Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port want to come out stabbing pain

Hi I'm ten days post op and the sharp pain is only when I lay down and it's in the last couple of days. That's on the inside by port and on the outside its a burning sensation on the skin. Is my port trying to come out, is my body rejecting it? Last night it was intolerable until my husband helped lift me from the position I was in. I see my surgeon on Thursday, it seems so far way. I'm beginning to get concerned. :(

Sent from my iPhone using LapBand

You are still healing. The port area is the last to heal. Did you do something that may have stretched or hurt that area? I made the mistake of lifting a small box and (as usual) using my belly to support my carrying it. OOOh! did I ever hurt and had to readjust that situation. Take care! Heal well. best wishes, karen

thank you kll724 I hope its just a lack of healing yet. It does happen when Im doing something like stretching or moving while lying down :(

I feel ya! I'm 12 days post-op and the stabby pain just receded as of yesterday. I still feel it if I roll over on that side of my stomach without being careful (I've got a roll a certain way to avoid triggering the pain) but I can tell things are getting better. This is my last incision to still be reddish, which makes sense.

Everyday it will be a little bit better!

My stabbing pain is getting worst. I didn't sleep last night. My husband suggested I take some Percocets but its not constant pain but it's becoming more frequent. It's Monday so that's a consolation, if I get sick all the medical people should be at work. It feels like something it's trying to push its way out of my skin from the inside :(

give your doctor a call - doesnt hurt to make a call and at least speak to a nurse?

doing that right now.

You are still healing. The port area is the last to heal. Did you do something that may have stretched or hurt that area? I made the mistake of lifting a small box and (as usual) using my belly to support my carrying it. OOOh! did I ever hurt and had to readjust that situation. Take care! Heal well. best wishes, karen

What are the rules of lifting after this surgery? I don't believe they covered that in all of my classes. Just carrying in grocery bags from the market can be a tremendous amount of weight, unless they're taken in one by one. I don't want to create any issues, and would like to know the protocol.

I would wait at lest 2 weeks before lifting more than 5 pounds.

Feeling a little better after speaking to my doctor. He said that if the incisions are getting better on the outside ( which the are) then it doesn't sounds like I just pulled a muscle from moving around. I'm hoping he's right.