Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for buddy/mentor Atlanta,ga

I am 24 years old and am 4 days post op from the lap band. I would like to meet someone who is post or pre op with the band. I am in Atlanta,Ga and am looking forward to a new journey.

I am 26 and 4 days post op today! In the Dallas, TX area.

Congrats on your new lap band journey I will be 3 weeks post op on Thursday, so how is everything going for you?

Im 24 and live in brunswick ga I am getting banded sept 10. How was the surgery?

Im 24 and live in brunswick ga I am getting banded sept 10. How was the surgery?

Hello! Congratulations on your lapband journey. I must say that this is the start of a new and improved lifestyle. My pre op days I was nervous, excited, and couldn't believe that I was having surgery. Follow all of your pre op instructions given to you by your surgeon. The day of surgery you might have mixed emotions but stay positive it will all be fine. When you recover your muscles will be weak so you need to walk that is really important and make sure you take your Vitamins and Protein.

Is it normal that I feel more nervous about all the foods ill never get to eat again then the actual surgery? Its mixed emotions of excited and a little depressed at the sane time

Is it normal that I feel more nervous about all the foods ill never get to eat again then the actual surgery? Its mixed emotions of excited and a little depressed at the sane time

Don't think of it that way. While I was losing, I stayed away from certain foods, but always ate something I liked. Mt nutritionist always said to love what you eat, just make it healthier. Now that I am at goal, I eat pretty much anything I want, just a little of it. Don't deprive yourself of taste!

Don't think of it that way. While I was losing' date=' I stayed away from certain foods, but always ate something I liked. Mt nutritionist always said to love what you eat, just make it healthier. Now that I am at goal, I eat pretty much anything I want, just a little of it. Don't deprive yourself of taste![/quote']

I agree with SueBee01, you will enjoy eating healthier because in return you will be healthier and your body will transform and that is the best feeling. You can enjoy food still but instead of purchasing regular ice cream look into sugar free, it tastes good and is less calories.

I am in Peachtree City, GA just south of Atlanta. I am just starting my journey and go to the seminar on the 21st. I talked to my PCP a couple years about the lap band but she wasn't very receptive so I am nervous about bringing it up again but I really need help because I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to work. Good luck to everyone and I hope I will be going through the banding process sooner than later.

I am in Peachtree City' date=' GA just south of Atlanta. I am just starting my journey and go to the seminar on the 21st. I talked to my PCP a couple years about the lap band but she wasn't very receptive so I am nervous about bringing it up again but I really need help because I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to work. Good luck to everyone and I hope I will be going through the banding process sooner than later.[/quote']

Hello congratulations on your journey, the first step is knowing that you want to better yourself become healthier. If I was in your situation I would bring up the lap band surgery to your PCP. With my insurance they also allowed me to get a letter from my gynecologist. I hope all goes well!