Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kansas City area anyone???

Anyone fron the area use Weight Lose Surgical Center for their surgery? If so what was your experience like? Thanks in advance!

I went to Malley's and really liked it. I had Dr. Fearing, and she was great!

Anyone fron the area use Weight Lose Surgical Center for their surgery? If so what was your experience like? Thanks in advance!

I seen a post a while back that someone that had gone there and had my old surgeon as hers. Dr. C. Thomas Hitchcock who was with Malley and did my lapband. I really liked him and I did real well with him. I've read good and bad post regarding Weight Loss Surgical Center and can't say what their policy is, but know their fills are more expensive. Do make sure that they check your band occasionally. Malley's NP, who started to do my fills after Dr. H left, didn't have mine checked and just did blind fills. It wasn't until I switched doctors, for personal reasons, that I found mine had slipped. They could have put my life in danger by not doing this because I've not had any issues at all. Had I not seen the band I still wouldn't believe it had slipped. So new doctor is getting approval from insurance for "urgent removal". So make sure wherever you go, just to have your band checked. Just my thoughts.

Sorry to hear that! I do not care for her NP either, and you are not the first person who has said this. I wonder why she is still there if so many are unhappy with her. My doctor told me to only see her from now on.

Sorry to hear that! I do not care for her NP either, and you are not the first person who has said this. I wonder why she is still there if so many are unhappy with her. My doctor told me to only see her from now on.

Thank you. When they told me Dr. H. was no longer there, they did give me the option of either Dr. Malley, Dr. Fearing, or Karen. Because of my work schedule and days off it was easier to get in with Karen, thinking she was working under the two them and giving the same treatment as they would. Why they don't get rid of her is because that is all she does is fills which brings in about $160 if not more every 15 minutes. Not bad for a few cc's of saline. But in some ways I blame the clinic. I was never educated on not what to do to avoid my situation since a slipped band is common. Actually still don't know, but whatever caused it was probably my fault. Now another surgery for removal, which is not a choice but a must, then three months of weight management (with me not an issue), then another surgery for the RNY. I don't know if Dr. Fearing does blind fills, and if she does that is okay, but stay on top of it and not be afraid to ask them to check the band under fluroscope (sp). It might just avoid a lot of complications later, especially if you never have any issues like me and never realized it occurred. Also an FYI, I love my band and very sad it has to come out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches