Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post Op lots of restriction

Hey all, I am having lots of restriction as if I have a fill. Can't get too much down and vomiting every other day or so. I don't get my first fill till 22nd. Could this still be from swelling? Why am I having this huge restriction? Is something wrong?

What phase of post op diet are you on? If you are introducing soft foods maybe its smaller, slower bites with more chewing?

I'd call your doc to be safe tho and not wait till the 22nd. Vomiting is not a good thing.

What are you eating to cause the vomiting? And is it vomit or PBs?

My swelling didnt go down until the end of my 3rd week. How much are you eating at a time? Is it certain food that causes it? What are you eating phase are you in right now?

yes i would say the swelling is making you (feel) full which is aweseome so enjoy it while you can...

but what is not awesome is the vomiting that you are doing/describing..that should NOT be happening...esp this early on as its dangerous to your new stitches...and if you are eating (it should be soft/mushy as its only 3 weeks since surgery).......taking too big of bites/eating too fast can make one feel kinda unwell, but def not vomiting.....please call your dr and advise them what is happening....and try not to vomit as that is not what is to happen when banded..

What are you eating to cause the vomiting? And is it vomit or PBs?

What's PB? Because it really don't seem like vomit it comes up really easy just won't go down.

Positive Burp I believe. Not sure what it does but it is different than vomit. I am nearly 5 months post op and have almost no restriction after 2cc at surgery and 3 more cc's at fill. 2 and then 1. Hoping for at least 1cc in a couple of weeks. Although not much restriction I have lost about 60 pounds, go figure!

Productive burp. It's when you're able to regurgitate food that is stuck in your pouch or esophagus without the nasty convulsions you usually see with a full blown vomit/hurl episode. We try to avoid PBs but they're much gentler on our band than a hurling episode.

Yes that's what it is...it's not a strain it just comes up with ease. Thank you. I did call my doctor and have my first fill 22nd he thinks I need smaller bits and thinned out a little more and not to try any solids til he see me and 24-48 hours after that first fill.