Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cosmetic Surgery Consult Today - Now Confused!

So I had my first plastic surgery consultation today to discuss the excess skin on my stomach mostly, but I also brought up a breast lift and an arm lift. The doctor explained to me that there would be 3 separate surgeries for those procedures. I was under the impression that at least a couple could be done at one time, so now I am confused as to whether I was wrong or whether the doctor gets more money that way. I know that is a horrible way to think, but that was the first thing I thought of. I really don't want to have 3 separate recoveries for each of the surgeries, but I am guessing I will have to have at least two separate ones. Any thoughts?

I know that there have been a number of people on here who have had what is sometimes referred to as a mummy makeover which is breast and tummy at the same time, I believe it is quite common - why dont you google mummy makeover and surgeons in your area? I would say that due to blood flow issues they may try to avoid doing your arms and breast lift at the same time, but I know a lot of people have breast and tummy done at the same time. I would say that post op will be a b*tch but it will be all over at once rather than having 2 lots of down time.

I thought I had read somewhere on this forum that someone had two surgical procedures done at the same time.

I believe you can have both breast lift and Tummy Tuck together, but many think it is a bit much. I would not recommend arms at the same time. The latter two are tough. My PS says the arms are the worst!

Get a second opinion. The surgeon may not get more money doing it on two separate occasions but the hospital sure will!

It might be a safety issue as well? Definitely can't hurt to get a second opinion.My BF had a Gastric bypass and then had all her procedures at once. TT, Breast augment and arms. but she was friends with her surgeon so that might have made the difference I don't know. Good luck with your surgeries!

I can only dream about the day my "girls" aren't looking due south :(

I just got my own consult for a tt, breast lift and augmentation and arm lift as well. I am getting all procedures done at the same time. My doc limits it to 8 hrs of operation for health/safety. So if you have a lot of work to be done in each area..that may require additional surgical time. But if not, than 3 separate procedures is money extortion if you ask me. Message me...I'd love to know more about your consult and what you are getting done

So I had my first plastic surgery consultation today to discuss the excess skin on my stomach mostly' date=' but I also brought up a breast lift and an arm lift. The doctor explained to me that there would be 3 separate surgeries for those procedures. I was under the impression that at least a couple could be done at one time, so now I am confused as to whether I was wrong or whether the doctor gets more money that way. I know that is a horrible way to think, but that was the first thing I thought of. I really don't want to have 3 separate recoveries for each of the surgeries, but I am guessing I will have to have at least two separate ones. Any thoughts?[/quote']

I had a Tummy Tuck and arm lift in the same procedure. It was a tough recovery but I'm glad I did them as part of one surgery.

I went to many consultations before I picked which dr I decided to use and I will tell you it was worth the investment. Everyone i saw said they don't like to do the upper body at the same time as the lower body, it's physically hard. Not saying they wouldn't but they preferred not to. Don't jump at the first dr and research it to death. You have to do what is best for you and remember you want a dr that has done many band patients. Go with a list of questions because when you get in there it can be overwhelming and you don't want to miss anything. After I got my band I started Pilates on the reformer, my dr was shocked at how quick my TT healed and how I was in target shopping the first week! If you need some questions to ask just let me know I would be more than happy to send you a list.

Thanks for all the responses! This is such an overwhelming process, and I have to admit the answers I got from the surgeon yesterday were not the answers I was expecting or prepared for. Additionally, it sounds like he charges $9,000 for an arm lift and $7,000 for a breast lift without an implant. Implants are $7,000 as well, but if you get a lift and implant there is a deal you can get. Who knows what that is. I may go there for my Tummy Tuck and then look around for other places to get the arm and breast lift. I know that plastic surgery is not something you want to find the lowest price for, but I just feel like that amount is a little extreme. Maybe I haven't done enough research to know though!

What state are you in? I had just the Tummy Tuck self pay and I paid 8500.00 my dr is ranked in the top 3 in the country. My dr refuses to do arms until they perfect the surgery since the scar goes Dow to the elbow. Everyone has opinions but also check with the plastic surgery boards and see what. They have to say.

I live in Illinois and I am HOPING that since I have had some skin infections and things like that, that insurance will pay for my Tummy Tuck. I know that is a stretch, but I have pretty good insurance that covers a tummy tuck with preauthorization and I have been to the doctor a few times in the past 6 months to discuss the stomach issues. If I have to wait to have it, that is fine with me. I still have weight I want to lose. Where did you have yours done?

hey EV.... you have gotten some really great advice. I would deff.. got get other opinions. When i started to my research on the TT and breast reduction. I really wanted to have them done at the same time and my PS will do them... but i read and read and read and most every one said... don't do them at the same time because the TT is sooooo painful. So i didn't go with my gut and only had the TT done. I soooo regret that choice. Now this is just my experience ... but, my TT was what i would consider ... almost pain free. I compared it to the pain i had when i had my two boy via Section. If i had known that i would have done them both at the same time.

My total for the tt.... this is everything... doctor, rn, operating room, hospital one night stay, compression garment, meds and a year of follow up.... $8800.00

It has been 16 months since my tt and i have to say, i had the best experience and over-the-top excited with my results. This year... i will be wearing a bikini to the beach for the first time in over 20 years....

i wish you all the luck....

North Carolina I was told I needed to be within 10 lbs of my goal, and I can understand that cause it will give you the best results. Keep me posted and again fell free to ask me anything :)

I am so jealous! I am 30 from goal ad want a tt and BA so bad I can hardly wait.