Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are/were your goals?

Started journey 303 lbs

Banded on 11/05/12

Currently 211 lbs

Total weight loss 92 lbs

Goal is 200

My heaviest weighed was 228. I'd done the diet/exercise thing and my smallest ever was 165. My weight on the day of surgery was 216. And even though I know it is a hefty goal, I want to lose 100lbs the first year. But I have an "initial" goal of 75-80lbs. I figure that is a good goal to set so I can exceed it hahaha.

I made several mini goals to help keep me focused and motivated. Some of these milestones are things I never thought I'd reach, so just having them as a possibility means a lot to me.

I'm not banded yet, but here are my top 10 goals:

Weight Loss
  • Lose that first 10 lbs: Done! (pre-op diet)
  • Get to "one"derland/Lose 20lbs (only a couple of lbs difference)
  • No longer have a BMI in the obese range/Lose 50lbs/halfway point (only a couple of lbs difference)
  • Make it to a healthy BMI/Lose 80lbs (only a couple of lbs difference)
  • GOAL to be in the mid range for a healthy BMI (20.7-22.7 or 121-132lbs) due to my age and bone structure (91-102lbs total loss) so my current final goal is 130, but honestly, it is really just to be in this particular range.

Fitness
  • Be able to run 1/2 mile (I currently break out in hives!)
  • Be able to run 1 mile
  • Participate in a marathon
  • Participate in a Spartan or Mud Run type of race with my husband!

Clothing
  • Be able to shop in any store for clothes!!!

I would have added clothing size goals, but honestly, I have no clue the weight/clothing size ratio or what size I'd even be at goal, so I decided not to use that as a goal other than being able to shop at any store of my choice rather than special stores with plus size sections that go up into my size.

Goals are to be off my blood pressure medicine, off my c-pap machine, I can't stand it!, to be able to wear a summer dress without worrying about my arms and stomach , butt, hips etc.... and to be in a healthy bmi range, for my height I should be 115lbs. Seems crazy right now but I want it so bad!

Over 25 years ago I bought a pair od Gap brown leather pants in a size 16. I have never been able to wear them, not even when I was a 16. Im going by size of clothes because the scale is not moving . Ive given away all of my 24, and recently the 22. My goal is to get rid of all of the clothes that I have has forever from 16 to 24

I want to weigh less than my husband...and stay less than him forever...36 more lb's and I'm there :)

I started at 346 and I am now 325. I want to be under 300 pounds! Haven't even seen the 200's in 10 years

My major goal right now is to run 5k in July. I'm up to running half a kilometer before I take a small break. Not bad at 286lbs :)

My goals were to reach a healthy weight, ride a roller coaster, wear a bikini in public. I've done all of that now and it feels great. I am focusing less on losing weight and more on maintaining a balanced, realistic lifestyle now.

My new goal is to figure the new "me" out. I was in a protective shell for a long time, stuck in a cycle of negative thinking. That doesn't go away just because you're thinner. So I'm working on my attitude and enjoying life, trying new things. I am doing a 5k in April and a mud run in August. I want to try surfing, zip lining, and horse backing riding this year. I'd also like to walk my dog daily (once it gets warm) and go to a waterpark.

My goal is to be out the 218/220 range. I would like to be at 210 before this month is out. Im taking little steps.

When I started losing weight 2 years ago my goal was to get to my fighting weight of 325. Less than 4 lbs to go. Since I lost most of that before the band I set a few other goals I want to stop snoring (which would mean no C-PAP). If I can get to 225 I'd weight what I did in Jr. High but I'm guessing my adult frame will hold that weight much better. My maintenance goal is either 185 which would give me a "normal" BMI or a 38" waist. Accomplishing either (or both) of those goals would mean I've cut the likelihood of death by cardiac arrest by over a third (and probably eliminated my hypertension and Diabetes in the process).

My emotional goals include being hit upon by exotic strangers (who aren't influenced by my rapier wit and modesty) and being able to buy a full set of clothes in a store rather than having to order everything on the Internet.

You guys all rock

I've been thinking about this a lot. For a long time (seems like forever) I've been so obsessed with numbers that I haven't thought about goals outside of numbers on the scale or on the tags of my clothes, but I think that at the moment, my ultimate NSV goal will be to be able to mount my horse from the ground under my own power and not have to use a tall step to get up there. That will mean both having a smaller body to lift and more strength for the lifting.

I think that would make me very, very happy.

I want to add zip line and horseback riding!