Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food finds! what are you eatin and LOVIN?!?!

hi everyone! ok so no secret :hungry: I LOVE FOOD!

here are some foods i have been eating lately and REALLY loving!

1. health nut BREADS: 1 oversized slice = 90-100 calories. organic bread with flax seeds and sunflowers.

2. LA tortilla factory wraps...rosemary and something. these are 100 calories for a HUGE 10 inch wrap! most low cal. wraps are 100 calorie for a 6 or 8 inch so these are bigger and taste AWESOME! also made with unproccessed wheat flower!

3. yoplait LIGHT yogurt KEY LIME PIE! 90 calories. i eat one of these for Breakfast about 4-5 times a week and i LOVE them!

4. fudgecicles (sp) (no sugar added) GREAT for a choco fix! 40 calories per single bar!!! even if you have 2 a 80 cal. snack is AWESOME!

5. wal mart brand sweetened with splenda peaches. THE WHOLE CAN is a whopping 110 calories!!!

6. litehouse sesame ginger dressing. i use this for my stir fry's. its 35 calories per 2 tbsp. OR brush it on chicken or pork as your grilling!

you guys give me some good foods to try!

Shelly,

Your food faves are great! I'm not banded yet but I journal all great ideas and some of yours will make my top 10. Keep them coming! :eek:

AWESOME thread idea!

ok so no secret I LOVE FOOD!

meeeee too Michelle. And my scale shows it.

Lately this has been my regular pick-up at Walmart:

Dannon carb control yogurt - 60 cal's per cup/ 3 nt carbs (It comes in a 4 pk - I usually eat at least 2 - sometimes all 4)

My other regular's are baaaaaad news - so Im not going to list em! :biggrin1:

Being Easter time we had tons of hard-boiled eggs around, so I made egg salad (just with lite mayo and yellow mustard) and added tuna to it...not too bad! And lots of protein! :confused: I made up a few of the 1/2 cup serving sizes and it has been great to grab when I'm short on time.

I love Chinese food and I found a meal to satisfy that craving. The South Beach savory beef and cheesy broccoli dinner. I can eat half of it and sometimes add some lite sour cream to the broccoli. It's yummy!

Those are my favorites recently!

Kell

ShellyJ.

What is the brand of the health nut bread. So it alright to eat bread? I am a newbie and would really like to know that bread can be in my future?

if you can tolerate bread then its fine. i have never had a problem with

it and it it regularly. i just got a fill so depending on if my band will let it pass through, i will still be enjoying it!

the "wheat montana bakery and grains" heres there website: http://www.wheatmontana.com/baked.php

Kell- we have been enjoying the died easter eggs too! YUMM! i bury them in salt and fresh ground pepper!

ok so i thought i would revisit this post since i am struggling with eating too much foods (good or bad) and REAL hunger. i woke up at 4 am because my stomach was GROWLING...now i am a person who can sleep through the alarm blaring for an HOUR! yet grumbling in my tummy wakes me UP.

i am very glad to say that i am eating the same foods i was loving WITH restriction...well except the fudgecicles. i have gone straight for the chocolate for a good month now. call it wedding stress, whatever, i call it ADDICTION!

PLEASE tell me some good foods that are lower calorie and taste good!!!

here are some that i didnt mention above, but have always loved...

MORNINGSTAR veggie burgers! they are only like 100 calories and i LIKE the taste! serve covered in sauteed veggies (mushrooms, onions, peppers) with some cheese on top!! YUMMY and filling with or without bread! ***please note i love the ones that are veggies shaped into a patty, NOT the ones immitating meat, those are GROSS imo but i am a meat eater.

i also LOVE LOVE LOVE their veggie corn dogs!!! 150 calories vs 300 calories for others! i cant deny that a good crispy corndog calls to me sometimes! gross out factor has made me stay away from 'hot dogs' for years until i found "morningstar" brand veggie dogs- then later the VEGGIE CORN DOGS (frozen food section) i bake them in the oven so their crispy and dip in mustard! my DAD is a meat lover and he would eat a veggie dog off the grill in a second.

i also eat a lot of lite tofu, firm or extra firm. a whole box is 120 calories (also depends on brand) add that to a veggie stirfry with above mentioned "lighthouse sesame dressing" and YUUUUUUMMMMMY and low calorie. i also freeze my leftovers in lunch sized containers and eat for lunch or a quick dinner!

I love morningstar veggie burgers, they are awesome on the grill (they get crispy on the outside mmmmmm).

The drinkable yogurt (Danimals, its the kids one 70 calories) I have one on my way to work to curb the tummy.

BBQ flavor soy chips.

Watermellon

Turkey Breakfast sausage, 3 links 120 calories (can't remember brand name)

Breakstone's individual cottage cheese w fruit.

South Beach Turkey/Bacon wraps - lotsa Protein and they're good.

I've been eating alot of chef salad lately, with thin sliced ham or turkey and boiled eggs. I can't go wrong with boiled eggs. If I want to drop a pound or two quickly, I boil up a bunch of eggs and try to detox myself from anything else I've been stuffing myself with. It works.

I still love Chili - lotsa Protein and lotsa taste.

Bought myself some 'Flat out' wraps the other day to make wraps with lunchmeats. Pretty good, really too big for one sitting, so I cut the wrap in half and have the rest later.

These are my favorite snacks...... Only one per day, unless my meal calories are low.

Keebler 100 Calorie Packs, Fudge stripped cookies

Keebler 100 Calorie Packs, chips Deluxe

Frigo string cheese

Yoplait light (Blueberry or Cherry)

Baked Cheetos (130 calories for 34 pieces)

Slim Fast candy bars / granola bars with chocolate chips

Werther's sugar free candies

WalMart brand, No sugar added ice cream sandwiches

Bomb Pops

Del Monte fruit cups, in light syrup

njchick- i just had a drinkable yogurt! the answer to a -on the go- Breakfast, if you have restriction!

leatha- i need to lay off the eggs! i have been having (since honeymoon) eggs every morning! this morning was a fried egg with slice of cheese sandwich on healthnut bread with reg. mayo AND another popper egg on the side with its own piece of healthnut bread, luckily my dogs helped me eat the 2nd piece of toast!

i am gonna defrost some great chilly i made about 2 months ago. i can also put a scoop on a turkey dog, they are cheaper than veggie dogs so i buy them unless i am getting the corn dogs.

kathi- i love the 100 calorie packs i like the wheat thins. i have never tried baked cheetos i will be looking into them!

thanks ladies!

Has anyone tried the Kashi TLC Crunchy granola bars? They are so good. I haven't had my band yet, but the pumpkin flax bars are 180 calories, 0.5 saturated fat, 4 grms of Fiber and 6 of Protein.

They are super filling, and crunchy goodness. I hope I can still have them post-band, because I eat them all the time. pumpkin flax and roasted almond are my favs, but they have a Peanut Peanut one that looks good.

From one chocolate lover to another:

ShellyJ - if you are really struggling and want/need some chocolate - I found Weight Watchers' candies to be yummy (made by Whitman's)--- they really do the job and taste as good as the regular stuff - just watch out and eat only one at a time - they have 'saturated fat' which I have to watch due to high cholesterol

you can buy them by the bag (I think 6 in these) or individually - I found them at Jewel/Albertson's and Walgreens

Crispy Butter Cream Caramel : 3 pieces have: 8g fat, 6 g sat. fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 23g carbs, 9g dietary Fiber, 7g sugar, 3g Protein -- so again - ONE piece isn't too bad

I finally tried the South Beach wraps and they are great! I avoid tortillas but these are the whole wheat kind and are fine with my band. Yahooo! I won't buy the Turkey Bacon ones again. The bacon crumbles produce the wad of spit-out food...yuck. But the the southwest chicken ones are great, and today at Wal-Mart, I found an oriental-style wrap. Not sure what's in 'em, I saw it and put it in the basket (this is what happens when you go to Wal-Mart with a 6yo and a 3yo!!!!) so I'll let you know if it's any good. They are about 250 calories, low fat, low carb, and really satisfy the taste buds. Good find!

Yoplait custard style yogurt. I never liked yogurt prior to banding because the texture was disguisting and I could not get bring myself to eat it without gagging. Now I eat one or sometimes two every day. I am also loving fresh cooked green Beans with garlic, olive oil and balsamic vineger - absolutely yummy!