Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. Im not sure if anyone will read this but I am getting extremely frustrated. My name is Asha I am 27 years old. I am a mom of three and very overwhelmed. Because of my insurance requirements I have to do the six month supervised diets, I am on month 3 and becoming very ....agitated, discouraged, impatient. And just downright tired. Or am I confusing that with laziness????? My weight is currently at 221 and I'm only 5'1. I'm so stressed that at the end of this I will just get denied for the surgery. What made my day even worse is I ran into one of my aunts today and she blatantly told me I was way too fat and made a joke out of it.... I laughed along with her when I really just wanted to cry. My post may not make any sense.... But I do feel a little better writing everything out. <3

Next time you should just cry. If that is how u truly felt why hide it what to save your aunt who just wanted to make herself feel better? Don't give her the satisfaction next time.

Man thats kinda rude of her. Im sorry u feel that way. :/ i know these loopholes insurance wants u to go thru is very hard but the outcome will be bright. You've already done half. Youll get thru this.. Even if insurance doesnt approve there is a reason youve been put to this task. Just keep on the path laid for you and go from there. Dont worry so much about failing. Bc if u do the real failure will be your frame of mind.

Good luck to u!

Hang in there it will go by before you know it. If they deny appeal if they still deny re apply. It will happen

First, I am sending you a virtual hug :(

Your post actually makes perfect sense. You're tired, you're frustrated, you're sick of waiting for the surgery, and your insensitive jerk of an aunt just made it all feel ten times worse. Believe me, I totally understand and your post definitely makes sense.

I wish I had some wise, wonderful words to make you feel better. I don't. All I can tell you is that you're on the right track. You're taking the necessary steps to not only better your life but your kids' lives by giving them a healthy mom. You're half way through the supervised diet, so that means you're only a couple months from surgery too. Try not to look at it like you have 3 months to go, look it like you're almost done.

As for your aunt and people like her...never be afraid to stand up for yourself. You don't have to fake laughter when their hurtful remarks make you want to cry. Tell them how it makes you feel and don't take that abuse from anyone. You are a wonderful, worthy human being and deserve to be treated with nothing less than respect.

Best wishes on your journey. Hang in there.

Stuffing our feelings is one of the things we have to work on during LBS. You my as well start to learn that part and be open with your feelings. Thats probably why you feel like giving up, b/c the old you stuffs your feeling and then comforts yourself with food, but now thats not possible. Its amazing all we have to learn about ourselves now. Its not just changing our intake of food, thats only part of it. Its about changing who we are and how we handle things.

Missy is right, you are worthy to be good to yourself. You are worthy of being healthy. You are worthy of respect from yourself and others.

Don't give up, you have nothing to lose, but the old you.

You can do this!

Hang in there...you are doing great! If posting this helped, then keep it up...maybe start a blog to use an outlet for your frustrations. :)

You are where you are right now because that is where you need to be. I truly believe that everything in our lives is for our good even if we can't see it right away. You will make it and you will be okay. It stings when people make rude comments even though what other people say shouldn't really matter. Just pray for her that she will learn tact because you are doing what you can to change your life and its nobody's business but yours and God's.

As for your aunt and people like her...never be afraid to stand up for yourself. You don't have to fake laughter when their hurtful remarks make you want to cry. Tell them how it makes you feel and don't take that abuse from anyone. You are a wonderful, worthy human being and deserve to be treated with nothing less than respect.

The reason that people do this is because they think they can get away with it. Rudeness of this nature should not be tolerated! It should be faced head on and shoved back down the other persons throat IMHO. :angry: Now, get revenge, complete your diet, get your band and lose the weight!

@SophiasMommy1

I'm 5'1 and can tell you, I have been that tired, very recently.... It is frustrating.

Don't be discouraged, you are already winning. Look forward to your goal. Nothing can Detour you, you are evaluating and taking action. You can do this, you can wait and appeal that insurance company if need be. You have most likely tried many other things to get here to this point, this is just the last leg of the race. You can do this.

i had an aunt who always made comments to my husband about his weight. Finally he said to her, I can change, you never will. She never again made a comment about his big belly. Sometimes you need to answer people.

I had to do the 6 month dietician which became 9 months before approved for surgery. I know how you feel especially when the make you wait more than 4 weeks until next appt. I been in the process since April 2012 and am finally going for surgery on Feb 7, 2013. Time flies ...and the best things come to those who wait. Im 5'5" and 288 lbs. I have 4 more days till surgery and I am struggling with this liquid diet. I would suggest enjoy this waiting period. Use this time to eat smaller portions and when yourself off the bad stuff. I didn't listen to that advice and now Im struggling. Good luck! By the way... I am so hungry. Oh ya... And for your aunt let her know you can always loose the weight but what is she going to do about her ugly face.

Girl keep your head up! I'm 20 an when my journey began I weighed 265 and stood at 5'5. I too had to do a 6 month diet with a dietician and was denied after an entire year of wanting the surgery. I know I'm young, but when you really want something, it's worth waiting for. After my 3rd attempt I was approved for the surgery. So all I have to say is fight for what you want. If you want it, you'll make it happen. (:

Hi there, I didn't have to do the supervised diet, I'm in Ontario, Canada and the only choice I had was to take a 5 year 18k loan to pay for this. I will recover about 5k thru tax credit, but that's it. Now, on to your, so called aunt, &@, her, I have family like that. A few weeks back I went back home to visit, I hadn't seen my family in about a year, so I called the critical u know what's, and told hem I gained a **** ton of weight, I took the fun out of it for them! And u know what, we will have the last laugh, when u Do loose ur weight, u can killer her with kindness and guilt! Tell her because of her rudeness, and inconsiderate ness towards you, it was a motivator. In he end, u will conquer! Stay strong, stay on this forum.

I'm off to get banded.....

We are all here for you, keeping coming back to the forum and get inspiration from all of the great guys and gals on here. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the band; it took me a full year as I was turned down three times. I cried sometimes got frustrated sometimes and downright tee off sometimes but I kept coming back until I got my approval. You hang in there with us and we will help you as much as possible. Hugs hugs and more hugs.