Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going for fill number 2 tomorrow...sure hope it helps.

I got my first fill the end of January. I have lost nothing since my first fill. ;) I can eat more than they say I should ( a cup to a cup and a half per meal) but I have been exercising like a fool. I walk 2 miles to an aerobic walking tape and have joined a gym and work out with weights 3 times per week. (I've only been doing the weights for a month) But I thought I'd see *some* loss.

I'm kind of depressed about this. Wondering what the Dr. will say. Wondering if the fill will be as hard this time as it was last time. I was numbed, but he poked me at least 10 times before he found the port. I actually wonder if he found the port since I've noticed NO difference in restriction.

sigh.

Hi Linda -

I just started going to the gym three weeks ago. On the walls they have several "12 Week Challenge" results with photos, bodyfat and weight stats.

Of the four or five they have on the wall, only ONE lost weight! But the body fat percentages went down dramatically for all, and ALL of them were OBVIOUSLY much smaller, compact people than they were before.

We all know the scale lies. But it REALLY REALLY lies to people who have added significant exercise to their lives. I would be shocked if you told me that you are the same SIZE as you were in January, with all the exercise you are doing, and the restriction in your quantity of food that you have.

I understand wanting the scale to move, but confining your feelings of success to that ONE measurement is doing yourself a disservice.

Anyone who seriously relies on NUMBERS to determine their success HAVE to use ALL the numbers! Body fat percentage, measurements, and the scale.

I would hate to see you become ever more restricted when you need those calories to support your exercise/muscle building routine. Remember, a pound of muscle takes up WAAAAY less room than a pound of fat. You are changing your body composition - do not jepordize that success by only looking to the scale for confirmation that you're progressing.

Yes, I like to see my scale moving. But if someone gave me the choice between weighing 135 and being a size 18, or weighing 185 and being a size 10, guess which I'd choose?!?!?

I know I probably have lost some and gained some muscle, that is true. And I also know I have to have some calories coming in for the workouts, esp. Protein.

But I don't feel restricted, not much different from before my first fill. I can eat way too much food. So I think I need another one.

We'll see what the dr. says.

as always Donali you are full of common sense. ;) thank you.

Hi,

Donali does make some valid points and this motivated me to take my measurements. I was working out regularly prior to surgery and took most of the first 6 weeks post-op to recover with only minimal cardio on my schedule. I am now trying to get back to the gym and build up my stamina, indurance and desire again!;)

One tip, if you use Fitday.com to track your food intake... I use the journal (marked as private) to keep track of my measurements. Then they are written down and I can get to them each month for the next measurements and compare the change.

You didn't say how much you got during your first fill? I was still losing weight (though only about 1 pound per week on average) when I got my first fill of 1cc, but the doctor agreed that it was OK because I could eat more than the 1-1/2 cup of food at each meal and I was also getting hungry between meals even though I was following the band rules about Protein first and no drinking with or after meals.

Good luck.

I had stopped losing weight after the first month or so, and didn't get my fill til January. I got 1 cc put in. But he had such a hard time finding the port I wonder if he didn't get it in because I've felt no change.

I have used fitday before and it's a very good site. I'm supposed to get my measurements and a body fat analysis tomorrow at the gym, so we'll see if anything has changed there. :) Hope so!

Well, the dr. said I didn't have 1 cc in my band. He said that some might have come out when he injected it the last time. So he put in 1 cc and now I have a total of about 1.5 cc.

So that explains the level of non restriction I had.

We'll see how this goes....

I got weighed and measured at the gym last night.

My weight was the same. My measurements were all a little higher than last time (1/4 inch, 1/2 inch) except for my arms, where I lost 1/2 inch. My bodyfat went from 42 to 41.

Not great results. I haven't been "dieting" per se. I was hoping with the band I wouldn't have to do the rabbit food thing. But not being very restricted didn't help... and I feel more restricted now, but not sure if this is "it".

I feel like things get stuck more often, and I've pb'd 2 times. I have to force myself to eat even more slowly. I feel stuck more than I feel full.

Originally posted by Lindaloo

I feel like things get stuck more often, and I've pb'd 2 times. I have to force myself to eat even more slowly. I feel stuck more than I feel full.

You will have to learn to eat even more slowly. Take big pauses between bites and chew each one very thoroughly. As you learn these habits you will find that more and more the sensation you're having is fullness, not stuck-ness.

It takes some time and practice, indeed, but when it works it's fantastic!!