Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

out of the blue success

out of the blue today

a co worker of mine (who i rarely see)

as she is in another part of the office/building...

well she came up to me this morning and said, you are looking so great.

i could only think of one thing to say, thank you..

*strange how something from someone can make you whole day*

You deserve every accolade CG! Embrace it!

You know its funny.... people I didnt even know existed come up to me all the time and make lovely comments... sometimes I wonder when me being thin will be "normal" LOL

You deserve every accolade CG! Embrace it!

You know its funny.... people I didnt even know existed come up to me all the time and make lovely comments... sometimes I wonder when me being thin will be "normal" LOL

it felt odd saying (thank you).

wonder if i will get use to that...

your words mean everything floridays :wub:

People who've never had weight problems can be entertaining if you take it that way. Years ago when I lost a ton of weight doing Atkins I had a female co-worker say to me "wow your face is so skinny". LOL

Another time a different co-worker said to a buddy of mine "Jim is going to be so handsome when he loses the rest of his weight"

I know both comments were truly meant as compliments but it easily could've been insulting.

A lot of 'thin' people who never battled obesity are unsure how to handle the situations.

it felt odd saying (thank you).

wonder if i will get use to that...

your words mean everything floridays :wub:

They are well deserved!

Its funny... I have said thank you more in the past 2 years then I have ever said in my life. Its certainly an eye opener tho.... It makes me wonder what people dont say!!!

For example... we have been going to a neighborhood sports bar / family restaurant for 15 yrs or so for a quick bite or drinks with friends. There are lots of regulars there so everyone knows somebody most times... a lot of the people have become our friends over the years.

Several years ago an incident happened one night... there is one couple we know... he is ok but she is a drunk and just a trashy type of gal... she was wasted and something was said about how hot she thought she looked... and she said to my hubby...well I am surprised you dont notice me considering what your wife looks like. Hubby was smart enough to walk away from her but told me about it for some reason. Of course this was pre banded days and my feelings were hurt but I didnt really pay her any mind. In fact I am always pleasant to everyone but in her case I pretty much ignored her whenever I ran into her after her comments... and I doubted she remembered why.

We hadnt seen them in a really long time which I never thought twice about... but actually saw them a few weeks ago and she was all over me with how great I looked and the compliments were flowing like Water. I just said thank you and kept walking... really biting my tongue not to give her a piece of my mind. As the evening wore on she and caught me in the bathroom... again with the compliments.... I cracked... and I said to her... You know Cherry... I appreciate all your kind words but they really have no bearing on my life. She was like... huh? why? I reminded her about the comments she made several years ago and she denied them at first then chalked it up to her being drunk. So I said to her... its really too bad you arent able to identify your shortcomings like I did. I knew I was fat and chose to do something about it. Hopefully for the sake of your physical and mental health you find the willpower to help yourself.

Safe to say she pretty much walked away but i hope she will think before she speaks next time...

They are well deserved!

Its funny... I have said thank you more in the past 2 years then I have ever said in my life. Its certainly an eye opener tho.... It makes me wonder what people dont say!!!

For example... we have been going to a neighborhood sports bar / family restaurant for 15 yrs or so for a quick bite or drinks with friends. There are lots of regulars there so everyone knows somebody most times... a lot of the people have become our friends over the years.

Several years ago an incident happened one night... there is one couple we know... he is ok but she is a drunk and just a trashy type of gal... she was wasted and something was said about how hot she thought she looked... and she said to my hubby...well I am surprised you dont notice me considering what your wife looks like. Hubby was smart enough to walk away from her but told me about it for some reason. Of course this was pre banded days and my feelings were hurt but I didnt really pay her any mind. In fact I am always pleasant to everyone but in her case I pretty much ignored her whenever I ran into her after her comments... and I doubted she remembered why.

We hadnt seen them in a really long time which I never thought twice about... but actually saw them a few weeks ago and she was all over me with how great I looked and the compliments were flowing like Water. I just said thank you and kept walking... really biting my tongue not to give her a piece of my mind. As the evening wore on she and caught me in the bathroom... again with the compliments.... I cracked... and I said to her... You know Cherry... I appreciate all your kind words but they really have no bearing on my life. She was like... huh? why? I reminded her about the comments she made several years ago and she denied them at first then chalked it up to her being drunk. So I said to her... its really too bad you arent able to identify your shortcomings like I did. I knew I was fat and chose to do something about it. Hopefully for the sake of your physical and mental health you find the willpower to help yourself.

Safe to say she pretty much walked away but i hope she will think before she speaks next time...

what a great story.

your appearance when she saw you spoke MOUNTAINS

and her denying.....figures....what a piece of work she is....

good for you girlfriend

You deserve compliments, you have done a wonderful job. You are a great spokesperson from Lapband. You success show everyone what commitment can do.

They are well deserved!

BRAVO!!!!

They are well deserved!

Brings to mind another quote " I maybe fat, but you're ugly and I could go on a diet". Good job!

Enjoy the compliments. You deserve it.