Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey Starting With Pre Op Diet

Today is day 2. My biggest incision hurts when I sit and when I get up feels like I'm going to burst it open. I'm scared I'm going to hurt something also no bending that hurts a lot the other incisions don't even feel them

Happy one week anniversary we did it! I am sorry for all the drama that is surrounding you right now but try to take it easy. I will pray for the children that lost their mom. My incisions are not itchy yet but I know they will soon. I wish I can use my fitness pal on my phone but it uses a lot of storage space I really need to update my phone but I have a Nook so I been using the lose it app for now. I can't believe we are a week out! Congrats to us

Thank you, same to you!!! I can't believe we are already going on the 10th day. Thanks for the support I really just had to get that off my mind. My prayers are also with the three kids and family. Your lucky they don't itch yet, because I just want to scratch them so bad until they bleed...lol... Ok not that bad...ouch!!! Is that lose it app a good one? I got some walking in on the treadmill today. Have you lost any weight since surgery? Mine has been slow. Congrats to all of us new bandsters!!!

Today is day 2. My biggest incision hurts when I sit and when I get up feels like I'm going to burst it open. I'm scared I'm going to hurt something also no bending that hurts a lot the other incisions don't even feel them

That was the incision that bothered me the most to, the other one is the one right below my breast in the middle, I'm guessing that's the hernia repair one for me. I have coughed, sneezed, and even had my son push on my abdomen and my incisions seem to be healing good, but I know that feeling of feeling like it was going to rip open. Your doing an awesome job!!!

Today I felt great. I was able to get some cleaning done around the house. I also got 10 minutes on the treadmill. I still have asthma attacks especially when moving around more, it's also hard to catch my breath sometimes. My pain is all gone. I even slept on my side. Still trying to follow the doctors advise and not lift anything over 15 pounds which includes my son :( . I'm still 254 hoping to drop more weight soon. I'm hoping I can be at 248 by my next dr appt on the 16th. I'm going shopping on Tuesday for my next stage the mushy foods. I have cream of wheat, skim milk, sweat potatoes, pudding, and mashed potatoes. Does anyone have anymore suggestions? I want to be able to get more Protein than carbs and do not want to gain weight from the change in diet.

Greek yogurt , lf cottage cheese.and I think tuna is in your mushi diet along with cream of chicken Soup

Day 3 had to run some earnings. It was ok I got tired easy. Went to dr he said everything ok went out with friends and family to eat I had Soup broth off curse. Slept a little better is not the pain is that I'm used to sleep on my side and still can't the back of my head hurts from sleeping on my back with like 3 pillows

Haven't heard from you for a while .hoping you both doing fine. Looking forward for any of your updates. Finally after Breakfast (hot tea) took my Vitamins then took a nap that nap was very good I slept like 4 hours and it felt good woke up rested no pain only when bending. Now back to doing laundry then going for a walk. Laters... Hoping to hear from you. Take care....

Greek yogurt ' date=' lf cottage cheese.and I think tuna is in your mushi diet along with cream of chicken soup[/quote']

Thank you. I'm adding these to my shopping list.

Day 3 had to run some earnings. It was ok I got tired easy. Went to dr he said everything ok went out with friends and family to eat I had Soup broth off curse. Slept a little better is not the pain is that I'm used to sleep on my side and still can't the back of my head hurts from sleeping on my back with like 3 pillows

Wow your doing awesome. I know that feeling of the back of my head hurting and my back. You will soon be able to sleep on your side I promise. I slept like a baby last night on my side. It was weird the first time I attempted to, but it didn't hurt so I was like ok I can do this YAY!!!

Haven't heard from you for a while .hoping you both doing fine. Looking forward for any of your updates. Finally after breakfast (hot tea) took my Vitamins then took a nap that nap was very good I slept like 4 hours and it felt good woke up rested no pain only when bending. Now back to doing laundry then going for a walk. Laters... Hoping to hear from you. Take care....

You are a busy lady. Your recovery has been going good. Wow I have completely forgot to take my vitamins for several days. I really need to get a pill box and put it right by my shake mix.

On Friday I had to go to the ER. I couldn't breath and I had already had issues with walking around and trying to catch my breath. My oxygen levels were low so they took a bunch of blood and performed several test, did an x-ray, put me on oxygen, and then took more blood to run some test to see if I have bad gasses in my blood which could be a blood clot. Anyways the test came back positive so they started treating me with these shots for blood clots and were telling me that I would be in the hospital for a few days and did I want to be at that hospital or the army one and I was like what the hell is going on what do you mean a blood clot and staying in the hospital a few days. So then they poke me some more with an IV needle that is the wrong size and then had to poke me again on my other arm with a different IV needle. I then had and CT scan and it came back with no blood clots in my lungs. So then they decided they were going to send me home with a oxygen tank, but my insurance won't cover it unless I have a study done to have it sent to my house. So then they did a breathing treatment on me and decided to release me. Now I have to call my physician Monday to get an appt to get a study done to get oxygen just so I can breath better, which I they still have no idea why my oxygen levels dropped. After 10 hours at the hospital. I was wondering why I always felt winded. Anyways besides all that drama I am down to 252 which is 18 pounds. I'm trying to get to 248 by the time I see the dr on the 16th. I want to exercise, but now I have to cut that out until I can get oxygen. My pain is gone and I can sleep on my bed on my side so that is all good news. On the 15 is two weeks since my surgery so I don't know if I should start mushies then or the next day after I see my dr?

Happy Mother's Day to you. But I am glad you are okay. I would call your dr tomorrow to see what is going on with you. I don't have problems breathing but I think I have some type of mucus around my band. I am trying to cough it up but nothing is coming out it feels funny. Hang in there girl and keep us updated.

On Friday I had to go to the ER. I couldn't breath and I had already had issues with walking around and trying to catch my breath. My oxygen levels were low so they took a bunch of blood and performed several test, did an x-ray, put me on oxygen, and then took more blood to run some test to see if I have bad gasses in my blood which could be a blood clot. Anyways the test came back positive so they started treating me with these shots for blood clots and were telling me that I would be in the hospital for a few days and did I want to be at that hospital or the army one and I was like what the hell is going on what do you mean a blood clot and staying in the hospital a few days. So then they poke me some more with an IV needle that is the wrong size and then had to poke me again on my other arm with a different IV needle. I then had and CT scan and it came back with no blood clots in my lungs. So then they decided they were going to send me home with a oxygen tank, but my insurance won't cover it unless I have a study done to have it sent to my house. So then they did a breathing treatment on me and decided to release me. Now I have to call my physician Monday to get an appt to get a study done to get oxygen just so I can breath better, which I they still have no idea why my oxygen levels dropped. After 10 hours at the hospital. I was wondering why I always felt winded. Anyways besides all that drama I am down to 252 which is 18 pounds. I'm trying to get to 248 by the time I see the dr on the 16th. I want to exercise, but now I have to cut that out until I can get oxygen. My pain is gone and I can sleep on my bed on my side so that is all good news. On the 15 is two weeks since my surgery so I don't know if I should start mushies then or the next day after I see my dr?

On Friday I had to go to the ER. I couldn't breath and I had already had issues with walking around and trying to catch my breath. My oxygen levels were low so they took a bunch of blood and performed several test' date=' did an x-ray, put me on oxygen, and then took more blood to run some test to see if I have bad gasses in my blood which could be a blood clot. Anyways the test came back positive so they started treating me with these shots for blood clots and were telling me that I would be in the hospital for a few days and did I want to be at that hospital or the army one and I was like what the hell is going on what do you mean a blood clot and staying in the hospital a few days. So then they poke me some more with an IV needle that is the wrong size and then had to poke me again on my other arm with a different IV needle. I then had and CT scan and it came back with no blood clots in my lungs. So then they decided they were going to send me home with a oxygen tank, but my insurance won't cover it unless I have a study done to have it sent to my house. So then they did a breathing treatment on me and decided to release me. Now I have to call my physician Monday to get an appt to get a study done to get oxygen just so I can breath better, which I they still have no idea why my oxygen levels dropped. After 10 hours at the hospital. I was wondering why I always felt winded. Anyways besides all that drama I am down to 252 which is 18 pounds. I'm trying to get to 248 by the time I see the dr on the 16th. I want to exercise, but now I have to cut that out until I can get oxygen. My pain is gone and I can sleep on my bed on my side so that is all good news. On the 15 is two weeks since my surgery so I don't know if I should start mushies then or the next day after I see my dr?[/quote']

I am sorry that you are having to go through all of this... My dr said to not advance stages without his approval, but that's mine so I can't really say what yours would say. I hope that things get easier for you!!!

My doctor has you see the nutritionist first if nutricionist says its ok. Then you advance. But for me is 1 month clear liquid then 1 month full liquid then 1 month muchies