Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call for Help!!!!!

:help: It's been awhile since I last contacted you all.

I find that I need to return for some guidance, support, and help.

On the good side being banded has saved my life. For some quick background I was banded in July 2005 and was close to 300lbs. I am currently at 238!! Yes it has been a great feeling I never thought it was possible. I've had three fills. So let me tell you honestly what is got me so concerned.

I feel as if I'm loosing my motivation. I haven't totally lost it but sometimes I think I'm pushing the limit. It's not always what I am eating it's the volume. The last time I had a fill I mentioned this to the nurse and she said something about stretching my pouch. I did'nt think about it at the time but can anyone tell me what the

heck that it? Now I'm scared. Have I done something to myself ? Should I get another fill? How many fills are too many?

Also, I'm finding it difficult in remebering what to eat.

I really really need to know how someone plans their eating everyday. I have family of 4 and our budget does'nt give me the luxury of buying food totally different from them so I try to keep on task but sometimes it difficult. I cant find my food list to remind me. Can anyone please please give me a site I can acess so I can reference???

Now for the emotional part.......In February my mother in law unexpected passed away. She was a big part of our family I miss her very much. My father is not well and we will probably say good bye to him too. It puts me on a downer when I'm trying to stay so about about my weight loss and what I need to do to stay on track. Part of me feels like I want to slide. I feel those old thoughts in the background that I'm afraid I will sabotage myself as I've done in the past when I'm being sucessful. My husband is very proud of me. I've received lots of encouragement and positive responses, yet.......So does anyone understand where I'm coming from?? You've always given me such great information before so I am hoping you can be there for me again.

Thank you reading my plite. I would appreciate any responses.

Micki

Micki, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much sadness in your life, but don't use this as an excuse to fall back into your old habits.

It's time to spring forward, get your head in the right frame of mind, I suggest high Protein, which does not break the bank. tuna, chicken salad, egg salad, these are all things that can be added to a large salad.

You can do it....Hugs!

Micki, you ARE doing wonderful! Even with the loss and illness of loved ones you still managed to lose weight. I think we all go through the roller-coaster of motivation. I suppose it's human nature. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I am not sure which food you can/cannot tolerate. However, all along I've been cooking for my family and eating what I can. Really, I haven't had to eat seperately, for the most part. Although, sometimes after a fill I might eat a bit differently.

I don't follow a food plan, other than Protein first then veggie and carbs. Of course, no drinking during and directly after meals. Other than that, it's pretty easy. Of course, try to go for baked, broiled or broiled, other than fried...

Good luck and pat yourself on the back. Shawn

I completely understand where you are coming from Mickie see my thread Memoirs of a Stretched Pouch in the Lapband complications forum. Going back to complete liquids for a week has really helped me. I have made improvements in my weak areas. The worst offender was eating in front of the tv. I know how hard it is to lose someone that was important to you. I lost my grandmother last November...I still miss her so much. I am sure that your mother wanted you to be successful with your band. So make Monday a new day to make good bander decisions. Huggs PM if you want to talk.

Hi Mickie,

You've had some very difficult stressors in your life and we're conditioned to make ourselves feel better with food. It's only natural for you to turn to what's familiar and makes us feel GOOD. That said, I think you need to stop dwelling on whatever mistakes you made in the past and concentrate on focusing on your truly WONDERFUL weight loss success.

Go back to a "one day at a time attitude" and take some time to plan your meals. You can have what your family has but set a SMALL plate at the table for yourself and don't go back for seconds. Water loading can also help. While you're preparing dinner, grab a bottle of water and start drinking to fill yourself up before you sit down to eat. Remember to eat slowly and stop eating when you're satisfied and NOT stuffed.

My dietician says to have 2 ounces of Protein to one ounce of a carbohydrate. If, after getting "back on the wagon" you find that you're not feeling restricted, you should consider another fill. Finally, come here and read the posts for support.

Happy Easter. Since it's the season of New Beginnings, your return to the board was very timely. Best of luck to you.

Oh Miki, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are currently going through some of the most difficult life experiences humans go through. Please, please, please don't be so hard on yourself. Right now, maybe it is a time for maintaining, as opposed to losing. And that's the great thing about the band, it will be there ready when you are.

Shawn gave you the advice I was going to give you about food.

((((((((hugs))))))))

Yes, I relate. Lost my mom and grandma during this last year, and know how difficult this is. You are actually doing better than you think you are. I agree with the advice you have been given to maintain your weight. Don't stress yourself out over it, and then give yourself a reason to feel even worse.

You don't need a food list. I don't eat anything different from my family; I just eat less, or maybe I skip part of the meal, like biscuits. Scrambled eggs are great for keeping me full for a long time...but tastes are so personal, so find something you like, and eat moderately.

The next thing I suggest is to focus on finding something else to do with your feelings besides eat. Do you read, write, craft? Find a book to donate to a library in your mother-in-laws memory? Create a memory book about her for your children? I'm just throwing out ideas, maybe one of them will spark something for you.

I understand how powerful loss is and how much it affects your life. I'm sure I might have lost more weight, but I kept tripping over the emotional eating part of the journey. But blaming and shaming myself would probably only have made it worse, don't you think? So don't do that. Focus on something else, and coast on the eating a little.

(((((hugs)))) Cindy

Miki,

I'm not banded yet, but I am a dietician...sort of like a doctor who smokes and drinks and has unprotected sex...I know...but anyway I talked in one of my threads about a website called fitday.com Don't only use it as a food diary, use it to plan with...It really helps me.

I'm sorry to hear about the sad times you've had...Things will get better and I am a true believer in positive thinking and visualization, so take 20 minutes every day just for you, relax and imagine all of your goals in life and meeting them....and pretty soon...you will!

Love ya chickie baby

Hi Miki,

I have to agree with Chameleon about FitDay.com - it's worth the time it takes every day. There is a free version so it won't cost you anything but if you can afford $20 (one time) I recommend buying the download. It works better and has many more options than the free version. The free version will help you to see if you think you'll use it and if it's useful to you. Unfortunately the free version won't store your custom food portions, so you have to keep a paper list with portions on it - kind of a pain. The $20 downloadable version (discounted to $20 if you sign up for the free version - will save you about $6) stores EVERYTHING - your custom foods, portions, custom activities, goals, and all kinds of reports etc. I've never tried to keep track of my food intake before because I thought it would be a big pain in the hoo hoo but FitDay makes it easy and has actually caused me to think about my choices logically for the first time in my life. Even better, it has allowed me to see my progress in a very real, tangible way. I rely on FitDay as much as I do on LapBandTalk.

Speaking of LapBandTalk, this place has been the absolute best way to distract myself AND be encouraged at the same time. The people here REALLY, REALLY want us all to succeed. I've never felt so much support or seen such passionate committment in my life. Come here and visit more often, it really helps.

With regard to the Water consumption, make sure you get enough so your kidneys work efficiently and so your liver doesn't have to work so hard - with the additional benefit of keeping you feeling full. Just remember to stop drinking 1/2 hour before you eat and not begin drinking again for an hour after you've eaten. If you eat or drink inside this time frame the Water is washing the food out of your pouch and not letting you benefit from that feeling of being full for the longest amount of time.

We're all here for you. Step back from the edge, take a deep breath, and move forward without beating yourself up. You're going to do just fine.

4/18/06

Thank you Keri,

That was really really helpful. Read you message in complications. It made me feel so much better. But can you tell me what are the symptoms of a stretched band? How do you know if it' happened?

Are the signs? If so should I go to the doctor or just put myself on

liquids? Is that the fix? Or if not should I have another fill?

I appreciate your response.

Thank you ever so again.

Micki