Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Survived First Fill Today.... Liquids for the next 3 days??

So I had my first fill today. I was terrified but it wasn't so bad. He put in 3.1cc in. It was neat to watch on the screen. So now I am restricted to liquids until Sunday. Not clears, just liquid. I did Cream of chicken Soup tonight, but I still feel hungry. I measured out aprox 6 ounces, the most the Doc said I should be eating in a meal?? I am hungry and don't know what to do. I want this to work and I don't want to screw it up. Any suggestions?

3 days? Wow, that seems like a long time. My dr recommends 24 hrs on liquids. Enjoy your fill!

Marci

Got my first fill yesterday. Liquids for 48 hrs. I'm up to 5.5 cc in my 10 cc band. Hope this does it !!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Njmommy Who is your surgeon? I'm in Jersey too.... I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going with but I'm always looking for suggestions.

Remember 6 ounces of liquid is different than 6 ounces of weight. As Soup like cream of chicken or cream of mushroom is going to slip right through the pouch into the stomach. It is after all a liquid. When I was on liquids I did the measure out to 8 ounces. I agree I think you should be using Protein Shakes at this point. When I was having fills I would do a Protein Shake wait a while and then have smooth Tomato Soup.< /p>

I just had my first fill of 3 cc's on Thursday. I was given 48 hours of liquids. Very hard. I had the same problem of being Hungary. I have been taking in a Protein Shake, then a high Protein yogurt, protein shake, yogurt and finish the night with Soup. I will drink tea and Water in between to feel full. It has been a struggle. I noticed Greek yogurt keeps me full for a while since it is so thick. I was even thinking of mixing my Protein Powder with a bit of yogurt and some skim milk.

Don't worry it will pay off, it's only 2 days.

I just hope my plateau will go away for the past week I have been between 210 and 208. I would love to keep going down. Guess I just need more exercise. Good luck to you!

Protein Shakes are best post fill to ensure you get the nutrition you need. Try 2-3 oounces of Protein every hour while awake, and sip other liquids in between.

Ok so everyone is suggesting Protein shakes... what should I be looking for. I looked at the Atkins, Speacial K, and Slimfast are any of these good? I am so picky!! Are you guys buying special shakes? Using Carnation Instant Breakfast? What are my options here and what taste good?

I really like Protein plus from costco. 35 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar. Muscle milk light is my favorite 100 calories, 15 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar.

All of the Proteins you listed have lots of sugar.My doctor placed those on a do not drink list, but what is most important is what does your doctor say?

My doctor wants me to reach a goal of 60 grams of protein a day, however my dietician wants me to ween from Protein Shakes and get it from other sources like fish, chicken, eggs and milk. You might want to go with high protein,15 to 30 grams, sugars of less than 10 grams, 1 gram is ideal, and carbs of 10 grams or less. Good luck.

Thanks J_Rob had some issues with the nutritionist we used, need to find another!! Little fuzzy on some of the do's and don'ts!

Premier brand ready to drink is very good 160 calories for 30 grams of Protein. As mentioned above the options you listed tend to be higher in calories for the amount of protein. You can find premier at Sam's Club and costco. Muscle Milk Light ready to drink is okay but make sure to get the Lite version versus the regular as it has a lot less calories. Carnation Instant Breakfast comes in a sugar free version so if you're going to go that route make sure to get sugar free. You can make your own shakes from protein powder and milk. I make them in a blender an add ice cubes to get a nice icy texture.

you know when I was looking at the shakes at the store I didn't even think of sugar, I just assumed they would be better for me. I was only looking at the Protein portion.

I also want to try the Atkins frozen meals but I am concerned about the sodium content. They have the highest Protein over the other diet frozen meals, but the also the highest sodium.

I am trying to find quick affordable portioned meals so that I can grab something while I make the family the dinners they like.

My biggest issues with food, as I have learned is portion control!! now I have no other option but to control it.

That can be easily resolved. You can get a food scale or go by a basic measurement, such as Protein should be the size of the palm of your hand or a deck of cards. It will get easier if you remain consistent, consistency is key as with everything in life. I made the mistake a log time ago to say ok I reached my goal and I have done my due diligence so now I can take a break, yeah the weight came back to bite me on the ass even harder.

We are human and we learn from trial and error. It's ok if you have a treat now and then but don't make it a habit. Instead make new habits like fruit and vegetables as Snacks. We can get through this and overcome. Keep your eyes on the overall prize, mine is to fit into those smaller jeans and cute tops and dresses.