I could have a different flavor every day' date=' twice a day for a good month. I am just trying out shake flavors that look interesting and eating healthier. I am very much looking forward to my peanut brittle shake I will be having for Breakfast tomorrow morning. I figured if I start cutting the carbs now that will be less I have to deal with when I start the actual diet. The reason for most people's headaches during the pre op diet is carb withdrawal. This way I can deal with the energy issues many seem to deal with and not the no carb/sugar headache.[/quote']

How did you do on day 1?

We should try and get together for coffee or something since our surgeries are so close and we are using the same place!

How did you do on day 1?

We should try and get together for coffee or something since our surgeries are so close and we are using the same place!

I would love that. Where in the valley are you. I live on the ASU poly campus.

As for the first day. It was ok until about 10. I was starving. I only used one scoop and 8 oz of Water in my shake. I think if I use two scoops and 16 oz of Water it will keep me full longer. My day starts at 5am, so it makes sense that 4 or 5 hours later I was starving. Gonna double it up tomorrow and see if that works. I could just make two 8oz shakes but that will be a pain when I am teaching, if I make one 16 oz and drink on it while teaching and I think that will work better, I hope. Now I just have to get my students in culinary to stop bringing me things like Peanut Butter banana bread! Lol

I would love that. Where in the valley are you. I live on the ASU poly campus.

As for the first day. It was ok until about 10. I was starving. I only used one scoop and 8 oz of Water in my shake. I think if I use two scoops and 16 oz of Water it will keep me full longer. My day starts at 5am' date=' so it makes sense that 4 or 5 hours later I was starving. Gonna double it up tomorrow and see if that works. I could just make two 8oz shakes but that will be a pain when I am teaching, if I make one 16 oz and drink on it while teaching and I think that will work better, I hope. Now I just have to get my students in culinary to stop bringing me things like Peanut Butter banana bread! Lol[/quote']

I live by the 101 and 7th st but work in Tempe by Az Mills Mall

I have been trying different ready-made Protein Shakes to see if I like them enough to buy them in bulk ( I have to do the 4 shakes a day for 4 weeks diet). I have never had a Protein Shake before, so I didn't want to get stuck with something awful. Also, I wanted to see how long before I get hungry on each one. I have noticed that the ones with higher Protein seem to keep me full longer. I am not trying to mimic the pre-op diet, just replacing an occasional meal or snack. This is all "research" for me, to help me have a smoother transition when I actually do start the pre-op diet.

I have been trying different ready-made Protein shakes to see if I like them enough to buy them in bulk ( I have to do the 4 shakes a day for 4 weeks diet). I have never had a Protein shake before' date=' so I didn't want to get stuck with something awful. Also, I wanted to see how long before I get hungry on each one. I have noticed that the ones with higher protein seem to keep me full longer. I am not trying to mimic the pre-op diet, just replacing an occasional meal or snack. This is all "research" for me, to help me have a smoother transition when I actually do start the pre-op diet.[/quote']

Exactly what I have been doing. Mine is 2 to 3 Protein Shakes a day and one meal of 4oz lean protein, and 1 cup each of non-starchy veg and 1cup fruit...no bananas. You should check out bariatricfoodie.com great Protein Shake recipes! So many yummy flavors and with an ice cream machine can be made into protein ice cream!