Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WeightWatchers Smart Ones?

Hi all! Iv'e been loading up on these single portion frozen Entrees. Never thought I'd like them or never be enough portion to satisfy me but they are pretty good. Cheap too at Wal-Mart for $1.98. Lots of different varities too. Any opinions on these? 5 wks. post-op. thanks :)

I encourage you to read the nutrition label on any product you purchase, so that you are aware of everything included on the list of ingredients. Focus on the Protein and carb content of those meals to decide if the product has enough Protein and not an excessive amount of carbs.

Carbs are hidden everywhere, and as bandsters we should be aware of how much and what type of carbs we are eating. Chemical additives belong in a science lab, not in my meal.

That's just my opinion. Just like with kid's meals, I basically find them to be lacking on protein and excessive in carbs.

I prefer to incorporate unprocessed foods into my diet. You know what you are eating and can control both the portion size and choose healthier carbs.

I encourage you to read the nutrition label on any product you purchase, so that you are aware of everything included on the list of ingredients. Focus on the Protein and carb content of those meals to decide if the product has enough Protein and not an excessive amount of carbs.

Carbs are hidden everywhere, and as bandsters we should be aware of how much and what type of carbs we are eating. Chemical additives belong in a science lab, not in my meal.

That's just my opinion. Just like with kid's meals, I basically find them to be lacking on protein and excessive in carbs.

I prefer to incorporate unprocessed foods into my diet. You know what you are eating and can control both the portion size and choose healthier carbs.

Hi Carole, I noticed your list of fills. I just got my first fill this week - 6 weeks post op. I got 5cc into a 14 cc band. I was wondering re your fills, why the first was 4 months out and then the rest a month apart? So far i don't feel any difference with the fill. Which is a little disappointing to me. I would like a little elp.

I agree with sojouner; after looking at the labels, I determined not for me. Besides, it really is too much food for me. Karen

Watch the sodium

wendy

Wendy's right. Those frozen meals...even the 'diet' ones are often very high in sodium.

I have one or two of these a week myself and I do like the smart ones over lean cuisine. Just be aware that most of these are slider foods, so they just slide through your pouch without giving you the satiety a normal fresh meal would give you. You may feel satisfied for a shorter period of time.

And yes, the sodium and carb counts are sky high so be careful. There are a couple that are lower in carbs but for the most part they're all too high in salt and carbs.

tmf

Hi all. Ya I don't "survive" off them but for a quick, easy, an cheap meal at suppertime they seem like a good choice on occassion. Here's what the carton says on the one I eat most; 250 cal. 5 gr. total fat 460 mg. sodium 39 gr. total carbs. 9 g. sugar an 14 g. Protein. They DO seem to satisfy my appetite so is that still considered a "slider" food? thanks :)

Slider food will only give you satiety for about 1-2 hrs.imo

So, if you're good for 3 or more hours you're fine. I think I look more for the low glycemic index type meals. I love the enchilada suiza but it's mostly carbs so I don't eat many of them. The turkey with green Beans is very low in carbs and low GI.

Hi all. Ya I don't "survive" off them but for a quick' date=' easy, an cheap meal at suppertime they seem like a good choice on occassion. Here's what the carton says on the one I eat most; 250 cal. 5 gr. total fat 460 mg. sodium 39 gr. total carbs. 9 g. sugar an 14 g. Protein. They DO seem to satisfy my appetite so is that still considered a "slider" food? thanks :)[/quote']

I'm like you, I definitely don't live on them but I do like them once in awhile.

I don't do the whole low carb thing so I don't care what their carb count is anyway. The only thing I am aware of is sodium, hence why I only have them occasionally not daily.

However I do watch fat intake and they are all lower in fat, so that is good.

I actually find them very filling, too. It's rare I can even finish an entire one. Plus it's a nice variety once in awhile.

I eat these a few times per week and they fill me up. They always have coupons on their web site as well.

I'm single work odd hours and hate cooking so I have lived off these frozen meals.....I think they are perfect portion size for me and I think a lot of them are very yummy! I don't pay attention to the carbs and all that .....I know I'm eating way less then I ever did and I'm happy to say I've lost 110lbs in less then a year and haven't even started exercising yet so I say do whatever satisfies you :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

nothing wrong with these items as every so oftens.....being processed, it has alot of sodium and other preservatives...

yep Klogue, thats kind of how I look at it too. Im eating smaller portions that seem to satisfy me an eating far healthier than I ever did before, And not to good around the kitchen either! :( Had the three cheese baked ziti one last night n a small apple with PB for dessert. :)