Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else feel like a Lap Band failure?

One thing I can add: Be patient. After my lapband, I could eat everything I wanted to and I did - for the first 4-5 mths. I had 2 fills and felt nothing different. 4 months after having surgery, I thought I had failed yet another diet. Until my 3rd fill. I think for most of us it takes 2-5 fills to get tot eh Green Zone. My 3rd fill was magic for me. I started eating toddlers portions. In fact, over 3 yrs later, unfills/fills - I can still eat only a toddlers portion. Please avoid vomiting also. It's what caused my band to slip about 9 mths ago. I do have occasional sips of my hubbys soda (maybe 4 sips a week) - I could never drink a whole soda. And I can't drink while I'm eating so soda doesn't have the same appeal to me anymore.

Be patient. Get a couple more fills under your belt before you decide that the band isn't for you. I thought I was immune to every kind of weight loss thing out there, but apparently, the band works for me! Now, if I could get off the last 20-some lbs to get to goal (doing so with a slipped band, of course!)

Good luck!

Marci

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been drinking Water all day. As long as I keep plenty of ice in it, I have no problems drinking it. I also just had a piece of grilled chicken with some spinach for dinner and I did not drink my water with dinner. Waiting 30 minutes is hard though when you want to drink so bad, but I'm gonna do it.

Carbonation can be a problem for someone with the Lap Band. Please stop immediately. I like Diet Coke but I gave it up cold turkey the day of surgery. Until you get restrictions this is the willpower diet. It wasn't until I had 10.6 cc that I have restriction, which took me 6 months to achieve.

For now I would buy a food scale and weigh out all your solid Protein to 3 ounces. And then eat low fat low carb low calorie vegetables until satisfied. And it's hard to describe but satisfied is really different than full.

Did your doctor require you to meet with a eating disorder therapist? I wish all doctors required such appointments. Because the band will never ever outsmart your brain. It won't and can't stop you from eating anything that dissolve in your mouth such as candy, cake, crackers etc.