Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

★ No fill is a good fill! ★

So i went to my surgeon's today. It's been exactly one calendar month since surgery ;-) . Anyway, so i went I'm and am down 5lb from mutt post op appt 2.5 weeks ago and 15lb down from the morning of surgery. I have been dressing the fill as i feel that i am still learning to live with my band/enforcer every day and didn't want another change just yet. But before i had a chance to put I'm my opinion on a possible fill, he asked me all the right questions and made the decision (with my obvious blessing) that i didn't need a full yet. To be honest, since day one, I've never experienced "bandster hell". I am not hungry per say and most of the time find myself reading just to get the Protein in. I'm going that when i see my nutritionalist next week that she will decrease my protein goal. But I feel I'm doing good on my own with my empty band and am going i stay that way though.who knows if I'll need a

Ooopppps. Who knows if ill need a full next time but today I'm happy! !!!

I am loosing an pretty much staying satisfied was. Banded April 2 so I am kinda wondering the same question if I really need another fill at this point.

I was banded Aug 14th and fills go with the surgery. Getting a fill is the same as tightening your belt so the pants you wore last month won't fall off next month. You aren't gonna keep wearing the same old pants are you?? I hope you can accept that with smaller clothes come smaller bands...

I absolutely understand and pretty much expect that I will need a fill one day (perhaps sooner than later), but at this moment, I concider myself to be essentially I'm the green zone as I know it... so at this stage in the game i was thankful not to mess with a good thing. I am certain I could tolerate any food i throw at my band as nothing as given me problems (to afraid to try steak yet). The only thing stopping me from eating a sandwich with the bead our a bowl of Pasta is me and i like it that way! When the time comes that i get hungry or start feeling like i need to snack, then i will be more than willing to get a fill then. My thought is that at 4.5 weeks out, I'm still learning to live with my band and eat slowly/chew. At this point, i have absolutely no restriction...but i don't think it's about restriction or hard stops or soft stops, i just know to stop at my alotted amount and then a i realize I'm satisfied. The reason i stop eating is me....I know the band's working for me because there is way 1/2c if food could have satisfied me for 4+hrs on my own. But i am not afraid of getting a fill except for the fact that the tighter the band, the higher complication rate from what I've read.

Sorry if that sounded bitchy.... want intended to be. I just am so unsure of everything... all i know it's that everyone's story is different but we all have one common goal:long term success!

I absolutely understand and pretty much expect that I will need a fill one day (perhaps sooner than later), but at this moment, I concider myself to be essentially I'm the green zone as I know it... so at this stage in the game i was thankful not to mess with a good thing. I am certain I could tolerate any food i throw at my band as nothing as given me problems (to afraid to try steak yet). The only thing stopping me from eating a sandwich with the bead our a bowl of Pasta is me and i like it that way! When the time comes that i get hungry or start feeling like i need to snack, then i will be more than willing to get a fill then. My thought is that at 4.5 weeks out, I'm still learning to live with my band and eat slowly/chew. At this point, i have absolutely no restriction...but i don't think it's about restriction or hard stops or soft stops, i just know to stop at my alotted amount and then a i realize I'm satisfied. The reason i stop eating is me....I know the band's working for me because there is way 1/2c if food could have satisfied me for 4+hrs on my own. But i am not afraid of getting a fill except for the fact that the tighter the band, the higher complication rate from what I've read.

I felt this same way as you. I had an empty band and a (relatively) slow loss but I was pleased with my loss. I felt restriction even with the empty band and stuck to my prescribed portions. I did not want to get a fill, but at the same time if I didn't, my surgeon would have seen me as a non-compliant patient. (He's a bit of a jerk anyway.) I specifically ask the radiologist doing my fill for a "small" fill....like 2 ccs in my 10 cc band.

He did 4 ccs, saying really I should have had 5.

And today I am completely nauseous. I had to stay home from work, in fact.

I sense I'm one of those people who are very sensitive to restriction and I should have listened to my instincts rather than trying to comply with the surgeon's orders. If I'm still ill tomorrow, I'm going to get some or all of the fill taken out. I don't care if I'm only losing 2 pounds a week---that's fine by me. That's 2 pounds a week with no hunger or cravings....and, more importantly, no nausea!

I was banded Aug 14th and fills go with the surgery. Getting a fill is the same as tightening your belt so the pants you wore last month won't fall off next month. You aren't gonna keep wearing the same old pants are you?? I hope you can accept that with smaller clothes come smaller bands...

Love the analogy...I've been struggling with the idea of a fill and this really helps.