Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's going on at Slimband

I can't answer your question, but I would like to ask you one. What is slimband if you don't mind me asking?

It is the name of one of the clinics offering the proceedure in Canada. It is the same band as the rest as far as I know.

Hi! Yes' date=' SmartShape is SWLC... They rebranded. I had Dr Cobourn perform the procedure. He is a lovely dr....[/quote']

Thanks so much glad your doing well, lost this thread for awhile so I didn't see the answer do you know what he banded you with?

LMB when is your surgery?

Are you in the Toronto area?

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss; 156 lbs

Hi, I am scheduled for Friday the 21st. They need my ECG results back though.

I am travelling there from Ottawa.

LMB when is your surgery?

Are you in the Toronto area?

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss; 156 lbs

Wow' date=' that sounds crazy! It also sounds like what happened at the CIBO CLINIC. I was scheduled for surgery with them and they went bankrupt and closed the doors without giving much notification. Thankfully they did not get any from me. Hopefully this is not the case with Slimband.

Slimband is just another "banding" company. They don't use the "lap band" trademark....

I'm currently in Pre-op diet for my lap band with SMARTSHAPE my procedure is next Friday! Getting nervous now.... I'm trying my best to stick to the diet and have dropped 8-9 pounds this last week! Hopefully my liver will be in great shape.[/quote']

How did you like the smart shape clinic? I'm booked for aug 28th.. I'm really nervous cause I'm traveling from Alberta and will pay them the full amount before I even get out there.

How did you like the smart shape clinic? I'm booked for aug 28th.. I'm really nervous cause I'm traveling from Alberta and will pay them the full amount before I even get out there.

I really like it. The staff was friendly and very informative. Dr C is also great. Her called me personally the day after to answer any questions and make sure I'm doing ok. The nurses and surgical team were great and also informative about the process. There's webinars and they always respond to any emails I have sent. Only problem we had was the elevator breaking down when I was being released. Poor nurses had to make sure I got down the stairs in one piece! It made me laugh :)

Hi, I am booked for Smart Shape as well. My surgery date is in September. Don't be nervous, it is a really nice clinic in Mississauga and My Family doctor (of almost 30 years) knows the Surgeon there and says he is great. I am sure you will like the clinic!

Hi everyone,

I am really considering lap band surgery. I do live in Ottawa so my options for what I've been able to see are Slimband or Smartshape. I found the information for the Dr, that does the fills for Slimband here in Ottawa but can't find the information for Smartshape. Would anyone be able to recommend Smartshape over Slimband?

thanks,

E

Hi, welcome. I am also in Ottawa.

I went with Slimband, and there is a fill nurse in Ottawa who is wonderful also.

I didn't hear of Smartshape until after, but have read good things about the Dr.

Good Luck!

Hi everyone,

I am really considering lap band surgery. I do live in Ottawa so my options for what I've been able to see are Slimband or Smartshape. I found the information for the Dr, that does the fills for Slimband here in Ottawa but can't find the information for Smartshape. Would anyone be able to recommend Smartshape over Slimband?

thanks,

E

Thanks LessLee! I had my consultation call this afternoon with slimband and will try to see of I can talk to someone at smartshape this weekend. How are you doing after the surgery?

That's great! I'd love to hear what you think of both. Please keep in touch if you like. I am hoping to gather some bander's in the area for a support coffee group or something. :)

I am doing fine thanks! I am working with the nurse to find my sweet spot.

Thanks LessLee! I had my consultation call this afternoon with slimband and will try to see of I can talk to someone at smartshape this weekend. How are you doing after the surgery?

Hi Lesslee - I had a consultation with Dr Coburn yesterday and it went great. The call pretty much convinced me to go with SmartShape. I am hoping that my finances work out this coming week and then I can schedule my surgery.

How is it going? Are you doing well with the lapband? Are you feeling ok with it? How does the eating work? Sorry I know I have a lot of questions.

I'm not really receiving a lot of support from my friends. My friends like to remind me that its surgery and that something could happen, etc. I don't understand why this scares them, but diabetes and other weight related illnesses don't. I pretty much only work with guys so I'm not comfortable telling them about it. My parents are very supportive though :)

Hope things are going well!

Hi!

Oh that's great! Good luck on your upcoming procedure and new life! I wish I knew of Smart Shape before, I would have compared the 2.

I am doing well thank you. I am trying to find the sweet spot which I think is close, and I have not had any real troubles eating. Nothing I can't handle. Since my last fill I do have to be more careful with chicken though.

Please feel free to ask me anything.

My only support is my mother and husband in real life as I have not told anyone else. I just didn't want their opinions or them watching me. So I know what you mean.

My mother is great, my husband is really non-existent in terms of support. He isn't UN supportive, just not one I can talk to really.

Hi Lesslee - I had a consultation with Dr Coburn yesterday and it went great. The call pretty much convinced me to go with SmartShape. I am hoping that my finances work out this coming week and then I can schedule my surgery.

How is it going? Are you doing well with the lapband? Are you feeling ok with it? How does the eating work? Sorry I know I have a lot of questions.

I'm not really receiving a lot of support from my friends. My friends like to remind me that its surgery and that something could happen, etc. I don't understand why this scares them, but diabetes and other weight related illnesses don't. I pretty much only work with guys so I'm not comfortable telling them about it. My parents are very supportive though :)

Hope things are going well!

Hi Lesslee

I thought I would drop a note to ask if you every found enough people for a support coffee group? I also only told my husband and can only talk to him, I think his ears are getting tired of listening to me. I was banded in June 2013 like you and have loss 30 lbs now and I am work out like crazy. I joined a tough love Challenge at the gym and boy is it work. I see you are also doing a lot of working out. Great! I live in Montreal. So maybe it would be nice to meet up sometime in the future.

Hi! I have talked to about 2-3 people in the area. Although, I do not know the city well enough to pick a place that is sort of central, (I am far out in the West end in the country).

Wow keep up the great work! I am happy to stay in touch and hopefully soon have a meet up.

Hi Lesslee

I thought I would drop a note to ask if you every found enough people for a support coffee group? I also only told my husband and can only talk to him, I think his ears are getting tired of listening to me. I was banded in June 2013 like you and have loss 30 lbs now and I am work out like crazy. I joined a tough love Challenge at the gym and boy is it work. I see you are also doing a lot of working out. Great! I live in Montreal. So maybe it would be nice to meet up sometime in the future.