Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How in the world can you get 64oz of water in?

I was banded on 2/28 and had my first fill yesterday (3cc'). How can you get 64 oz's in? I can't seem to get, but half of that in a day and I know I need to get all of them. Any advice? I feel like I sip all day long already.

Kiley... don't stress of it.... Water is in every thing... coffee, tea, food.... just do your best.

I felt the same way it took me over a month or two. Now I can drink more than 64 oz. You will get there just continue to sip throught the day.

I started sssslllllloooooowwwww on drinking. It took me forever to get to my 90oz. 9 months out I drink a lot, but it took a good 4-5 months for me to get to that level.

I keep a tervis Water bottle with me at all times. I always have ice Water, some times I add Crystal Light flavor or Propel flavor, sometime plain. I sip all day long and I pee all day long.

So just start where you can and work your way up. You will get there once you learn and your body learn that water is good. Now my body craves it.

just drink when thirsty and when you think you are hungry...it adds up... you probably take in more than you realize as bayou posted...I drink all day and the long walks to the bathroom here at work (74 steps one way) help me. ....

I know I am not getting enough, because I have worked all day today and I have sipped all day and I have peed twice. I think it will get easier. I was filled 3cc yesterday for the first time, so I am sure that has made it harder. Thanks for all the comments!

I was banded on 2/28 and had my first fill yesterday (3cc'). How can you get 64 oz's in? I can't seem to get' date=' but half of that in a day and I know I need to get all of them. Any advice? I feel like I sip all day long already.[/quote']

Kileybug34..Omg! You said it...I have 3cc in my band...boy I'm so far from 64oz...shut the front door...lol...help

I find if I don't dwell on the amount it makes it that much easier. I tend to drink way to much Decaf coffee but at least it has Water in it. LOL

True..lol I like unsweet tea and that seems to go down better than the Water. Guess I will just keep trying and not stress about it.

I find if I don't dwell on the amount it makes it that much easier. I tend to drink way to much Decaf coffee but at least it has water in it. LOL

I wake up and drink 16oz right away. Then 16 more when I get to work. And 32oz before and after a workout. And 16oz before (and usually after) a meal also. I don't plan it, but it has become habit. If I only get 64oz a day (because I'm busy at work or something), I feel TERRIBLE. I flavor it with mio, or count tea as my intake also. I don't count coffee but I suppose I could. I have special cups that I use and I fill and gulp constantly! Every time I'm hungry I drink also, and half the time I find I was really just thirsty. I get 80-160oz a day usually.

Once I started soft foods it got much easier to drink Water (which is probably a reason my weight loss slowed at the same time).

Just keep Water handy and sip regularly.

For me, the container that I drink out of makes a difference. It may sound silly, but if I drink a regular bottle of Water, I tend to drink less. When I put water in a thermas or big cup with a bigger opening, I drink way more. I can't explain why. Maybe taking bigger drinks with a bigger opening. I also put sliced apples and cinnamon sticks in my water. This gives it just a hint of flavor and is "supposed" to help with metabolism and weight loss. I like it, so why not. I don't count ounces, but just like the others, you can tell because you pee constantly (which is annoying) but it makes the pounds come off a little faster! Good luck

I like to drink unsweetened Decaf tea during the da and Water at night or during a workout. Does decaf tea dehydrate us? I can drink 64oz of tea and I'm still not running to the restroom... I just get so tired of water and I'm not big on the Mio's or Crystal light add-ins... :(

Diet Coke was my drug, er...drink of choice pre-band. Sometimes I miss it but what I do not miss are the caffeine headaches I would get when I didn't get my fix.

I like to drink unsweetened Decaf tea during the da and Water at night or during a workout. Does decaf tea dehydrate us? I can drink 64oz of tea and I'm still not running to the restroom... I just get so tired of Water and I'm not big on the Mio's or Crystal light add-ins... :(

Diet Coke was my drug' date=' er...drink of choice pre-band. Sometimes I miss it but what I do not miss are the caffeine headaches I would get when I didn't get my fix.[/quote']

Caffeine effectively pushes the water out of our bloodstream and into our kidneys faster which is how I "dehydrates" us tea is pretty low in caffeine compared to soda or coffee and decaf has even less (but still some). In other words tea sn't a good as straight water but it's much better than most popular beverages.

I drink a truck load of Decaf coffee. I drink more coffee now than I did pre-band and I think part of it is because it has become my substitute for soda. I do drink Water with crystal lite but not as much as I should.